BBB Accredited Business since 06/17/2011

Ackerman Security Systems (Headquarters)

195 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 63 closed in last 12 months

08/12/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Ackerman security monitoring,**** ******* in sales came to my house and said if you sign a contract for 3 years, your bill will only be 19.95 a month for the duration of the contract. I signed, 2 + weeks later a service person came to my home (April 4th, 2016) to connect. Technician left stating everything was in order. I found out by accident June 11, 2016 my alarm system was not being monitored. My friends left and set off the alarm, no one called. I called to report it on June 12, 2016-no answer. Called back June 13th, 2016 and was told a service person would have to come out to fix it. I called back on the June 14th, 2016 they scheduled a service person to come out June 17th, 2016. The service person came out, told me I would be billed 89.99 for the service call. Why? The technician stated, my panel and phone were not compatible, that is why it wasn?t being monitored. If I upgraded by adding a radio it would only cost me another 10.00 a month extra. I said no, I just want the 19.95 your company promised when I signed up. He said if you don?t get the radio upgrade there is nothing we can do for you. The technician left stating ?I can?t fix it. I will be back Tuesday, June 21, 2016 between 4:00pm and 5:30pm? and the added $10.00 a month for the monitoring of the radio is the only way you can get the phone and panel to communicate (I have had my same phone since November/2014). I tried to set the alarm once he left only to find he disengaged the whole system so I could not set it. I felt very unsafe at this point, slept with a weapon in bed with me that weekend, June 21st, 2016 I called Ackerman at 6:30 asking is the technician on his way? He came in furious that I called and told them what he had done to my system. He told me no alarm company would touch me for 19.95! He hooked my system back and said you will not be monitored until you upgrade, he handed me his radio and told me to sign my name. I asked to show me what I was signing, he snatched the monitor out of my hand and told me, ?Fine I don?t need your signature?, storming out of my house. I called June 22, 2016, and was told I would have to pay $690.00 to get out of my 3 year contract, saying you signed it. I stated why should I pay? I have been paying monthly without service, since I signed the contract. I requested an email showing the date the monitoring stopped, they told me they didn?t have that information. I still wouldn?t know it was not being monitored if I hadn?t found out by accident. I shouldn?t be charged anything since they didn?t abide by the contract from the start. The next day, June 23, 2016, I received a call but I was in a meeting and I asked if we could discuss this the following day, he said sure that would be fine. He called back June 29th and stated, give our company another chance, we will send our sales person over (Roy *******) and see what deal he can come up with so not to increase the price for you. They scheduled him to come to the house on 07-05-2016.
Roy ******* come to the house and told me he could give me $5 off the cost of monitoring if I upgraded to the radio. I explained to him the technician tried for three hours and the radio didn?t work because he couldn?t get it to install. I reminded him, he said if I signed up for 19.95 my price wouldn?t change. I told him again I could not pay extra for their service. He said, change your phone from an AT&T U-verse to a basic line; and then give me a call. I called AT&T 07-09-2016, they told me if you change the current phone system to a basic phone plan, it would cost 45.00 a month versus the 20.00 you pay now. I called**** *******, 07-09-2016 and told him what AT&T said. I cannot pay that amount monthly, and shouldn?t have to since I signed up for 19.95 monthly. I want out of the contract. He hung up on me.
On 07/11/2016, I spoke with Brittany West in the retention department, she told me they would take some off my bill for the inconvenience, but I would still have to pay 500.00 to end this contract. Unless I upgraded they could not monitor me! Ackerman is not standing behind their agreement to monitor my home, so why am I held responsible for the bill?
I now do not feel secure in their service-Ackerman hasn?t shown me they actually will stand by their service agreement. Only 19.95 a month-is a scam. I just want them to tear up my contract. Penny Thompson
Product_Or_Service: home security monitoring

Tear up the contract at no cost to me and do not contact me again.

Ackerman submit response to case# ********. We have called Ms. ******** twice to attempt to resolve this matter. Ms. ******** will need to reach out to the managers who have left their direct dial at her convenience to discuss her concerns.

