BBB Accredited Business since 04/26/2013

ARAC Experts, LLC

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/04/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Roof is leaking at the master BR skylight and need it appropriately sealed.Left msg at call center 2 wks ago/no response. Told there isn't a ph # avb.
ARAC installed our roof approx 1.5-2 years ago. The roof is now leaking at the skylight in the master bedroom. The leak has caused damage to the ceiling in the master bedroom. I called the cell # for the ARAC rep and the phone number has been disconnected. I then called the office number 2 weeks ago (Jan. 2nd) and left a message with at the "call center". No one from ARAC called back. I called again on Jan. 12th to leave another message at the "call center" and was told all calls are forwarded the this location and there isn't an actual phone number to reach the company. The second call hasn't been returned. I need my leak fixed and the bathroom ceiling repaired too. I'm unable to contact anyone regarding the issue.

I would like for the skylight to be properly sealed and the bathroom ceiling repaired.

We have returned this homeowners call every time she has called in. Please see attached screen shots showing where we called her and then showing where she returned our call on 1-13-15. We spoke to her and explained that her standard warranty of 2 years has expired. I have attached a copy of the original contract dated 6-13-12 with a completion date of 6-24-12. As you can see it has been over 2 1/2 years. Once we explained this to the homeowner they became very irate and combative. I am assuming this is when they filed a complaint with you. We always try to make sure all of our customers are 100% satisfied so we requested that she send over photo's showing where the sky light is leaking. Typically in this situation it is a problem with the skylight itself and not the actual install. Especially after 2 1/2 years. If it was a problem with the install it would have leaked before now. We are however willing to come out and take a look at it for her and let them know if it is a skylight issue or something with the flashing itself. If it is an issue with the flashing we will make the necessary repairs. We will reach out to the homeowner again and see if they would like to take that route.

My phone calls have not been returned every time I have called. I called the call center on 1/2/15 (no return call). I called again on January 12th and left another message at the call center. After no response, I then filed a complaint w/ the BBB. The complaint was filed before the conversation with *******. I received ONE return call from ******* on the following day (1/13/15), but this was only because I filed a complaint. ******* was very rude during this conversation and asked me "why didn't you call 6 months ago?" He was continuously talking over me. During this conversation, he told me that his boss was out of town until the 19th and he would talk to him about the situation. He also requested that I send him picture of the leak. I sent the pictures and once again, no return phone call. I understand that the warranty period is over, but the skylight wasn't sealed properly during installation. If the work had been done properly, there wouldn't be a leak. I also explained that it appears the leak has been there for a while, but we didn't notice it until recently b/c it is a very high/vaulted ceiling where the leak occurred. With a very high ladder, you can see that it isn't a new leak. It has taken some time for the leak to appear visible on the ceiling. He explained they would come out, but they will charge us. There is no way I would give this company another cent. I was never told (because he didn't return my call) that the skylight would be repaired if the flashing is needing repair. At this point, I wouldn't trust them to be truthful in diagnosing the leak. Of course they will say it's the skylight. I also explained to him that he can call my husband next time b/c he probably wouldn't talk to him the way he spoke to me. Bottom line: 2.5 year old roof is leaking. Only one phone call was returned. Do the right thing and seal around the skylight like you should have done 2.5 years ago. The skylight didn't leak with the old roof so I know it wasn't properly sealed.

This complaint has been resolved. I had an independent roofer look at the roof today. He said the roof was done correctly, but the problem is the skylight. ARAC offered to send their roofer to inspect the leak this week, but that will not be necessary.

01/31/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues
02/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

ARAC was hired to do hail damage repair and failed to complete the work.
ARAC was hired, and paid, to repair hail damage to my roof, siding, gutters, gutter guards, windows and siding.
ARAC was hired in 2012 to repair hail damage to roof, gutters, gutter guards, windows and siding.
Roof was repaired, as were the gutters. 2 years later, still waiting on gutter guards, windows and siding.
Repeatedly called asking for updates, and forced to leave voice mail. Resorted to leaving text messages as well.
Phone calls and texts are ignored, not answered. I called 2 of the owners and complained, and got absolutely NO action from ARAC.
They have my money, have had it since 2012, work is still not complete.

I want the work completed, as they were hired to do.
Barring that, a full refund, with interest.

Contact Name and Title: ***************** ARAC
Contact Email: *********************
Here is an explanation email ARAC has sent to Mrs ***** on your complaint issues.

Mrs *****,

Hello my name is ***** ******* with ARAC. I received a BBB complaint on your project this week. I would like to find time to go over your project with you this week. This is what i know about your project.

You paid us two checks one for $8,886.33 and another for $989.21 total$9,875.54
We completed the
Roof for $7,211.59
Flat roof for $ 408.66
Gutters and downspouts for $ 701.30
Contractor overhead and profit 20% of $1,664.31
Total of project should have been $9,985.86

We also got the approval for you on some misc items in which you received another check for $78.09 Coverage C. You also received an additional check for a prior claim from your insurance company for $907.50 coverage B.

We have tried many times to get the insurance company to approve your siding. We have sent two estimates. Paid $237.45 for an Itel report on the siding and sent that to your insurance company. Sent the information to a public adjuster for review twice. Your insurance provider is standing firm, they are not paying for the full replacement of the siding.

I show we never replaced the following
gutter screen $65.65
gutter screen $41.32
gutter screen $34.70
window screen $42.64
siding $195.00
siding $148.00

Total $527.31

As you can see we have already done more in services performed than you have funds available. $9,985.86 less paid $9,875.54 underfunded by $ 110.30 this is due to your $500.00 deductible. Not to mention the $237.50 we spent on the report on your siding and the time and effort trying to get the apporval.

I would like to speak to you on Monday regarding your project to see if I can help you figure out what can be done on the siding. Please let me know when you would be available to speak with me.

As with all of our clients I want to make sure you fully understand the scope of work ARAC has completed and what the funds amounts were for those completed trades.

Sincerely

***** A *******
Operations Officer
Alliance Restoration and Consulting
************

The repairs are not done, and the response didn't indicate if or when they would be.

Spoke to Mrs ***** yesterday. We have agreed to install the gutter screens on her home. I have also taken the time to provide her with information on getting the approval on her siding from her insurance company. ARAC will continue to assist Mrs ***** in fighting for the approval. At this time the insurance provider will no longer talk to ARAC on the matter and we feel the person paying the premiums complaining personally will be her last option on the siding approval.

Roofing Contractors, Contractor - Flat Roof, Hail Repair, Windows - Installation & Service, Tile - Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Siding Contractors, Roofing Service Consultants, Contractor - Tile Roofing, Contractor - Metal Roofing, Commercial Roofing, Roof Decks, Roof Cooling Systems, Painters - Commercial or Residential, Painting Contractors, Contractor - Roofing Spray Foam Insulation, Contractor - Spray Foam Insulation, Contractor - Insulation, Contractors - Gutters, Gutter Leaf Guards, Gutters & Downspouts, Drywall Contractors, Basement - Finishing