BBB Accredited Business since 05/30/2014

Peach Trader, Inc.

10 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

02/22/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We purchased a Gas Range from Acity and basically got screwed over and are out $6,000. They shipped us a broken product, our delivery guys said we don't get to inspect it, and when we opened it our unit was damaged. We called customer service and they guy said use the range until we can get someone out there to fix it. 2 weeks passed and I finally received a call saying they were going to pick it up. Come to find out because its used they wont pick it up. Acity wants us to pay $150 an hour for some technician to come look at it. They shipped us a damaged product and the guy we worked with by the name of Dustin told us we could use the range until it was repaired. He gave us false information and now we're out $6,000 and this is a huge hit for our small business. We were lied to and mislead the whole time

We would like our range replaced, serviced and fixed correctly, or refund

We inform all our customers, both when they order merchandise from us and again when we provide the tracking information, that it is very important that they inspect the merchandise before signing for it. This customer assisted with unloading from the truck and was fully capable of performing an inspection. If, as he stated, he didn't get to inspect it, he should not have signed that he received it in good condition.

When he later called to state they had found damage to the unit, we most definitely did not tell him to use it. It is important to leave the unit alone for a damage inspection. We did not give him false information. Even though the customer had signed for the merchandise as clear and undamaged, the manufacturer stated they would replace the unit. We sent him a Bill of Lading stating the freight company was coming to pick up the unit and asked that he have it packed and ready.

However, we learned that the customer had installed the unit. He had reasoned that it shouldn't matter whether he used the unit. It did matter. The manufacturer withdrew the replacement offer, but offered to send a technician out at their expense to assess the unit for a repair estimate. There would have been a charge had the customer chosen to have additional work done during that same visit. We believe the customer is still using this unit.

I would like to hear the conversation between the customer service technician ****** and myself to prove that he gave me that information. ****** told me we could use it in the meantime and never communicated that there was a "Bill of Landing" stating the freight company was going to pick up the product. I called ****** numerous times to figure out what was going on. ****** finally returned a call after two weeks stating that there would be a pick up and I REMINDED him that we used the Gas Range like he instructed. He said he would follow up with the company to provided the range and he never did. I had to call again and again to get an answer and at that point ****** told me they would not pick it up. So ****** offered false information to me and never followed through. Then your solution is to give me a repair technician for something that is weeks old at my cost. So the whole situation is being screwed up because of a lack of customer service and knowledge on the behalf of Peach Trader, Inc. We were misinformed and left to rot because a company wont hold up their end of the bargain. Seems like good business. They're are quite a few reviews out there with ****** giving false information to other customers as well. If this matter is not settled through the BBB we will go to a small claims court seeking all damages and court fees from Peach Trader, Inc

We can state with confidence that we never instructed the customer to use the unit. We are aware that using the equipment impacts the claim. When the manufacturer stated they would replace the unit at no charge to the customer, this was with the assumption that they would realize a large salvage value from the unit. When they learned the unit was being used, their salvage value essentially dropped to zero. This forced them to remove their replacement offer.

Yes, we agree that we told the customer the unit was going to be picked up. But then the information we had been provided by the customer about the unit changed.

The customer helped unload the machine from the freight company's truck. He chose to sign that the unit was received in good condition. He then chose to install the unit, even though he had seen there was some damage to the unit. These were his actions and decisions, not ours. The customer assumed his using the unit would make no difference. It did.

The manufacturer is still willing to send a technician at no charge to the customer to assess the unit and provide a repair estimate.

If you would like to have the manufacture come out at no charge we would be willing to work with you on this matter. Your associate ****** told us we would have to pay for someone to come look at the machine and service it

04/30/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Item ordered via ebay, never received it, nor proof of attempted delivery by FedEx. Paid $125.18, recd refund of $71.56 - I did not rec or keep item
I have already been trying to amicably work this out with Peach Traders for the past several weeks. Under the circumstances, what they did is DISHONEST.