Two difdwrent people contacted me on two separate days. First one was ******* and she left a message. I was in a meeting.I CalleD back the following day and she hasn't called me since them. Second caller called and I asked idlf he would call me back between 3:30 to 4:00pm since I was working. He said no problem. No one has called me since thdn. I am willing to talk to someone in authority as long as it's after 3:30. I also work.

We spoke with Ms. ******** today. We have agreed to cancel monitoring effective today with no contractual balance, and no monies due back to Ms. ********.

BBB-Thanks to you this issue has been resolved. The contract is cancelled. Thank you,
***** ********

07/07/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I received a bill on 06.29.16 via email stating that I owed a balance on my account. My account has been on auto pay for almost a year and I have not changed accounts so I do not understand why I received an invoice for the first time yesterday. I called Ackerman today and was told that they do not have my payment information on file and have not billed me for 3 months. I asked them what happened the told me that they did not know but I had to pay collection fees because I owed money on this account.
Account_Number: AQ175537

I should not owe any collection fees on an account I did not bring into default. I will bring the account current but not with collection fees. Also I want to know what happened that my auto pay information was discontinued.

Ackerman submit response to case# 27482559. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will waive the late fees that have been accessed to your account.

I have had conversations with Ackerman Security on 07.04.16 and we were able to settle the complaint. Thank you.

06/16/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I cancelled my monitoring service and now they want me to pay a cancellation balance.
I signed a 1 year monitoring contract with Ackerman Security in December of 2010. At the time I was told by the salesrep that this was a 1 year contract and I could cancel anytime after the year was over. In February 2016, after I cancelled my phone service, Ackerman Security could not monitor by alarm system anymore. They never informed me that my system was not monitoring anymore. I had no idea until May 2016 when I had an alarm go off and had to call them because no one called from the monitoring center. After dispatching a technician to my house, they wanted me to update my system and also pay more per month. At that time, I decided to not make any changes. I called them to cancel my service in June 2016 and was told that somehow I was still under contract. That's when I was informed that they keep renewing my contract every year without my knowledge at a price that they decide. They increased my monitoring price to $19.71 per month starting December 2015 even though their "contract" said $18.95. This ws done without my permission and was automatically charged on my credit card. After I told them verbally, that I wanted to cancel my contract, they told me to send in a notice in the mail, which I did. Now I received an email saying I owe $39.42 to cancel my "contract". All of this because their sales rep lied about their "contracts".

I want $4.56 refunded back on my credit for 6 months of unauthorized increased charges ($19.71 instead of $18.95). I also do not want to pay for anymore monitoring or extra cancellation charges.

Ackerman submit response to Case#*********.Per the agreement, the term automatically renew each year unless the customer notifies us 60 days prior to their renewal date. Mr. ****'s account renewed for another year Dec. 2015. Instead of billing the contractual balance through Dec 2016, we billed for the late 60 day notice. Due to being a long term valued customer we will waive the remaining balance of $39.42 and no refund will be issued.

I accept their waiving of the remaining balance of $39.42. Please tell them to send me a notice with my final balance as $0 for my records. Thank you.

03/29/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am very dissatisfied with the new ackerman security system and it's only been 6-days. From the initial installation (Wednesday) there were problems with installation including being told that they could install the system with my existing wiring, the camera was defective, they were not up to date enough to accept a 5G wireless system. Technician came back to install camera on a saturday which only worked for aprox. an hour after the technician left. Called for tech support they could not help me and didnt even recognize that I had a camera in their system. So, now I have to take another day off. I ordered signs. Initially I was told the signs would be delivered by my salesperson, then I was told they would be mailed and someone mentioned they should have been given the day of installation. Still NO SIGNS. Almost impossible to get anyone on the phone and the wait time is extremely long. Some phone reps. not very proffessional. I tried to get out of the contract was told it would cost me $1191.05 because I was more than three days past the day of signing the contract. It was only six days. I do have hbp. I hope this has not caused my pressure to go up. I feel as though I have been scammed. This has been a horrible experience for me and my family.
Product_Or_Service: home security

I would like to get out of my contract because of the bad service I received from day one that is of no fault of my own, it's all ackerman's fault. I plan to voice my opinion of this company on every social media avenue to get the word out about the horrible service I received.

