BBB Accredited Business since 06/29/2012

Catastrophe Roofing, Inc.

10/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Catastrophe Roofing entered into a contract in May to replace roof, paid first insurance amount, was not refunded full amount. Catastrophe declined.
In April 2015 my roof was damaged by hail and replacement was approved by my insurance company. In May 2015 Mr. ****** of Catastrophe Roofing entered into a contract to replace my roof, I paid him the initial insurance amount of $4,499.44. He left 2 large pieces of roof deck at my home and stated that he would start the following week the day of which would depend on the weather. He did not begin work the following week and for various reasons he never began the work at all. The first reason Mr. ****** gave for not beginning work to replace my roof, he stated,was because he did not want to wait months for my insurance company to issue a final check for the completed work. He stated that they had not covered the total replacement of my roof in the coverage. I contacted the insurance company and they said they would cover the complete cost and that Mr. ****** would need to send in photos of the work to document the extra expense, Mr. ****** was also put in touch with my insurance company and was told to send in the photos. Speaking with Mr. ****** after he had been in contact with the insurance company he again assured me that he would be out to begin work next week or the following week as he was working on another project at the time. This went on for some time. After awhile he stopped answering my phone calls. I left a message on his voice machine that he had left me no choice but to take some kind of action if he did not respond to me or begin work on my roof. Finally Mr. ****** decided he did not want to fulfill the contract to replace my roof and mailed me a refund of $4,300.00 on July 28th. I requested a full refund. Mr. ****** did no work on my roof, he left me hanging for over two months while I waited for him to begin. He also left two large pieces of decking on my screened-in porch which are cumbersome and in the way and has caused inconvenience. I asked him to remove them after he sent me the partial refund and stated he was not going to replace my roof which he has not done. Seeing as how Mr. ****** was the one to break the contract and left me at a great disadvantage as I waited for two months for him to begin the work he is in no way entitled to any monies. I have left him plenty of time to refund the final $199.44 hence the complaint to BBB.

I would like a full refund of the remaining $199.44 and the removal of the decking that Mr. ****** left behind. Seeing as Mr. ****** was the one to break the contract and left me at a disadvantage for over two months and has not removed his decking from my property.

We tried our best to service the consumer. Communication was lacking and lead to a drawn out process. Insurance company did not pay full amount to complete scope of work. We billed a supplement to cover the costs not included in their original scope of work. We were able to get the consumer and additional $2,000.00 for her project. We were threatened by the consumer, and felt there was no other choice. The balance is for the administrative costs involved with her project and supplemental work, for her recovery of an additional $2,000.00

Mr.******* has stated that his company tried to do the work, I wanted him to do the work and even told him in the end I would pay him the difference. In the beginning he would communicate and say that he would be coming next week at the soonest but he never began the work. Finally he said he did not want to do the work and refunded all the money minus 199.44 which was for supplemental costs, no work was done, I waited in good faith and then go to the trouble of finding another roofer after he kicked out. Also his materials are still sitting on my porch. Mr.******* simply refused to do the job. With no work at all done.

09/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I hired Mr.****** to put a top, a roof,one door,four windows two upstairs and two downstairs,and siding on a storage house in my backyard.everything was fine except the two bottom windows,the window on the side was used, with the screen all bent,the window in the front was the wrong size but it was nailed up there any and I have no way of opening it.Mr.****** stop answering his phone so I had to get in touch with his suppliers to get in touch with him, he sent the guy who put the windows in, To my house,I ask the guy did he see that it was the wrong size an that it wasn't going to open before he put it in,he said yes he knew but it was the window Mr.****** bought.Then he call Mr. ****** and told him that he needed to get the wright size windows but the siding around the windows would have to be taken back off and replaced,but the weather was to cold so the siding wouldn't be able to bend he said that he would have to wait until it got warmer, then he passed the phone to me,Mr. ****** then spoke with me and promised me that as soon as the weather got warmer he would replace my two bottom windows.Now that the weather has gotten warmer I call and get no answer back,Mr.****** has already been paid for a job, that should have only taken maybe three days at the most,It's now been almost a year.Mr.****** again has started to ignore and refuse to return any of my phone calls.I just want my windows fixed.Or the amount it will cost for labor and windows to be replaced the right way,after all it's hot weather now, who want windows that can't open?
Product_Or_Service: roof,siding,4windows,1door,gutters,downspouts,

I simply just want my windows put in the way that they suppose to be or the amount it will cost.I'm sick and very very tired of Mr.****** I wan't him to settle with me so I can for get that I ever heard of a Catastrophe Roofing.