On Jan. 14th I ordered and paid for Item# ************: Nemco 8150-RS1-220 1 LB. Capacity 220 Volt 4" Electric Aluminium Butter Spreader. On Jan 20th, I received an email from Seller that their supplier had shipped vis Fed Ex (tracking number ************) the item and that was the last we heard from them. My husband left US on Feb. 19th for few weeks. When my husband returned, he informed me that the item was still not received. I contacted the seller on March 29th who told me that according to Fed Ex delivery was attempted on Jan 22nd, 23rd and 24th and thereafter WE asked them to hold the package. I asked for proof of attempted delivery and a copy of the door slip which instructed them to hold the package and neither was forthcoming from the seller. When I tried to track the package through a link provided by the Seller ("You can track this shipment by clicking this link: ************"), I received an error message. During the process of resolving this matter with Peach Trader, they sent me an email to confirm my address (*****************, "2nd Fl") and I informed them that there could have been some confusion regarding the "2nd Fl" as we consider the street level to be "1st Fl" and the floor above it to be the "2nd Fl", whereas, some may consider the street level to be "ground fl" and the floor above it to be the "1st Fl". Also, I informed them that the address is not a business address. I tried to amicably resolve the matter with the Seller that we did not "RETURN" the item as we NEVER RECEIVED it and furthermore, we actually want the item because it was intended to be donated to a charity that is why even though we live in US, we ordered an item that is 220V. Without providing any proof of attempted delivery or amicably resolving the matter, the Seller unilaterally decided to KEEP $53.62 of my money and issue a refund of only $71.56 for an item I paid $125.18 and NEVER RECEIVED, claiming that they have a policy of charging 25% restocking fee for "RETURNED" items. I did not "RETURN" the item. Why is the Seller keeping $53.62 of my money and the item??? If FedEx messed up, that's the seller's problem, not mine.

Either they refund the balance of my money, $53.62 or resend the item, as explained before, we want the item, IT WAS NEVER RETURNED

On 01/20/15 the customer was provided a valid link to FedEx tracking number ************. The customer did not call or email at any time in the next few weeks during which FedEx left 3 door tags (on Jan. 23, 24 and 25), held the merchandise for pickup, and eventually returned it to the shipper who received it on 02/11/15. The customer did not complain about being unable to track his shipment or question what happened to it.

We heard nothing until over 2 months after the item was shipped. We provided another link to the tracking information which included the 3 door tag numbers. We confirmed that FedEx did indeed attempt to deliver to the customer-supplied address. We also told her that FedEx stated they had received a call from the recipient on Jan. 28 stating they would come to the FedEx facility to pick the merchandise up. Because of that call, FedEx delayed the return for 10 days.

This item was shipped as directed, was undeliverable, and was returned to the manufacturer. The expenses associated with this attempted delivery (manufacturer's restock and shipping both ways) were the responsibility of the customer who placed this order and provided the delivery address.

The customer has been refunded $71.56 of his initial $125.18. The unrefunded $53.62 is for expenses incurred as a result of attempting to fulfill the order that the customer authorized and did not cancel. They were the cost of the actions taken by the customer and are not refundable.

The refund of $71.56 is unacceptable. First, I again reiterate, we DID NOT receive any attempted delivery notices from Fed Ex, so giving instructions to Fed Ex to hold the item is out of the question, nor does Fed Ex's tracking history indicate any such instructions (FedEx Tracking Number ************). It's possible that Fed Ex may have attempted delivery at a wrong address because Seller has categorized us as a business. We are not a storefront or a business. We live in a three story multifamily building. Secondly, why am I being charged an OUTRAGEOUS 43% for no wrongdoing on my part. We patiently waited for the item to be delivered. At no point did the Seller ever reach out to us regarding the failed delivery attempts, even after receiving the item back in stock for several weeks. Despite receiving the item back for more than a month, Seller quietly sat back and kept my $125.18 until we returned from our trip (we were out of the country from mid-Feb til 3rd week in March) and inquired about the item. Based on the foregoing, its evident that the Seller is dishonest and had all intentions of keeping my full money. This is a dishonest Seller with outrageous business policies. Before unilaterally deciding to keep my money, as an experienced Seller, it never once occurred to them, that not everyone is dishonest, that there may actually be a genuine reason behind the failed delivery attempts...that FedEx may have been attempting delivery at the wrong address....it never occurred to them to inform us that they received the item back....it never occurred to them that they are dishonestly keeping a consumer's money....it never occurred to them that $53.62 (43%) is an outrageous amount to unilaterally charge a consumer in the name of processing fee. If this is what their processing fee is, how does this Seller make any profit? Is this their way of making easy money during these tough times? This Seller should be reported to the state for its deceptive and dishonest business practices! Based on how this matter was handled by the Seller, I am sure, I am not their first nor its last dissatisfied customer. All I can say for this Seller is Caveat emptor - Let the buyer beware!

