Did you know that the number one way for identity thieves to get ahold of your personal and financial information is to steal your purse or wallet out of your vehicle? You should never leave your pocketbook unattended. If you do need to leave it with the car, put it in the trunk–windows are easily broken.
The Spokane Police Department urges shoppers to discourage vehicle prowling this holiday season by:
1. Stashing your junk in the trunk
2. Taking your valuables into the house
3. When shopping, referring to Number 1
4. Parking your car in a well lit and/or high-trafficked area
5. Locking your car doors at all times
If you see someone in your car, call 911–and be sure to get the suspect’s license number if you can. Remember, most crimes like smash-and-grabs occur because of an easy opportunity. The majority of criminals don’t want to work hard, so don’t make it easy for them.