Ackerman submit response to Case# ********. We do apologize for the experience thus far. We have sent a technician out to the location on 3/10/16 to resolve the matter of the camera and had the yard signs delivered on 3/8. In good faith we will apply a month of credit at the basic monitoring rate to the account.

I do not accept the response because the camera still is not working. Yes, the technician came and like before after about an hour the camera stopped working. He's been there twice. I want it removed from my house and I want my $65 back that I was told I had to pay onsite even though I initially included the camera in my set up.

I want my $199 back for that equipment and I want out of this scam. I want to be released so I can get some real security. The hold time to speak with a rep. is unexcepetable and forget tech support. I was on hold for over 30mins waiting for them. I had to hang up. I truly do not want anything to do with Ackerman.

I am about to file a consumer complaint and go public with my experience (local news). Iknow this is how Ackerman locks people into contracts by only giving you 3-days to cancel, not after installation but after signing the contract. So you don't have an opportunity to see how the system will work. I am not satisfied with this company. Ackerman is scamming a lot of people this way. We as the customer can do nothing once we sign one of those contracts. You are not providing the proper service and I am really stressed about this whole situation.

Please release me from this contract. I've had problems since the installation. My family's is my top priority and I don't feel secure with Ackerman system. This is a nightmare.

I was told yesterday by someone who called from ackerman that I would be receiving a call from someone regarding the non working equipment however that never happened.

This is just a huge mess. I have never experienced this level of unproffessionalism with a company. A nightmare is the only way I can describe this experience. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

I want this reponse sent directly to the CEO/Owner. So he can know that I think he is a crook for setting people up for three years. The customer can do nothing even if the system isnt working properly but continue to pay these people for this horrible service. A NIGHTMARE!

I AM BEING ROBBED BY ACKERMAN SECURITY.

Ackerman submit response to case# ********. We returned to the location on 3/23/16 and it appears we have resolved the issue. We would like to thank the ********** for giving us the opportunity to resolve this matter.

The camera is working for now. I will reopen this case if I have anymore issues with ackerman. I still feel that their customer service and call wait times need improvement. When I was transferred no one ever picked up. Letting me out of my contract was not addressed but if things don't work out. I will reopen the case and seek legal counsel.

02/15/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I'm not happy with my service with Ackerman Alarm, my service was installed on Monday February 1, 2016 around 1pm. I just got this alarm system and it's horrible, I'm very upset that this alarm system was not check better. Every since I got this alarm switch over to Ackerman, I have been having issues and I'm paying and not even been monitoring. I set off the alarm on Wednesday morning and Ackerman did not call me which means they did not get a signal from my home and all yesterday-Thursday Feb 4 2016, my alarm continue going off for now reason. I'm very upset with the service I have got from Ackerman and I feel this should have been better check on the day of installation to make sure this service was going to work good. I'm not happy with Ackerman and I no longer want this service. This was just installed on Monday February 1, 2016 and I contacted Ackerman on today Friday February 5 and spoke with supervisor Mr. ****** his direct number is ************ who states for me to end this contract it's $329.04 , which I feel this is not fare, for a week of BAD service and I'm not happy and I Been complaining everyday and I already paid $19.99 for this month service and I'm not even been fully monitoring . I just wanted out of this contract and not responsible for $329.04 of bad service, I'm very upset of Ackerman policy and service should have been right the first time.

I want out of this contract and not responsible for $329.04 This is not fair to unhappy customer

Ackerman submit response to Case# ********. In reviewing the account, Ackerman Security did not install a new system at the location. Ms. ****** added a device to her existing system. If Ms. ****** wants her system to function properly she will need to request a service technician to repair these pre-existing issues. However, all service visits are chargeable. Unless we installed the equipment which we warranty for one year. If Ms. ****** should terminate monitoring agreement she will be held responsible for the contractual balance.

