Bauder College

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/21/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I received a parent loan from them for my son on 1/10/15.I informed them after receiving it ,I didn't need the loan.I was told to send the check back to the address that was on it.I did just that on 2/8/15 thru special postal service.,because in the letter it stated I had 30 days to return with a letter saying I was returning it.So ,in August get a call about the loan saying I was late.I explain what happened with the check and they told me to call the school.So I called the school(kaplin ) and they tell me there's no check.Meanwhile,I'm calling about this check and getting the run around and the loan is accruring interest.Now it's time for a payment,still no word from no one.And I still owe for a check no one knows where it is and the check hasn't been cashed it's only good for 180 days,that's been up!I need answers on what I'm suppose to do about this

I would like to be contacted and the situation resolve.I don't want this to keep going on for another 6 months.

Ms. **** did not provide name of student, so we were unable to research complaint. I got in touch with her via e-mail and she provided additional information, including fact that this complaint was related to Kaplan University online....not Bauder College. I have referred the complaint to ****** ********** at KU, providing all the relevant information. He and his team are following up.

Nothing more for Bauder College to do

The complaint was for KU,and I have spoken with someone and they told me that they were going to speak with their financial department and get back with me.So I guess I'm waiting on them to get back with me.

05/13/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Bauder was included in my BK CH 7 discharge. The automatic stay law says you cannot use the transcripts to collect a debt from me. I have the papers for this. I was sick at the time with a disease and had to leave college. THis forced me to not be able to work to pay for school. I was forced into BK Ch7. They claim I owe $8,277, however I filed BK Ch7. Whether they received a notice or not, they cannot hold my transcripts to collect a debt. This has been ruled in federal court.I have barley gotten a response via email. No on has called me at all.I need to set up a meeting for this. You guys can't make me pay a debt as I have filed and been discharged from bankruptcy. Please see the Automatic Stay law below. They won't even inquire about my BK discharge. The Automatic Stay in a Bankruptcy case is the law that stops creditors (and other parties) from trying to collect debts from a debtor, trying to get the debtors property or trying to create or en force a lien on the debtors property. It is found in Section 362(a)of the Bankruptcy Code and essentially freezes the action and gives a debtor some breathing room. The Stay is, as the name implies,automatic and effective the instant a Bankruptcy Petition is filed,whether or not creditors have actual notice of the Bankruptcy filing.
Product_Or_Service: College Transcripts

I want my transcripts to be released. They offered a payment plan then they will release transcripts, but I am not interested in paying an 8 thousand dollar balance that was discharged. I need help resolving this, as I can't get anyone to contact me back from the bursars office.********* ********** never returns a call, and boldly stopped answering my emails. I was a great student. To be treated like this because I was sick and filed BK Ch7 which was discharged is sad.

Mr. ******* did send a copy of the bankruptcy notice as requested. We have removed his balance and removed any further debt. The hold on his transcripts was released and he has since then requested an official transcript.

Its handled thanks

06/15/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

School closing not allowed to retake classes
I enrolled at Barnard College in June 2014 for the PM program. Following my enrollment I was informed that the school would be closing and that I would not be allowed to retake classes if I failed any during the 9 month period. I, in turn failed Anatomy, the professor refused to speak to me regarding my grade, the director released me as a student from bauder, upon me beginning my second term and I was told to gain my diploma elsewhere. I attempted speaking with the Dean numerous times, with no luck. However, when students of the same puritan failed the second term, a second class was created so they could retake failed courses.

I want a refund of all monies paid to Bauder College, I was not allowed to retake any courses, I was told that there would be no retails but other students were allowed the opportunity to continue on. The school knew it was planning to close and accepted all funds in an attempt to gain any profits possible, then I am diced to try to recovery from amending over $3,000 to attend school, and I was released with no type of assistance in locating a school that will accept my credits.

Student aware of situation with the school closure and importance of maintaining progression. There was clear communication that courses would not be offered for a cohort of 1. Announcement was made in July, 2014. Early alerts re progress in June term sent by program coordinator with discussion about danger of failure. When the student dropped, all loans/tuition refunded, including any out of pocket cash, understanding that student could not re-enter. A ledger card will confirm this was done in August, 2014 at the end of the one term the student attended. College refunded all tuition immediately.

09/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Unethical and unfair grading practices to deliberately defraud students of money by making them repeat classes by failing them unrightfully.
This school is closing its doors Dec 2015 due to low enrollment. While in school i have experienced unfair and unethical grading practices, I personally believe that were used, to try to fail the students. I believe the teachers are trying to fail students to keep paying their high salaries and what better way to make up for low enrollment than to fail students and make them repay for a class that they have already taken. I am in my last semester of school and have been failed because the teacher put questions on a multiple choice test that were deliberately wrong answers. If they would give me a copy of my test then i can prove that i rightfully passed and was given a failing grade. There are no student advocates at the school who can back me up. I have spoken to everyone and they seem to uphold this particular teacher in all that she does. There have been several complaints about her and this school and no one seems to care. Students backs are up against the wall. The program is 40,000 and some students have too much invested in this to quit and they owe to much money to this school to go anywhere else so they keep quit and don't say anything. I think light should be shed on Bauders' unethical grading practices and there quest to get all the money they can from the students by any means necessary.

Give me my passing grade in the class that I rightfully deserve.

Ms. ***** has followed the grade appeal process of the college for the course that she failed. All of the information was reviewed, procedures of the grade appeal process were followed, and Ms. ***** is aware of the outcome. If Ms. ***** has any more questions, she can reach the Director of Nursing at the College.

Schools - Business & Vocational, Schools - Academic - Colleges & Universities