BBB Accredited Business since 02/06/2009

Loud Security Systems, Inc.

13 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

11/18/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I had been corresponding w/ ******** ******* of LOUD Security. I wanted to cancel our contract. I asked what the cost would be to cancel said contract. She advised that the end of our contract would be at the end of October 2014 and it would be $69.90 to cancel our contract as well as we'd be required to provide in writing our cancellation request. Our checking account was debited on 08/21/14 as well as I emailed Ms. ******* the cancellation form on 08/21/14. We then proceeded in October to have AT&T as our security monitoring provider. On November 5th, I received a phone call from LOUD Security monitoring of a trouble call. I advised that we no longer have service w/ them, so I'm not understanding why they are calling me. She apologized and said she was mistaken. I then recd a voicemail and email from Ms.******* advising that we're obligated to our contract to 2015. I advised that is not accurate b/c of the previous correspondence we had. She then advised of some sort of a billing error. We literally got in a shouting match b/c she advised that since I wrote "end of term" on our contract. She seems to forget that I had asked her to look up our information b/c I did not have my contract in front of me. She gave us the wrong information, yet we're being held liable. LOUD Security is one of the worst monitoring companies and they absolutely do not believe in customer service. This goes back to day one when they were supposed to be billing us monthly and billed us quarterly! I've now been advised by Ms. ******* that in order for us to cancel our contract, yet again, we're now required to pay LOUD $244.65. I'm amazed how she kept claiming a billing error, when it was her error in giving us the incorrect figure. I have all correspondence saved w/ Ms. *******.

If LOUD would do the right thing, they'd let us just cancel the contract outright which is what I was advised by Ms. *******. She can state all she likes that we're obligated by contractual agreement until 2015. She's the one who advised otherwise as a representative of LOUD Security. So, we're expected to now pay AT&T for monitoring services and also pay LOUD Security, yet they are no longer monitoring us. They've offered our payment as future credit. WHEN PIGS FLY would we ever use LOUD!

Contact Name and Title: **** ******, General Mgr.
Contact Email: *********************
LOUD Security received the above-referenced customer complaint and appreciates the opportunity to respond.

At the time of the initial request to cancel services, the customer was given an inaccurate date verbally by one of our associates. During the conversation, our associate verbally quoted the billing to the end of quarter instead of the end of term. Once the error was discovered, the date was changed and a proper invoice was issued.
After an additional conversation with the customer our associate contacted management for further input. After reviewing all of the facts, LOUD Security decided to remove the additional balance from the customer's invoice. This decision appears to match the customer's requests as there is no additional balance due.

LOUD Security sincerely regrets any inconvenience the above issues may have caused. Please know that we genuinely care about our customers and their feedback. We work diligently to resolve all issues.

Please feel free to contact any member of management directly at ************ if you have any additional questions or concerns in this matter.

06/23/2015Billing / Collection Issues
10/24/2013Billing / Collection Issues
05/25/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

From getting service with this company, the sales person was very dishonest and used forceful techniques for us to take service. Difficulty cancelling
The sales person *** ****** came out to give us a consultation about the services they are able to provide to us. I told her I needed some time to think about it and we will get back to her. She advised us that if we can sign the paperwork to avoid her having her come back to our side of town in the event we decided to take the service. I called her to let her know that we have decided and we did want the services. She then told us that we already signed the contract and there was no way to get out of it. This was 34 and a half months ago and it all started with with dishonestly on her part. I said fine I should of had her make the drive back here instead of sparing her the drive back to our side of town. It is now three years after and we are trying to cancel service. We called to cancel and they told us we can cancel in sixty days but they will have to send paperwork for us to fill out. Just called again and they are telling us that the contract renews for another year. I do not want another year of service with this company and just want out. Their practices are very dishonest and I just want their services to stop. Approximately June 1st is when my 3 year contract will be up and I do not want another year with them. I do not want my contract to be automatically renewed. They are also trying to get me to pay tons of money to upgrade my system stating that it is not going to be compatible anymore. I do not have any more money to give to that company for services even more to upgrade my equipment. I am trying to cancel prior to my three years and they are trying to pressure us even more to stay with their company. They should have sent out a notice about our contract renewing but again their practices are very dishonest. I cannot be giving my hard earned money to a company that is this dishonest with it's customers. Please help.

I would like my services cancelled with the company and they not hold us with another year commitment since prior to my 3 years being up I am trying to cancel and we have to wait until they send us paperwork to cancel this present contract that ends in around 5 weeks.