I do not expect this response, when I decided to go with Ackerman that may it seem like they could use my pre-existing alarm system NEVER did they say we may not be able to or did they explain if they can't then I may have to replace this items Never was I told this. I have been mislead by this company and taking advantage of and now Ackerman is trying to make me responsible for this contract which I have been having issues since 2nd day of installation. I have contacted the director Bob **** at ************ ,who I have left messages for and has not call me back, wow what kind of customer service is that. I have spoken with the manager*************** at ************ who told me that she would have a technician come out and look at the issue for FREE ,and I know the lines are recorded please play this conversation back the date was February 5 around 1pm , but no one ever came out and when I call Ackerman back they said******** noted the account that it would be a charge for a Technician to come out , She never told me that. I don't understand how a business would treat a customer like this,and I just want out of this contract and not to be responsible for a balance for this horrible service, I have received from Ackerman and this started the 2nd day after installation, I have been speaking with Ackerman. I have got very misleading information from this company. Only in a contract for 1 day and already having issues please forward this to the Ceo of Ackerman I'm a very unhappy with Ackerman and I have not received proper monitoring service as Ackerman promise to give.

This has been resolved, the director Bob at Ackerman did call me back this morning 2-15-16 at 10:20 am and he did come up with a resolution to help me with the alarm service issue I was having. I hope this fix the problem and Bob was nice and willing to help me as a customer, so hopefully I can regain my trust back in Ackerman and they can get everything fix.

08/30/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

ON 7/22 AN ACKERMAN SALES PERSON CAME TO MY HOME AND I PURCHASED THEIR MONTHLY MONITORING. THE COST OF THE INSTALLATION AND 1ST MONTH'S MONITORING WAS 78.95 WHICH I PAID UPFRONT.THE FOLLOWING TUESDAY THE INSTALLER WAS COME, HE WAS A NO CALL, AND NO SHOW. ON 7/27 HE CALLED WANTING TO INSTALL WHICH I DECLINED DUE TO HIS LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM THE DAY BEFORE. I CALLED ACKERMAN AND HAD THE SERVICE CANCELLED. I SPOKE TO THE AGENT WHICH WAS RUDE AND OF NO ASSISTANCE, TO ASK FOR A REFUND. HE STATED THAT I WILL HAVE TO WAIT 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS AND THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE THAT HE COULD DO. IT HAS NOW BEEN ALMOST 30 DAYS AND I HAVE CALLED ACKERMAN FOR MY REFUND ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS AND ALL I GET IS THE FAMOUS RUN AROUND. I AM REQUESTING MY REFUND TO RESOLVE THIS MATTER. I EVEN ANSWERED A CUSTOMER SURVEY FROM ACKERMAN STATING MY DISAPPOINTMENT WITH THE MATTER AND STATING I WANT MY MONEY, THEY DID'NT CARE. SO CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS MATTER AND GET MY REFUND. THANK YOU.
Product_Or_Service: INSTALLATION/MONITORING

I DESIRE MY REFUND OF 78.95.

Ackerman issued a refund in the amount of $78.95 on 8/15/2016 by check. Please allow 7-10 mailing days to receive check.

08/26/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Poor service and no service for a week during the week of May 16, 2016 when my monitor screen went black later that night. I immediately call Ackerman and the representative told me I was put on standby but that means if someone have a cancellation call then they would service me. I also repeatedly told them May 23rd was not a good date because I had to work and a graduation later that day but they sent technical anyway. The representative on the phone only do as instructed and they don't stray from their paper. The representative told me I can cancel just send a letter in and the equipment is mines because I ask what do I do with their equipment. Now after they gave me poor monitoring services and told me I can cancel they had submitted a claim to this debt collection agency Hillcrest Davidson demanding $1,111.59 in payment. I was with Ackerman for less than two (2) months, I paid them March 3rd but the equipment was not install until the end of March then on May 16th the screen went black. I had a serious issue to come up then they offer me after hours service for a fee of $189.00 which I refuse so they said they would Clayton County police surveillance my area. I AM DISPUTING THE PAYMENT BECAUSE I DON'T OWE DUE TO THE FACT THEIR REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME I CAN CANCEL WITH A LETTER AND WHERE TO SEND IT TO AND NOW THEY WANT PAYMENT. IF THIS IS ABOUT EQUIPMENT I WILL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO SENT IT TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want Hillcrest Davidson to release any claims that they are trying to collect and Ackerman Security System aka Honeywell to also remove any claim and they can have their equipment.

