In Metro Atlanta, Athens and NE Georgia

Houndstooth Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

13 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

05/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: Terrible service. I did not hear anything until I call at 9:15am the next morning, asking for a time frame for "morning". The guy on the phone stated he will call the cleaner man. The cleaner "Kid" showed up around 11am, under a different carpet cleaning company. (Strange) After I showed" him the areas I wanted clean, he said nothing. The cleaner "kid" knew nothing about any of my concerns. Cleaner "Kid" should have stated he could not do the job. After 2hrs he called me to sign a paper. My carpet was soak with the same spots. Cleaner "Kid" stated, we charge extra for deep cleaning..WHAT??? I complained and try to call the manager-no response. Cleaner "Kid" stated "oh they close now. Cleaner "Kid" stated, spill spots won't clean, some are pets spots. Wrong!!! my cat do not piss on the floor. "It would smell, right?" The carpet is still wet almost 24hrs later. My house smell like a damp mop. My son and I used carpet cleaner and "shout it out-stain remover" to try to make the carpet look and smell better. I asked cleaner "Kid" where is the cleaning/deodorizer that he should have used? He said, I did not put deodorizer yet-but remember he said he was done and wanted my signature "NOT". My carpet in the family room and dining room is buckling. I had to put down plastic to put my furniture back in order. Cleaner "Kid" stated, I will clean again, "NOT" the carpet is soak and water patches in my kitchen and my wood floors. This should have been done "PROFESSIONALLY" the first time. Cleaner "Kid" made my carpet worse. This company should be ashamed of themselves misleading customers.

I called Ms. ******* on Monday, 5/5 and left her a voice mail asking her to call so that we could rectify any problems. She called me back on Tuesday, 5-6 and I offered her a full refund. But she informed me that she never paid for the work. She set up an appontment for us to come out to her house today, Wednesday, 5/7, between 5 and 7 PM to rectify any problems. She just called a afew minutes ago to cancel that appointment and said that she would call back to reschedule.

Incidentrally, the "kid" she spoke of is in his erarly twenties. He informed us that the only additional charges he mentioned to her were for what he THOUGHT were pet odors, but he says he tried to make it clear to her that that was opitional. And we do list pet odor elimination as extra charge on all of our ads. But he apparently misdiagnosed the odor, since Ms. ******* assured me that there were no pet odors.

We will update this report with the BBB as soon as Ms. ******* reschedules teh appointment and will notify you of the results.

11/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of service

Complaint: This company is not reliable and gives poor service.
I called houndstooth to clean my carpet and they stated they will be out on the Oct 11 between 8 and 10 per **** the manager. no call no show. I called the company to see why no one showed up, they stated it was between 12-4. Finally the carpet tech showed up. When I got home and looked at my carpet, it looked as though he cleaned my carpet with dirty water. I called the company and stated my concerns and **** the manager promised me he would get someone to come back out Tuesday October the 15th to have someone to reservice my carpet between 8 -10. Still no call no show. Called the company again and spoke with **** he states he dont know how they messed uo but could not have anyone to come out until Wednesday to redo my carpet. Im so digusted with this company and they poor service and do not want anyone to have to experience this. As of today my carpet is still the same and the company has not lived up to their guarantees. I will never used them again.

Ms. ****** called us on 10/8/13 and set up an appointment for us to clean her carpet on 10/11/13 between the hours of 12-4. We actually arrived a little before noon that morning and cleaned all the carpet in the house for $65.50. The following day (10/12/13), Ms. ****** called our company and expressed dissatisfaction about the work, so we set up an appointment for a free re-service to occur on 10/15/13 between the hours of 8 and 10 AM. We were unaware that our worker did not show up for the re-service until the following morning when we received the BBB complaint in our email. At that point, I called Ms. ****** and reset the re-service for that very day (10/16/2013). We showed up that day and re-cleaned the areas with which Ms. ****** was unhappy. The workman we sent on that particular day stated that Ms. ****** seemed satisfied before he left her house. In addition to that, we also mailed her a full refund check for the $65.50 as per her request to the BBB. Ms. ****** received the check and negotiated it on 10/21/13.

06/06/2013Problems with Product / Service