First of all, the customer needs to understand that FedEx did not notify us of the failed delivery attempts. They did not notify us they were returning the merchandise to the manufacturer. And the manufacturer did not notify us the item had been returned to them. It is ridiculous for a customer to wait over two months to think to mention they had not received merchandise that should have arrived within a few days. Let the buyer be aware!

Secondly, we did not charge them 43%. We expected them to pay all the shipping fees we were charged for the item they had ordered. We also expected them to pay the 25% restock fee we were charged by the manufacturer when we investigated the status of the returned item. There was no profit in this for us.

And finally, this customer also filed a dispute through PayPal which managed to thoroughly mangle the resolution. PayPal was aware that the customer had already been refunded $71.56. They were in agreement that the customer was responsible for the shipping charges for the item they had ordered. Yet they gave the customer a full $125.18 refund. This customer certainly didn't called us about getting too much of our money!

PayPal partially corrected their mistake on our part. They do not plan to correct their mistake on the customer's part. The customer has now received $71.56 more than they paid to begin with. We wonder what this customer, who was so loud in making libelous remarks about us, is planning to do with these undeserved and inappropriate gains.

If the Seller does not have a system in place to know when there is a failed delivery, they SHOULD. If the Seller does not have a system in place to know when their supplier or they have received an item back in stock, they SHOULD....There is seriously something wrong with the Seller's system if even after TWO months they don't know that they have received an item back in stock. Sounds hard to believe for a Seller who has been in business for as long as they have.
Furthermore, as far as the shipping fee is concerned, why should a customer be charged shipping for a product that was never received? And as far as I know, return shipping fees are usually incorporated in the so called "restocking fees"...especially if the Seller has the audacity to charge an outrageous 25%! Moreover, who is the Seller to UNILATERALLY decide, to take and keep a consumer's money even when the consumer repeatedly is telling them that they did not receive the merchandise. In all the years, that Seller has been in business, has Fed Ex never attempted to deliver at the wrong address? I repeatedly tried to amicably work this situation out with the Seller, it was the Seller who tried to take advantage of the situation. When the Seller unilaterally takes a consumer's money, its choked up to their policy...where are the Seller's policies and procedures regarding failed delivery and items received back in stock and kept...along with the consumer's money???
Not that it is any of the Seller's conc

12/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On 11/1/14 I ordered a Cadco CDR-2TFB Double Burner Front-To-Back Electric Hotplate 3000 Watts Condition: New - Mfg: Cadco - Model: CDR-2TFB. I did not realize it required a 220v electric line. When I gave it to my son-in-law he said he could not use it. I contacted the company on 11/20/14 to try to exchange or return the item. I was told I would have to pay a 25% restocking fee if I returned it. But if I bought the 110v model they could try for 15%. I asked how the exchange would take place. I was told I would have to return the product new unused in its original box with the return authorization number clearly marked on box (Since I had not even taken it out of the box this was not a problem). I was told A city discount would send a Fed-X tag for the return. I asked how would this be paid. They replied it was part of the restocking fee. On 11/26/14 A city discount sent a email asking me for the tracking number. I reminded them of the conversation that they were to send a call tag. I received the new burner and the call tag on 12/2/14. I shipped the first burner back that day. On 12/4/14 I received a credit of $102.42. This did not properly represent the 15% restocking charge. The original price was $137.50,(shipping charge was an additional $15.46) 15 % of $137.50 = $20.63 making the the refund $116.87. I have contacted them numerous times to no avail. My last email from A city discount states "Any verbal representations of the return terms made by a sales representative is not a confirmation or an agreement of our return terms." Please help, I can provide copies of all emails. Thank you for your time
Product_Or_Service: Cadco CDR-2TFB Double Burner Hot Plate
Order_Number: ******
Account_Number: Invoice: ******

I would like the balance of my credit of $14.45. I would also like other potential buyers to be made aware of A city discount deceptive business practices.