There must be a misunderstanding. Because the customer's agreement is in roll over, our customer rep, spoke with me after her discussion with the customer on April 28th. Ms. ***** completed the initial term, so I approved a 60 day payout from the date we receive written notice. We did receive written cancellation request a couple days after this complaint was file. I believe LOUD has already met the customer's desired resolution.

04/24/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I telephone contacted the business (loud security) several times regarding a payment in full for an old account. Customer rep ******** alleges she sent information and payment to court and account was cleared. Since that time, she said that******** court was responsible for report information to major credit bureaus. Court contact person ***** **** (************* refuted this information and so did reps from major credit bureaus. They all report that Loud Security reported all account information. Incorrect and misleading information is still on credits reports causing damage and harm to me. This company has not been honest and forthright in dealing with me. I would like this complaint investigated and documented.
Product_Or_Service: security system

Company to remove misleading information from all major credit reports as soon as possible.

I empathize with Ms.******** in her struggle to improve her credit. LOUD has sincerely tried to assist her in resolving this matter.********* and I spoke to Ms.******** on different occasions. When the Judgment was rendered in this matter, we requested a FiFa be issued and recorded with the Carroll County Superior Court Clerk. Once a FiFa is recorded it becomes a matter of public record. This is how the credit bureau(s) became aware of the lien. When Ms.******** satisfied the lien, we signed the release of the FiFa and returned it to the Court with appropriate fees to record the Cancellation of the lien.
By going online to the Real Estate records we know that the cancellation of the lien is recorded and can be found in Lien book 168, page 766. In her effort to assist Ms.********,********* sent her a copy of the official website page showing the information as well as our cancelled check showing we paid for the release of lien. We suggested that she request a certified copy of the recorded release from Carroll County Real Estate/Recording Office and submit it to her credit bureau.
Carol **** would not be the correct contact for this matter. Ms. **** is with the Magistrate Court. To obtain accurate information Ms.******** can call ************ but ask for Real Estate/Records offices as they handle documents, liens, plats, UCCs...
LOUD cancelled the lien with Carroll County showing the debt has been satisfied. As the Controller at LOUD Security I assure you we do not report directly to any credit bureaus. LOUD does not have control over when the credit bureaus collect and record information provided by the court.

02/03/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

After 5 years of service with Loud, we decided to change security companies. Upon requesting cancellation of our service with Loud (in June 2013), we were informed that we were in a contract and would have to pay a cancellation fee. We were not interested in paying a company for services we were not receiving, so we asked how we could end our contract without being penalized. We were told that we could change to a year to year contract and we would be eligible to end our service without penalty at the end of June the following year. Our intentions were clear at the time that we intended to end our service at the end of this contract year, but this was not documented.We emailed a cancellation request form more than 60 days prior to our desired cancellation day, but did not receive a response from the company. In July 2014, we called to inquire on why our cancellation request was not being processed. Loud claimed to not have received the request and had no record of our intention to cancel from the previous year. Yet again, Loud explained that we could pay a fee to cancel service. We explained our communications from the prior year and were told we would hear from the owner. He never contacted us and each time we would call back, the story was different. We were quoted multiple different cancellation amounts and explained that we refused to pay, since their policy was a sixty day cancellation notice which we did provide. Our service was cancelled and a month later, we received a bill for a $200 early cancellation fee. After contacting the office, again, to explain that we were not supposed to be charged a cancellation fee, we were told the account would be reviewed. We then received another bill which was slightly reduced,but was in error as we had already explained that we had made our final payment, and they had already terminated their services.We have continued to receive bills as if nothing had happened, and have now received a letter from a collection agency.
Product_Or_Service: home alarm monitoring
Order_Number: N/A
Account_Number: N/A

We simply want to terminate all correspondence with them, and have them stop sending us bills and to rescind the collection agency's correspondence with us, and any other distribution list that we may have now been put on because of this "delinquent" payment since it is not justified.

Mr. **********,
Your account was given to our collection partner for the balance of your agreement. I personally spoke to you on July 14, 2014 and we went over your grievances due to a lack of communication. It was obvious by our notes that sometimes our representatives spoke to you and other times to your wife. We also discussed an earlier cancellation notice that was in your file. We had offered you a lower rate and you accepted the new rate rather than cancel. I was sympathetic to you and responded with the following email on July 14, 2014 at 3:59PM.
Dear Mr. **********,
I have review your account, the activation of the existing system in 2009 then, a cell communicator installation and rate reduction in 2013. It is not unusual for a customer to request the automatic renewal term be changed to a month to month rather than the standard year to year. I can find no indication in our emails, paper files or phone conversations that a month to month renewal was requested. All correspondence regarding the cell communicator installation and rate reduction lead LOUD to believe you were satisfied with our services and new rate. That being said, I take your grievance with LOUD very seriously. I appreciate your business and the completed initial term and I am prepared offer either of the following two choices:
Send in a new cancellation, as soon as possible, asking to cancel your monitoring services at the end of term. You will continue enjoying the same low rate to the end of term, June 20, 2015. The cancellation can be as easy as replying to this email requesting cancellation at the end of your term.
Discounted early termination fee in the amount of $114.75. This discounted amount is good for 30 days.

