BBB Accredited Business since 02/02/1999

Academy Roofing

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

01/29/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

We were told by Owner that Employee of Academy caused damage during inspection of roof. Owner stated he would send him back out to fix the damage.
Called Academy to have roof inspected as we thought maybe we had a leak. They came out on 10-28-14. Academy pulled up the roofing shingles and said the problem was when roof installed nails were over driven through shingles.Original install by Academy.
Proposal stated Front Porch roof needed to tear out, three roll of shingles cut felt paper remove install ice water barrier then install new 25 yr 3 tab shingles. We called back on the 29th the owner came out and said we did not have a leak and his employee pulled the shingles up and he would send him back out to repair this. They came out on 11-10 and put liquid nails on the shingles he pulled up and gave us a bill for $200.00. the bill states we called and said ceiling was wet and there was a leak. We never said it was wet, we said it looked as if there may be a leak. We have a popcorn ceiling and it turned out to be a cobweb. We do not owe this company $200.00 . Company stated on 1st visit there was a problem, when owner came out the next day he said the only issue was his employee pulled up the shingles and he would send him back out to fix what he did.

We would like the Company to amend invoice # 863 that was given to us to No Charge and e-mail or send us a copy.

This was a billing error and has been zeroed out.

I have e-mailed ***** twice at the company and have asked her to e-mail me saying that I do not owe them any
money. I have yet to get a response back from the company to my e-mail.

******* and****** *******

The bill was corrected and this case has been resolved.

I guess I will have to since they refuse to send to me in the mail or via e-mail that I owe zero on the amended invoice.

05/15/2015Problems with Product / Service