BBB Accredited Business since 04/05/2013

Mike Moore's Plumbing & Septic

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

04/21/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

3/19, 2016,***** *****'s technician worked my water pipe. They fixed one leaking, but created a new leaking. They promised to fix it, but not show up.
On March 19, 2016,***** *****'s technician (***** *****)worked my water supply pipe. He fixed one leaking, but created a new leaking by cutting a copper water pipe but not connecting it correctly. Water leaks out from the cutting. They kept on promising me to come back fixing the leaking, but they never showed up, and not returning my calls and text messages. Their work was unprofessional and messy. I do not trust them anymore. I want them to refund my money ($290) back so that I can hire another plumbing to fix the leaking caused by their poor workmanship. I paid them $280 cash at *****'s request and then he asked me to give him $10 to buy a part from Lowe's for the repair. So, I paid them $290 although the receipt shows $280.

I want the plumbing to refund my money ($290) back so that I can hire another plumbing to fix the leaking caused by their poor workmanship. I do not trust them anymore.

I paid the them $280 cash at their technician's request and then he asked me to give him $10 to buy a part from Lowe's for the repair. So, I paid them total $290, although the receipt shows $280.

We have addressed the problem with the customer and made the customer happy.Everything has been taken care of.

Thank you for your help. I have decided not to pursue this anymore. Please close it.

12/17/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Despite numerous calls to and assurances from Mike Moore's Plumbing that they to would fix a sink hole resulting from insufficient compaction of a new sewer line they installed, and backing up their written service guarantee, Mike Moore's plumbing has not fixed the problem. I first reported the problem on November 2 and it is not November 27. I they now seem content to ignore my repeals for their remedy.
Product_Or_Service: New sewer line installation
Order_Number: NA
Account_Number: $4800

Stand by their guarantee and promises to fix the problem.

This is the 2nd response. As previously stated, we have been in contact with Mr ******* and this problem has been resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.

Mike and his crew has satisfactorily addressed and remedied the issue.

12/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I called Mike Moore's Plumbing & Septic on 10/19/15 at approximately 6PM to look at my toilets that were backed up. My home warranty company gave me their info. ***** was sent. He was unprofessional. Knelt down in the dirty water on the bathroom floor and then knelt down on our carpet. He glanced at a couple of things and said that he thought it was the septic. When I called our home warranty company they asked him to snake the line but instead he told them it was a septic issue and charged us $187.50 as a service fee for glancing around at our toilets. The warranty company said that they would not cover the fee since he told them it was a septic issue. So I had another septic company come out and they quickly determined that it was the mainline which is a plumbing issue and was covered by warranty. If ***** had snaked the line as asked he would have seen the same, and all of it would have been covered. But since he did not do his job in full we are out $187.50 for nothing since he did not do anything while at my house. I am not sure if it was because I am a woman and he could tell that I did not have any experience with this, or if he just simply lazy and wanted to go home since it was past normal hours. Either way, he did not do his job in full as asked and it cost us $187.50. When my husband called the company to request a refund the owner would not call us back, and the plumber ***** that came out said he did not think we deserved a refund even though he did not do his job as requested. This is not the behavior I would expect from a company that has "BBB Rating: A+" on their receipts.
Product_Or_Service: Plumbing Service
Order_Number: ****
Account_Number: ****

I want a full refund since they did not do anything for their "service fee" and ultimately cost us more money than we would have paid if they had just done their job in full.

Contact Name and Title: ******* ***** (owner)
Contact Email: ************************
After talking in great detail with my plumber and the customer, we have been able to resolve this issue to the satisfaction of both parties.

02/02/2016Problems with Product / Service
05/18/2015Problems with Product / Service

Septic Tanks & Systems Contractors & Dealers, Shower Pan Replacement, Septic Tanks & Systems Cleaning, Pumps - Service & Repair, Water Heater - Tankless, Water Heaters - Dealers, Plumbing Fixtures, Parts, Supplies - Retail, Water Leak Detection, Water Wells - Inspection, Water Wells - Pumps Sales & Service, Water Heaters - Repairing, Sewer Inspection, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbing - Renovation & Repair, Plumbing - Contractor, Plumbers - Commercial, Plumbers, Home Improvements, Sump Pump Contractors, Drainage Contractors