If you have any question don't hesitate to contact me. All of my contact information is listed below. Please let me know which option you prefer. I look forward to resolving this matter soon.

Then on July 16, 2014 you called our office and asked to speak with Mr. **** directly. Mr. **** was traveling and unable to return your call in a timely manner. You were requesting LOUD's installer codes and the release of your cell communicator. I responded with the email below July 16, 2014, 5:02PM :
Mr. **** has not been in the office today. In an effort expedite this matter, I am going to authorize a 60 day payout from the date written notice was received.
I verified with operations that your cell communicator has been released. I am assured it has been, your new provider will be able to take the device over. We will not release our installer codes, as it can compromise the security of our other subscribers, your new provider is aware of this practice. They should know how to default and program your panel. /end

Our accounts receivable posted the balance due with our collection partner based on my first email to you instead of my second email. I agree that we made an error as to the amount due, we've corrected the error in our accounting systems and with our collection partner. However, there is an outstanding balance on your account $37.95 which 179 days past due. This is the balance of the negotiated 60 days.

10/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I canceled service and magically they can't find it. I signed a 1-year contract 5 years ago, and they are trying to say it automatically renews.
Very difficult to deal with. I say a 5-year old 1-year agreement is not enforceable today, but they just starting threatening me with placing me for collection. Ultimately, I had to pay them $75 to get rid of them and settle the account. They are a decent company as long as you never cancel and don't need any customer service. In the end, I just feel raped.

How about my $75 back. Still, even if I get it this company is a bully. Furthermore, their business practices are unethical.

I agree that we have no record of a cancellation being received by Mr. ********. Please understand that we are unable to cancel an account over the phone, doing so would be an unsafe practice for any security company. Our first conversation indicating the customer's desire to cancel was on August 27, 2014, at that time we told Mr. ******** that we hadn't received a written cancellation. After a lengthy discussion the customer refused to cancel their account in writing via email, fax or USPS. Then on September 8th we were contacted by the customer's insurance agent requesting a certificate of security for a rate reduction which LOUD Security sent via email as instructed.
I spoke on to Mr. ******** on September 25th after the Accounts Receivable Department had sent him a ten day disconnect letter for non-payment. The customer's last payment in July of 2013 paid for service until June 30, 2014. The ten day disconnect date was set for October 3, 2014. I listened with earnest to Mr. ********'s complaint, from difficult canceling to the quote for new keypads. Because he is a valued customer, I did not treat him as a collection account, except as a means to cancel due to our written disconnect notice. Instead, Mr. ******** was only required to honor the 60 days from cancellation, which totaled $30 rather than $105 payout to the end of term. The additional $45 is for July, August and September monitoring services, we also removed all late fees on the account.
We believe the discount given is generous and fair.

Regardless, of what you indicate in your email I made contact to cancel. I was then told by your staff I was under contract and would be placed for collection. The contract agreement was for a 1-year period only and executed 5 years ago. Yet I was told the first time I could not cancel due to the contract being enforceable. Then when the second party got involved - you did let me cancel, but required a 60-day notice and charged me the back fees, along with another 60 days.

Overall, all is well with this company until you elect to terminate service. Then one must prepare for some horrific answers and a very angry staff. The second party I spoke with at this company was more professional than the general staff, but the general staff - out of control.

In the end, as is apparent the company will not offer me a shorter termination, nor a refund from when I originally canceled, but they can't find. So we have what we have. I guess I will just give up and move along, but that doesn't mean its right or ethical behavior from a company.