I would like to acknowledge and thank Ms. ****** in her manner of communicating and expressing her disappointment's and concerns regarding the details of said project. Neither I the owner, nor we as a company are ever satisfied to hear a displeased consumer who has spent their dollars with us. We always strive for balanced resolutions and we are continuously seeking to develop relationships that foster an environment of harmony, trust, and respect. It's safe to say that a company's assets are its customers. As customers seek great companies, companies seek customer's that share their values.
Ms. ****** had initially placed a request to roof a shed that was on her property. We were in the field at the moment we received the request. Her property was in route to our next appointment, I stopped by with one of our framer's to assess her project. When we arrived I noticed a shed that had been framed but not completed in her back yard. As I had the opportunity to get closer and examine the structure I noticed some of the wood had become rot because of its exposure to rain and the elements. After looking it over with the framer and talking it over I began to ask Ms. ****** some questions. I asked her in which fashion would she like the roof framed. I provided two options with two separate costs. If I can recall correctly she chose the option that we installed. I did ask Ms. ******, who had originally started the project? Where he was? Why he didn't complete it? How long the framed shed had been sitting in her backyard exposed to the elements with nothing protecting it? I can not recall all the answers to the above questions, but I can remember one. She mentioned that the shed had been sitting like that for over 18 months, might have even been closer to 24 months.
During the initial phone call Ms. ****** did mention that she needed the project financed with a contractor that had access to a *********** home-improvement finance program, which I confirmed to her that we did. I believe she had not found a contractor that could provide her with those options. Our supplier supports such a program and we had them contact her to go over her options and the terms. I can not recall exactly if she already had an account or was approved for a new one. After terms and financing were settled she requested an estimate for siding. I realized that it made sense since the shed was completely exposed. I also provided her with proposals for gutters, a door, and 4 windows, the shed already had openings for the door and two windows. She requested the additional proposals.
Ms. ****** had been approved for a set amount of financing. I was trying to accommodate all the proposals in the caped amount of financing. The reason I attempted to do this is because Ms. ****** had a limited amount of financing and I realized that the original money she had spent with the previous contractor was going down the drain because the weather was damaging the work he had done. I had even told her it's going to be tight, but I don't mind-as long as I don't start paying for your project. I believe I had mentioned to her more than once that the budget had absolutely no room. I tried to offset it by getting some of the supplies from salvage or over-stock. I believe I purchased a door and 2 windows. When I arrived even my workers said the door wouldn't work, nor was Ms. ****** pleased with it- I tossed it. One of the two windows would work- I tossed the other window. If I can recall correctly the other window is the window Ms. ****** is having understandable issues with. In an attempt to prevent what is happening now, I brought Ms. ****** with me to ********** so we could select the windows and doors together, which we did. I do recall once again mentioning the tight budget. When it came time to choosing the door I asked her which one she wanted. I did this for more than one reason. I did it so she couldn't accuse me of choosing the cheapest door, and I did it to see if she even cared about what I had previously stated about the budget. I'm assuming she didn't because she chose the nicest most expensive option they had for her project, I said nothing. She was there as I went through the options for windows. We agreed on what had been selected and went to check out, I took out my wallet and paid.
For under $5,000.00 we framed out a roof, installed a roof, installed siding, installed a new door, installed gutters, installed four windows- while framing out 2 of them, and*(soffit and fascia). This is where the problem starts, and have not found a way to communicate with Ms. ****** as she has been extremely one-sided. She never requested a proposal for soffit or fascia. She initially didn't request a proposal for gutters either, as she was just expecting us to install them. As I told her that it would be separate, she asked me if the gutters were part of the roof. I told her that they were not and that we were not expected to put gutters on every roof that we installed. She was not accepting of that fact initially but then went ahead with the quoted price.
When the installers went out to install the gutters she stopped them. I was called and was asked what about fascia and soffit. I said it was never quoted and the budget has already been passed. She asked how they would install them, I told her to rafters. She was upset about that so I was forced to install fascia. She then started asking me about the soffit. I told her it was never quoted. She then mentioned she was concerned about animals getting in. That's when the situation went further south. So I asked her what was more important to her, resolving the un-resolved issue with the window or keeping the animals out. I told her the reason for this is that we never quoted you fascia or soffit and have already installed fascia. So I said we were still willing to resolve the pending issues with windows, but we were not willing to focus on both. That is why I asked her for her opinion on which she considered more important, so that she could make the critical decision for her project. The conversation was over the phone and she was extremely unpleasant. As I brought this information to her attention she said the SOFFIT and hung up the phone on me. I went out there with my project manager and we both installed the soffits for her.
It wasn't until down the road that the supplier called me and asked about the window as Ms. ****** had called them and asked about it. I did mention to them that she had chosen to install soffit and fascia rather than address the window. The supplier had also gone out to verify the work installed on Ms. ****** shed. They have control over financed funds, I do not. We were never handed money from Ms. ******. I had been funding all the items from her project out of my pocket. I'm guessing the supplier saw it fit to release the financing which was then just used towards other projects as Ms. ***** funds were holding other projects back. I assume the supplier saw it fit because the only thing they had documented to finance was for the roof and siding. They didn't even have the window request, because it was not part of the original request.
With all that being said, we still sent out another installer to her property earlier this year only to find out Ms. ****** had sent them away. I was surprised because the supplier had been in contact with Ms. ******, and they conveyed to me the problem and the agreed resolution. That is why I called the supplier when she wasn't happy about the resolution. That was what had been conveyed to me the entire time. When I called they had no answers. I would also like resolution for Ms. ******. I've been wondering why she never asked how much the soffit or fascia would cost? Or did cost?

I don't want my case closed it has not been resolved,I would like to do a rebuttal,I have'nt heard from ****** or anyone from his company,I want my windows fixed or my next step is to take him to court.I'm tired this has gone on way too long, He has one week from today 9/9/2013.to answer.and to the court house I go.

Again we installed soffit and fascia which was never part of the agreement. We did this specifically as a resolution-as Ms. ****** stated it was more important to make sure the animals dont get in. Why she continues to disaknowledge these facts. Why would we install fascia and gutters? How can I help when I already followed through with the original solution. I have no problem repeating this in court.

Roofing Contractors, Contractor - Flat Roof, Hail Repair, Windows, Windows & Doors - Installation & Service, Roof Cleaning & Stain Removal, Windows - Installation & Service, Siding Contractors, Roofing Service Consultants, Contractor - Tile Roofing, Contractor - Metal Roofing, Commercial Roofing, Roof Structures, Roof Cooling Systems, Contractor - Roofing Spray Foam Insulation, Contractors - Gutters, Gutter Leaf Guards, Gutters & Downspouts