Aamco Transmissions Total Car Care of Lawrenceville

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After 3 attempts at fixing my transmission I still can't drive the vehicle. Spent $149 at Dodge Dealer and $105 to tow yesterday. Back at the shop now
I took my truck in to the Lawrenceville AAMCO in early February as the transmission had stopped pulling. It took close to 2 weeks to get it back and when I got the truck the shifting was not correct. I took it back and **** kept the truck for more than a week. When I got it a second time it still did not shift correctly. I returned it again and they said there was a bad bearing. Then they said a bad valve body (second return). Makes you wonder if they just winged the initial repair and did not even look over the transmission although I was told it would be a complete rebuilt. All new parts, upgrades, frictions, valve body, etc. The first time they said it was the torque converter. Followed by the bearing and then the valve body. Now it is back again because there is no pump pressure or there is a crack somewhere inside the transmission not allowing enough pressure to build. I paid $2300.00 to repair my truck. I've been unable to use it for at least 3+ weeks, arranging transportation for work. The last straw was **** handing me the keys telling me the truck still did not shift between 3rd and 4th gear correctly and said he spoke to ***** at Hayes Chrysler about the problem and apparently ***** (who is in the parts department) told him it could be the engine computer. I took it in to the dealer and they charged me $149.00 to tell me it was in the computer and there were 5 active codes being sent all pointing to a pressure problem in the transmission as the likely culprit for not shifting correctly. I called Paul and I told him the results and told him I want a replacement remanufactured transmission. This was on Wednesday the 19th of March and I'm still waiting. Now my transmission has given out once again and I had to have it towed back to the shop from Alpharetta at a cost of $105.00 and now I'm back to arranging transportation for the 4th time in less than 2 months.

I'm tired of the run around with **** and this shop. I have been without my truck in working order for weeks now. I either want my $2300.00 refunded so I can take my truck to a reputable repair facility or I want a new remanufactured transmission that has a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty. I would prefer it not be something AAMCO had their hands in as I have no confidence they can fix a transmission at this point. I would also like **** to honor what he says and call me when he says he will. If they are going to put a new transmission in my truck I want it done in one day and I want to be a priority in the shop not behind other repairs. I also want the repair shop to credit my Discover Card or issue me cash for the $105.00 towing bill I incurred last night to get towed from Alpharetta to Lawrenceville when my truck broke down again. I would also like my $149.00 charge to be refunded when **** told me to take my truck to the Dodge dealer for an engine computer problem as the cause of my transmission issues when in fact their were still 5 fault codes all pointing to low pressure in the transmission. IF they felt that was the issue they should have paid to get it checked out not me. IF they are a true transmission shop they would have determined the true nature of the problem. These are my requests. Full refund, reimburse for towing and diagnostic work so I can take it somewhere else. If they won't do a full refund I want a remanufactured transmission with extended warranty and the towing and diagnostic refunded.

10/25/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues
05/28/2013Problems with Product / Service
11/13/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

We had our Ford Explorers transmission rebuilt by this shop less than two years ago. Now it is having a significant issue with the transmission again. When we contacted the business they said they would charge $600 just to take the transmission out of the car, not even to try to diagnose the problem. We have been told by another repair shop that they believe it is the torque converter which is not functioning causing the transmission to overheat. This part was supossed to be replaced during the original repair. Now they are trying to charge another large amount of money to even diagnose the problem with their rebuilt transmission.

We need the issue with the transmission fixed.

this vehicle was repaired at my shop on 10/7/2011. the warranty on these repairs expired on 10/7/2012. Customer has not contacted my shop concerning any issues.

I feel that this company is not being honest. We were not asking to have it repaired under the warranty. We were trying to get it diagnosed and would take it from there. We were told they would have to take it out for a charge of $600. They did something wrong and are now denying they said it. I think this is shady business practices trying to gouge the customer thinking the customer does not know what make sense. I can see from their response that they are going to continue to be dishonest and not offer any resolution to this problem. We have now had to spend $2600 again to repair their shady job on our transmission.

We do not tell any customer that we have to take the transmission out before it is diagnosed. The warranty on this vehicle expired over one year ago. AAMCO is not obligated to make warranty repairs after the warranty expires. This is my final response to this case #*********

10/17/2013Problems with Product / Service
10/08/2012Problems with Product / Service
04/23/2012Billing / Collection Issues
05/05/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Before I decided to use Aamco, I was told I could upgrade the standard 12/12 warranty to a 36/36 then up to a lifetime warranty. So prior to my vehicle reaching the 12k limit, I paid for the 36/36 warranty. Now getting close to the 36k limit I was going to pay for the lifetime warranty. Now, different owner, was told that the information I was given was not correct and can not upgrade to the Lifetime Warranty. I also contacted the Corporate Office with no satisfaction. I would not have choose Aamco if I was given proper information to begin with. I only want what I was promised several times over many visits by Scott the precious owner and the Service Manager. I would like the Lifetime Warranty for the additional $360.00. I also have a credit at this business for $100.00 for referring two people to them.
Product_Or_Service: transmission rebuild

I would like my warranty extended just like I was told for $360.00 minus my $100.00 credit.

Transmissions - Automobile, Auto Repair & Service