****** from A city discount has contacted me and has told me he has processed a refund. Thank you for your assistance.

09/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We purchased a coffee grinder 1 week ago. The machine does not function as described, and is defective. They refuse to take it back & give a refund.
On Aug 4, I purchased a coffee grinder on their website, listed as "Astra HGS 007 1lb Semi-Automatic Home Coffee Bean Grinder w/ Timer". The name says it is a 1lb grinder, suggesting it can grind 1 lb of coffee beans. And it has a 285 Watts, 1/3 HP motor, ample for the task. But when we received it, we found that after grinding just a few grams, it would get hot and stop functioning. The machine has no vents on it for heat exhaust as would be expected with such a unit. I have since spoken to the manufacturer ASTRA, who says the product is only meant to grind 7 grams of beans at a time. They informed me this grinder has a twin model which is meant for bulk grinding, which could handle 1lb of beans for grinding. But the current machine is meant for only 7 grams and cannot handle 1lb.

But A **** ******** (PeachTrader) has advertised the model we purchased as a 1lb (one pound) grinder, indicating it can grind 1lb. I spoke PeachTrader cust svce rep today, who says the "1lb" figure means it can fit 1lb of beans in the hopper, not that it can grind one pound of beans. But when it lists as a 1lb grinder, then that suggests it can grind a pound. PeachTrader does not state on their site that the grinder can hold one pound of beans in the hopper, but can only grind 7 grams.

The purpose of a grinder is to grind. When the item is listed as a 1lb grinder, then that suggests the capacity of its primary function grinding is one pound. No customer could guess the machine can hold a pound of beans but cannot grind it. If that was the intent, they should have stated that.

The grinder overheats and stops working as soon as it exceeds the 7 grams. This is unacceptable, and I have requested to return the item for full refund but they refuse.

PeachTrader should take the product back, for a full refund of the purchase price. And they should pay for the shipping costs in both directions.

SubTotal: $253.50
Shipping & Accessorial Fees: $34.32
Order Total: $287.82

We paid $287.82 including the unit price, plus shipping. They should refund this in full, and pay to ship the unit back to them.

We have reached a mutually agreeable resolution with this customer.

PeachTrader has taken the product back, and given a full refund of the purchase price. And they have paid for the shipping costs in both directions. This is the resolution we have requested, and we are satisfied. Many thanks to the BBB for providing a medium for the resolution of this matter.

04/15/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Item: 133147 Countertop 36" Lava Rock Gas Charbroiler Model TMLC36, Mfg. Toastmaster was purchased (Pre-Paid) from PeachTrader, Inc., *****************, ******************.Delivery was by Yellow Roadway Phone************, Bill of Extra shipment was paid to have delivery on a truck with a lift gate and a floor lift as we don't have a fork lift.Package looked OK on delivery with box and banding intact on a wooden skid. And was therefore signed for. Upon opening we found that a forklift tong had pushed thru the bottom of the box destroying the bottom plate and two burners as well as allowing item such as legs, instruction book, regurlater etc. to fall out of the box.
Product_Or_Service: 36" Charbroiler Mfg. Toastmaster
Order_Number: Invoice 259185
Account_Number: 6946293215

Best offer has been from Peach Trader (AcityDiscount-Customer Service ************ ext ****************** to sell us burner parts at a discount of $20 leaving us to pay $97.51. Many other parts are missing and without the book we are not sure what parts.The unit was to be used in our feed the veterans program. We feel that this is no way for a company to do business. Nor any way to treat veterans.Commander**************

This new unit was wrapped well, shipped by freight on a pallet, and signed for in good condition. It was unloaded from the truck using a liftgate. (We are not sure what the customer meant by a "floor lift.") It was then the customer's responsibility to move the 230-pound item into his facility. Per our Terms and Conditions, which the customer agreed to, our freight deliveries are curbside only.

The day after receiving the unit, our customer reported that he discovered damage to the unit. At this point, it was the customer's responsibility to file a damage claim since he had signed for it clear. We immediately provided him information on filing the claim. We offered to file on his behalf which he requested that we do. To state the obvious, the purpose of a damage claim is to cover the costs/expenses associated with the damage to the delivered merchandise.

