BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 05/31/2001
Phone: (770) 486-0820Fax: (770) 486-0823
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||2|
|Problems with Product / Service||3|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||5|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|06/07/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
|12/09/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service
Complaint: On 10/19/10 Chastain Roofing was paid $7,050.00 to install new roofing materials after storm damage. Also, the following storm damaged items were included. 1. Replace 20 ft. of 1 by 6 boards. 2. Reattach soffit on front left side. 3. Reattach soffit on back walkway. 4. Repair fascia on back walkway.They never fulfilled their commitment. They only completed the roof work. After many calls and waiting for results, I finally paid another contractor to complete the items listed above.After much rain in early spring of 2013, a leak was observed in one of the front rooms. At that time Chastain was contacted. They were slow in responding. On 7/2/13 they insufficiently patched the roof. It is not flat and looks totally different than the other shingles and it still leaks during a hard rain. I have called and discussed this several times. Each time I was told that I will be contacted in a few days to schedule the repair. During one of those calls, **** informed me that they no longer have an office in my area ************ **** He gave me a date when they would be working our area. At that time, I informed him that I am working and could not be available on that day. He promised to get back in touch with me. Since then, no one from Chastain has called me. I have continued to call but get the same response with no results. Meanwhile, the problem still exists.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
|02/17/2014||Guarantee / Warranty Issues|
|02/10/2014||Guarantee / Warranty Issues|
|09/18/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Metro Atlanta, Athens and NE Georgia. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Chastain Roofing is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.