06/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I called to complain about charges immediately after first bill. After 2 months and many calls without someone who could handle the issue I get a call back stating I am in a contract. With each call I was told something different, they would come and take system back etc... or somebody would call me back or leave message with manager he will call. After 2 months **** calls to say cannot do anything. I asked why I was told something completely different. He said couldn't do anything because an employee of mine signed the contract. I did not sign nor permit to sign nor permit to go into a contract. I was told I could use an alternative method to support the alarm for two months until I got ******* cable and a land line, then I could call and have them pick it up and do the normal installation. Now they say it is a year contract. Horrible customer service, follow up and very disconnected from field employees. Would not recommend using for security and if so, do not expect any customer service. I am scared to see what happens if I get broken into or robbed.
Product_Or_Service: Alarm Security
Account_Number: XXX-XXXX

come pick up cell equipment has promised in one of the first calls I made to them.

Contact Name and Title: **** ******* General Mgr.
Contact Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Contact Email: ****@loudsecurity.com
First, we would like to address the complaint that Mrs. ******** reports about her billing. She states that it took 2 months, however upon her first call; she was told that the reason for the higher billing was because of a change made by her representative at the time of installation. She simply disagreed with the pricing. This change was made necessary by the fact that the customer did not have an active telephone line available for their security system at the time of the installation as they had originally agreed to do.
During the time of her dispute, Mrs. ****** called in on more than one occasion and was give the same above answer. She was referred to the operations department and the complaint eventually came to the desk of the General Manager, **** (Not **** as mentioned in her letter). When **** called, she stated that she had never spoken to anyone about her issue and that she had just been leaving messages.
When the need for that change to the system was discovered, the LOUD Security technician, ****, notified the representative at *** wireless, ***** ********. ***** asked our representative if we had another option and he was told that he could either purchase a cellular communicator for $200 which would add an additional $10 per month, or he could lease one for $49 activation and $14.95/month. ***** asked the term of the lease, and he was told 1 year minimum term. He did ask for a reduction to 3 months, however we do not have that term available so he decided on the 1 year lease so that he could get telephone lines later. ***** signed and received a copy of that agreement. When we offered to send another copy to Mrs. ******** she declined.
Mrs. ******* also mentions in her letter that she did not authorize her employee, ****** to make that change, however ***** was the representative left on site as our contact. Upon further review, ***** was also the employee that initially contacted us about service. After ***** contacted our office, he was also the person who signed the original monitoring agreement with LOUD Security and authorized services to begin. At no time beforehand, was LOUD Security told that we could not work on ******** authorization.

The calls timeline and response is completely false. Why would I call several times to state same thing if they told me no. I would of simply filed a complaint immediately. One secretary even stated during one of my calls she is sorry but simply the messenger and would have management call me. First off, ***** ******** is an employee of *** wireless and it is not in the employees authorization to ever sign anything so regardless of the assumptions that is not correct. I was personally told we could cancel at anytime once a phone line was put in place and was never told anything regarding an install fee for it. I was even told by one of the people I spoke with when calling in that she would get someone to come out and pick up the cell and that was two months ago. It is still there for them to pick up in the back. This company is ridiculous and very unorganized. Nobody seems to know what is going on and more than willing to risk long term customers in an attempt to chase something that I assume a sub-contractor said which was different than the company they do work for supports. Guess they have mastered the Bait and Switch upsell here.

Thank you for your response.
We continue to understand the customer's disappointment and hope to satisfy the concerns as quickly as possible.
In response to the most recent comment, we would like to reiterate that ***** ******** not only signed the original paperwork, but that he is also the employee that signed off on the additional products and services. Since ******* was on site the day of the install and she allowed our technician to perform the work that ***** signed off on for the original install, it would imply that she agreed to the terms that her employee signed for.
From the customer's own comments, it would appear that she was on site at the time that the additional parts were discussed. These parts were discussed only because the customer's phone lines were not properly operational. Since there was no other way to activate the security system, we offered the option of a cell lease.
While we do agree that the customer requested a short term lease, she was informed that we do not offer one. Discussions of the addition were had by our full-time employee (not a sub-contractor as stated), and the General Manager over the phone. When it was disclosed to the customer that we only offer a 1 year term, the customer still chose to sign the agreement and have the additional part installed.
As a concession, LOUD Security is willing to make one final offer. If the customer is willing to pay for all monitoring and the cell lease charges up until the day it is removed, along with an additional $35 trip charge (discounted from our normal $95) will remove the cell communicator early and will be happy to remove all future cell communicator charges.
While we do understand that it is not exactly what the customer is asking for at this time, it is a deal that we feel meets the customer half way. If the customer would like to accept this offer, she can contact either **** or ***** at the number below.
Once again, **** Security sincerely regrets any inconvenience the above issues may have caused.
Please feel free to contact any member of management directly at XXX-XXX-XXXX if you have any additional questions or concerns in this matter.

Security Control Equipment & System Monitors