While waiting on the freight claim, we contacted the manufacturer regarding costs for two replacement burners. We created an invoice, provided a discount on the part, covered the shipping costs ourselves, and told him the balance was $97.51. We thought that he might want to go ahead and purchase these parts while waiting on his damage claim.

When we realized that solution was not satisfactory, we instead offered him a credit to cover the cost of the burners and the shipping. We would handle the damage claim. On 03/19/15, he agreed to this resolution.

We were also informed that other items (legs, regulator, manual) were missing due to the broken package. We talked with the manufacturer who generously agreed to send these replacement parts at no charge.

The customer received the package with the legs and regulator on 03/26/15 (signed for by ********") and the package with the burners on 03/27/15 (signed for by "****"). We have attempted to contact the customer multiple times -- by the phone contact we had on file, by the additional phone number provided on the case, and by email. He will no longer communicate with us. We assume all issues have been resolved.

We regret that this veterans group felt it was necessary to report that our business treated them poorly. They never expressed that to us while we were assisting them in resolving this situation.

02/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I place an order on 12/06/13 and by 01/09/14 was not send yet.I cancel the order but they want to charge me 25% because they said it was send that day
In 12/6/13 I place an order with ACityDiscount and by 01/09/14 a month later I received a call by a woman representative that informed me that my order was not yet send because they need it a signature from me. I told that I wanted to hold and cancel the order due to the length of time they took to send the order. A day later of my wish to cancel the order I received an email telling me that my order was shipped. 1/10/14 a new service rep contacted me to try to convince me to take the order because I was going to have to pay for the delivery charge if they were to cancel the order. He also say that he will be able to waive the 25% restocking fee and shipping charges. He went back and for with me taking note as he tells me. After the conversation I had with the 3th different Rep. on the 10th today 01/13/14 I get an email saying that they were going to charge me 25% to return the table tops and I dont agree that I have to pay for the mistakes or lack of communication in this company. They send the product after I cancel the order, they are trying to defraud me with fees. Even with todays (1/13/14) email they want to charge the shipping fee and the restocking fee when the last rep. I talked to told me that they were not going to charge me for the restocking fee and they were going to see if they can not charge me for the "supposed" delivery fee, because they were admitting it was their mistake.

Order information: XXXXXX Table tops 30 x 48 (8 of them) by Common Carrier (This ones I cancel a few weeks prior to me cancelling the whole order)
-XXXXXX table tops 36x36 (15 of them)
-XXXXXX table tops 24x24 (3 of them) all by Common Carrier
Total price $3550.95
Account number- XXXXXX

I am seeking full refund of my money due to their lack of order fulfillment in a timely manner. And because I cancel the order before they shipped it, this is according to their own representative.

We do agree that there was a delay in shipping the table tops originally ordered by the customer. We were discussing with him the quantity available on the larger tops and quality of the others. On 12/18/13 he made a decision to cancel all the larger tops. We were also negotiating an acceptable discount for the other tops due to the quality of their finish. We informed him the discount would be 20% and that the tops would be shipped "as is" and would not be returnable. He agreed to this arrangement verbally on 01/02/14. This information was passed on to the supplier who packaged the tops for shipment. The freight company picked them up on 01/07/14.

The tracking number was entered into our system on 01/08/14 and an automated email was sent to the customer with that information. On 01/10/14 he emailed to cancel the order. Obviously, at that point it was too late to cancel. We mentioned that, if he refused the shipment, there would be shipping fees and a 25% restock fee. We tried to convince him to accept the tables that were on their way to him, but he would not consider it.

The customer was provided a 100% refund on the tables that were cancelled due to availability and a 20% discount/refund on the shipped tables that had a sub-standard finish. This refund totaled $1,421.47. We were able to get our supplier to waive the restock for the tables that were refused and returned. Unfortunately, the shipping costs were rather high. The refund for the returned tables was $607.00.

The customer did not cancel his order until after his order was shipped. He was only charged the shipping fees on the refused order; there was no restock. No additional refund is due.

08/25/2015Problems with Product / Service
07/24/2015Problems with Product / Service
01/26/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues

Restaurant Equipment & Supplies, Refrigeration Equipment - Commercial - Sales & Service, Bar Supplies, Table Suppliers, Stools, Refrigerators & Freezers - Dealers, Kitchen Accessories, Caterer Equipment & Supplies, Bar - Fixtures