Ackerman submit response to Case# ********. Ms. ******** signed a three year agreement on 3/2/2016. Ms. ******** called in to cancel her monitoring on 6/1/16. We offered to send the service technician out to her location at no charge to repair the issue, which Ms. ******** declined. We made Ms. ******** aware of the contractual balance during this call and she sent in the cancellation letter to terminate monitoring to substantiate her decision. Ms. ******** will be held to the contractual balance. If Ms. ******** would like to allow the service technician to come out to the location to repair the keypad at no charge, she can resume monitoring.

Ackerman IS NOT BEING HONESTY AND TRUTHFUL with their response because this lack of services happen on May 16, 2016 through May 23, 2016 when they decided to send out a technician wasting this man time and gas. "I" repeatedly called them the week of May 16th practically every day for non-service. It was not until May the 19th, I was told by their representative about a fee for after-hours services and/or they offer to call the Clayton Police to surveillance the area, which I took the surveillance. They original had me on what they call a stand-by which meant if a technician had a cancellation in services then, they would get to me sooner. In my calling Ackerman it was their representative who told me I can cancel this contract just send in the information to the address "they" provided me!! NEVER AT ANY TIME DID THEY OFFER TO SEND A TECHNICIAN OUT AT "NO CHARGE" to correct my problem or else I would had taken their offer; unless they are referring to May 23rd which I repeatedly told them that was not a good day, I had to work and then a graduation later that day. On May 18th I stayed home "ALL" DAY WAITING for a technician to show which one NEVER came. In Good Faith "I" paid Ackerman for services which I truly wanted; which they fail to render to me but now they expect payment for failure to provide me protection. My granddaughter had a stalker involve in her life and he text her to let her know he knew where "I" stayed that brought my daughter to my house in a panic on May 19th.

I no longer have their equipment install in my house but it can be return to them for BAD SERVICE AND NO SERVICE. They would call me at work repeatedly stating they are checking my system because it was not registering with their system. My company is under new management which are enforcing the "No Cell Phone" policy they ("Ackerman") could had cause me my job, I answer because I did not know if I had a problem or not.

As stated in the complaint I truly don't owe this company any money for services which was not provided doing the week of May 16th through the time I official cancel with them. They only offer a monitor which at the time the technician had install it and he had to change it out then with another one, this happen on from March 27th when it was install. As you can tell by their own admission "I" paid them on March 3rd now you do the math why did it take so long in installing that was due to scheduling on their part.

I don't OWE them, they can have their bad equipment back and I would like the Better Business Bureau to put a stop to companies like this hiding behind a "contract taking" people hard earn money and we(meaning the people) get nothing for it. When a company offers a product they need to immediately "stand" by their equipment much sooner than what I did not receive. I wanted protection which I only received for a short time, I just moved in this neighborhood trying to protect myself and my personal belonging.

08/26/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ackerman is giving me so much hard time in honoring the warranty on my alarm system.
RE ACCT NUMBER******* --****************************************

