The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Metro Atlanta, Athens and NE Georgia. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Cricket Campers Mfg Co is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on July 1, 2013.
BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.
Industry Tips for Recreational Vehicles - Dealers
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
As part of the program services provided by BBB, we review advertising in all forms to ensure trust and truthfulness in the marketplace. We contacted this firm in August 2014 regarding the following advertised claims appearing on their website
1. We are Atlanta's oldest camper top dealer with over 40 years experience in building, staffing and maintaining camper tops.
2. We are Georgia's premier truck cap and accessory supplier.
3. We are Atlanta's oldest camper top dealer with over 40 years experience in building, installing and maintaining camper tops.
4. The best way to dress your truck in the Atlanta area is to add a set of step bars.
5. Protect the bed of your truck with the oldest bed liner company in Atlanta.
6. Established in 1967, you will find our experience in the industry to be unsurpassed.
7. We carry only the top quality brands to better provide our customers with the best performance possible.
8. We offer the highest quality fiberglass and aluminum truck caps and covers manufactured by Century, Ranch Fiberglass and Kargo Master Van Interiors.
We asked for written documentation to support each advertised claim.
As to date we have no record of receiving a response from this firm.
BBB reviews advertising in all types of mediums and when deemed appropriate, will send the advertised claim(s) in question to a company seeking voluntary assistance with the company providing substantiation for their advertised claims or removing or modifying the advertised claim(s) in question.
The ad review inquiry is based on BBB's Code of Advertising Standards which may be found at - http://atlanta.bbb.org/bbb-accreditation-advertising-code/