Becoming a Caregiver For an Elderly or Disabled Parent

If you are caring for an elderly or disabled relative that needs help dealing with their Social Security Benefits, you can apply to be representative payee. The Social Security Administration will do a thorough investigation to make sure that the applicant meets all the requirements. The representative payee will receive the elderly/disabled persons’ benefits to use on their behalf. As their representative you must have a good understanding of all their needs so that you can use the benefits to the best interest of the person in your care. Food and shelter are first priorities then medical bills followed by personal needs and recreation.

For more information on becoming a representative payee, you can visit

Related Posts:


About Trisha Sefakis

I started at BBB|Cincinnati in 2004 as the Database Coordinator, I am now the Manager of Digital Media.