Last May, 2016, I called Ackerman about an equipment malfunction.Diagnosing the problem from their end, I was advised over the phone to change the battery on my main alarm panel, which I did. Doing so, did not solve the problem, and they sent a technician out. My equipment is old, from 2004 and was installed by ADT. I switched to Ackerman in 2011, and since then, was paying an additional $10 a month for the complete system warranty, that was recommended by their personnel when I made the switched, claiming that I have an old system that can malfunction anytime soon. That "soon" happened 5 years after (last May). When the technician (named Ben) got to my property. To my surprise, he said I broke the unit when I change the battery and is not covered by the warranty, that I have to pay $300 to have it replaced because my unit HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED AND NOT AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET ANYMORE. We argued back and forth and finally, after almost a month of not having a working system, last June 27, they installed a new alarm pad after I agreed to pay half ($150). However, Ackerman won't replace the satellite pad that I have in the master bedroom being non-compatible with the new one that was installed. I then called Corporate Office and verbally complained about it plus the warranty. The supervisor "Britney" that I spoke with finally agreed and issued me a refund of $150, as it is covered by the warranty, and promised to call me back about the satellite pad. Regrettably, I did not hear from her again. I called Britney a few more times and as always, she will say "she's waiting for an approval and will call me back", but she never did, and so last July 15, I documented my dissatisfaction by sending a certified mail to Ackerman's Corporate Office. Three days after, another supervisor named Britney also, called me saying that the technician will come the following day to install the pad. The technician then showed up with 2 key chain remote controls (similar to a car door opener), claiming that's all I need, despite the fact that he knew I have 2 of those, and is not what I need. Again, the tech nician promised to call me back, that never happened, and so I called Corporate Office again, and spoke to another supervisor, *********, who promised to help me out. She scheduled another appointment for the technician to come out, who called me on the SCHEDULED date asking if I want him still to come out, because he does not have the "pad" yet, that his supervisor has to order, and send it to his home, and that he will call me upon receipt. Guess what? No call.. and so last July 27, I called Corporate Office again and spoke to the same supervisor *********, who I heard calling a ******** from DC office. ******** called me back right away setting up another appointment which should have been today, Aug 15, between 7 to 9 am. The technican (Ben) called me at 10:30 saying he doesn't know he has an appointment before then, and said what they approved is to change the new panel that they recently installed with a similar old panel that I have originally, and install a radio that will make the old bedroom pad work. This, I feel, is too much of an aggravation already, that I need to file this complaint.
I can never understand what's going on, first, they said that my old unit is already discontinued -- are they installing another old unit, or they are trying to sell me before, a new unit which is by the way, only $75 (not $300) at Amazon. The Satellite pad according to them, if I want something that will work with the new one, will cost $150, which I already offered to pay for half but they refused.
I tried everything I can to resolve this issue without doing this. I even send a message to Ackerman through BBB Website last Jul 16, but nothing happened. Note that this issue started in May, and it is now mid August.

Ackerman must provide/install the satellite pad at no cost, or I should be refunded of the $10 per month that I paid for the warranty since June, 2011, and I DO NOT wish to continue their monitoring service anymore. By the way, Ackerman has the WORST cancellation policy, entrapping customers, that if they fail to notify their intent to cancel the monitoring service "60 days in writing before its maturity, the contract will auto-renew for another year". This must be the reason why they provide such a bad customer service. For 5 years, I never had an issue with Ackerman, not realizing that it will be unbearable once I have...like this. Ackerman's customer service is next to ZERO, therefore not trustworthy to monitor my property and the lives of the people living in my household, and I intend to discontinue their service asap at no extra cost.

Ackerman submit response to Case# 27490613. The repair service agreement is to cover "normal wear and tear" to the alarm system only. The technician determined that Mr. ****** damaged the equipment when attempting to replace the battery, which is not normal wear and tear. The supervisor was not supposed to credit the cost of the service appointment due to Mr. ****** damaging the system. In good faith we applied the credit to the account for any misunderstandings. We will mail out a copy of the agreement for Mr. ******'s review. We have since contacted Mr. ****** to offer to replace the keypad for a discounted amount of $100, which he declined. Mr. ****** is not due a refund for the repair service agreement. Upon receipt of cancellation letter, monitoring will be terminated.

