FDA Tax Service

01/15/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

taxes filed incorrectly resulting in fine and additional tax
form 1099 which I brought to them regarding money from *************** was not filed properly. They contend I didn't bring it there and I knew for sure that I brought it to them and they are not taking responsibility in this huge mistake that cost me over $1000. Miss ****** ***** quoted me and said I would not owe anything on the $4000 relocation money that was given to me when I gave her the form 1099 and they subsequently lost and miss filed my taxes.they refused to take responsibility for this mistake and basically called me a liar when I know I brought up that form 1099 because I wanted to beat the December 31st deadline on the mortgage relief debt act signed by President Obama that expired on December 31st 2012

take responsibility for this mistake that they made and let the IRS know that it was their mistake and not mine. I also want my hundred and fifty dollars that I paid to do these taxes refunded because they didn't do the job I also want another $500 for punitive damages that they have inflicted upon me.

Each customer is responsible for reviewing their taxes to make sure everything is on them. We give copies of the tax return to each customer. We can only put in what is given to us. The customer is responsible for any taxes owed on any income. When he came into the office I told him I would pay the interest and penalty as I do for any customer since there was no way to tell if he brought it in or not, since I don't do all returns. The client received the extra refund therefore he is responsible for paying back the amount he should not have gotten if the 1099 misc had been filed. The idea that I would say there would not be any taxes on $4000 is crazy.

Taxes - Consultants & Representatives, Tax Return Preparation, Accountants, Taxes - Enrolled Agent, Bookkeeping Service