The battery was replaced upon Ackerman's recommendation, who walked me over the phone as to where the battery can be found and how to replace it. Aside from that, it is a simple and a very straightforward process of removing two wires (red and black), and re-installing on the new battery without the use of any tool. The reason of the call to Ackerman's service dept in the first place, is that because the alarm pad was not functioning properly. It keeps beeping at night thus, waking us up. And like what I mentioned in my complaint, it is a 12 year old unit -- how many years does Ackerman expect this type of equipment to last? But that is only a part of my point...THE THING IS THAT THE UNIT IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY THAT'S WHY I CALLED THEM. Also, what was the basis of this technician saying that the unit was damaged when I changed the battery. How did he arrive to that conclusion??? I have an idea.. the tech was scheduled to come out between 5pm and 9pm initially but did not make it due to "traffic" and work overload as he claimed. He said he will call me if he can accommodate me the following day, which he did not do, and so I called Ackerman again, for re-schedule and complained about the tech. Also, I asked that I be scheduled in the morning and not "last" as the tech claimed his normal route usually ends in our area.
Upon, arrival on the scheduled service day, the tech told me that I broke the unit when I changed the battery, which I argued a lot until he told me not to worry, HE WILL TAKE CARE OF ME, then he left promising to call me back. Two weeks (or less) had gone by and I never heard from him, thus began this ordeal.
Ackerman claiming (or better yet guessing) that I damaged my improperly working old unit when I simply changed the battery is a very lame reason to avoid honoring their warranty. I intend to stand by what I expected from my complaint which is for Ackerman to change my satellite pad and discontinue the monitoring of my household. As for the letter formalizing my ending the contract, I will mail it at once.

Ackerman Security submit response to Case# 27490613. We have since contacted Mr. ****** again to offer to install the keypad at no cost with a new agreement. Mr. ****** declined this offer also. We have offered all within reason with no compromise from Mr. ******. Upon receipt of cancellation letter we will terminate monitoring. Ackerman consider this matter closed.

I refused Ackerman's offer because I had been paying for my equipment's warranty for more than 5 years now, and therefore Ackerman must honor this warranty by replacing my satellite pad for FREE without requiring another 3-year contract , or they should refund the amount I paid for the past more than 5 years. The tech claiming that I broke the unit when doing what they recommended, which is to replace the battery, is without any basis and was purely an act of vengeance from the complaint I made about the technician for not showing up despite his call (3 hours after) explaining about the traffic and not having a "cellphone service" in the area where he was. My experience with Ackerman gave me no reason to want to continue any business relationship with them anymore. I believe I had explained enough my position on this complaint and a quick resolution be achieved at once. Thank you.

08/24/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

1) Ackerman has been billing me for months when I have no equipment in my home. We have to call every month to correct these bills 2) We had the old equipment removed from our house and wanted wireless equipment. The sales associate we met with failed to submit our signed paperwork. We found this out 5 months later and after a week of waiting for another copy of the contract to be sent to us for signatures we had to find another service provider. 3)Ackerman sent a technician instead of an installation team member to install our equipment. The technician was not trained in installation, so could not install the equipment. He refused to leave our house without payment of $90. This is extortion. 4) We were charged a contract cancellation fee when we had to choose another provider after Ackerman repeatedly failed to send us paperwork and install their equipment in our home.
Product_Or_Service: home security equipment rental and service

We have been customers of Ackerman Security and are disappointed and frankly, disgusted with the way we have been treated. At the very least, we expect that our $90 be paid back to us.

Ackerman submit response to Case# ********. We have submitted for refund of $89.95. We are currently waiting to receive cancellation letter from Ms. ********* to terminate the account.

08/24/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Cancelled service april 2015 Ackerman has continued to deduct money from my account for the past year (over 200.00) ad refuses to refund any of it.
I no longer have any documents from the company. Although i cancelled this service and sent their cancellation letter back, they have continued to deduct payments for the past 15 months. They refuse to acknowledge the cancellation request stating they do not have letter on file. They have taken $325.95 from my bank account for nothing because i switched to a different company in May 2015.

I would like a complete refund for the automatic deductions of $21.73 for the past 15 months from my bank account.

Ackerman submit response to Case# ********. If Ms. ****** is able to submit documents showing she submitted cancellation letter via fax or email April 2015, we will refund those months. If not, Ms. ****** will not be a due a refund.

Security Control Equipment & System Monitors, Security Cameras, Security Systems Consultants, Fire & Smoke Alarm Systems, Burglar Alarm Systems - Dealers, Monitoring & Service