BBB Accredited Business since 05/31/2013

Central Georgia Realty, LLC

12 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 8 closed in last 12 months

02/18/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

****** ****** of Central Georgia Realty was very the person that I was told I would be working with to rent my property. It never happened.
I was hoping for a great experience with the company. Instead today I listened to a staff member by the name of***** tell me I have to work with ****** ****** who has show no interest in renting my property. I was treated today and told that they will ruin my credit due to an outstanding $700 plus dollars. My property was never listed nor did ****** ****** express that she wanted to actually sincerely work with me. I am truly disappointed that companies like this actually exist. This company should not be in Business. I am the wife of a veteran and I have never experience such bad customer service in my life. I am will to pay the $250 fee for cancellation but I did not receive $700+ of service from this company. I would like immediate attention to this situation.

I would like the bill reduced to $250.00.

MY COMPLAINT WAS RESOLVED TODAY THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER

10/29/2014Problems with Product / Service
05/20/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Took application fee despite knowing that we had Pets. Then denied us for having pets. That could have been told to us before we applied
We were in contact **** ********* on multiple occasions via phone and text. He was aware of the fact we had pets and how many. Both houses we applied for advertised as pet friendly. We were told that was not a problem. After looking at the houses we were told to apply. The application fee was $50 per person. We applied. And then after a week we finally received an email saying that we were denied due to the pets.

If that was the case we could have been told to us before he took our money. Like other reality companies have told us during our search for housing. It seems as though the purpose to to get people to apply so they can take as many application fees as possible.

I am In awe how they conduct business.

Refund of application fee

The tenant applicant is not being honest. He was denied for multiple reasons. First, he didn't just have pets, he had 4 pets. While we do accept pets (with some restrictions, such as no pitbulls), we do not allow that many animals in the home. But more importantly, the applicant had a long and sordid criminal history, including DUI, criminal mischief, revoked driver's license, driving with a revoked driver's license, and the list goes on. In addition, he had several collections accounts on his credit report, which had reduced his credit score into the 400s. Finally, the tenant applicant lied on his application. He answered "No" to the question "Do you or any of the members of your household have pending criminal charges, or ever been convicted of, plead guilty or no contest to, any criminal offense(s) or had any criminal offense(s) other than traffic infractions that were disposed of other than by acquittal or a finding of "not guilty"?" No reputable management company would rent to someone with this record. We will not be refunding the applicant's application fee.

05/11/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have resided at my place of residence for a year and a half. My boyfriend and I signed a contract with Central Georgia Realty for a property at *************************************************. First of all, we were told by our agent and also the property was advertised as not having gas. So on our move in date, we were promised heat, hot water, all the necessities and for the house to be in move in condition. It was not the case. There was dust, broken doors, broken and MISSING cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom, a 2 inch gap where the glass sliding door would not shut all the way, a broken fire place that let smoke into the whole house when we tried it out. This is not the property we signed up for. Their customer service is very rude and unprofessional, it is impossible to get responses or anyone on the phone. Fortunately, on May 1st, the property changed hands to a new leasing company. *** *** Realty in Lilburn Georgia. We paid the new leasing company our May rent already and it has been almost 2 weeks, and the new leasing company has still not received our security deposit of $1,600. ****, the manager wrote an email stating the check was sent out May 2nd. Today is May 11th and *** *** Realty STILL has not received our security deposit. Our new leasing agent, *****, is not able to get in touch with them. This has been a very unprofessional, unsatisfactory experience. At the very least, I would like a tracking number for the check for our security deposit they claimed in writing was sent out May 2nd that is ?missing?.
Product_Or_Service: Lease

We need a tracking number and our $1,600 security deposit received by the new leasing company *** *** Realty in Lilburn as soon as possible. I believe they lied that they sent the check May 2nd because it would have gotten there by now. I'm extremely disappointed and concerned. $1,600 has gone missing. Where is the check? They won't provide the money or the tracking or confirmation.

Contact Name and Title: **** *. *********
Contact Phone:***********
Contact Email: ******************************
The check was mailed on May 2nd. I'm sorry, but we don't have a tracking number. We have already told the tenant that if the check doesn't arrive at the new brokerage within two weeks, we will cancel that check and issue a new one. It is also not true that the new brokerage has not been able to get in touch with us. I communicated with *****, the new property manager, just yesterday about this issue. The tenant also has no reason to be concerned, because security deposits held by real estate brokerages are held in trust accounts registered with the Georgia Real Estate Commission. Their money is safe. They just need a little patience, as the mail is sometimes slower than normal. We sometimes see 2-3 weeks to get mail from south Atlanta to North Atlanta, even though the normal time is 3 days. I'm sure the check will arrive soon, but if not, we will absolutely issue a new check.

The mail never takes WEEKS when sending. When I sent in my rent checks from Stone Mountain to their office it would take 3-4 days at max. The mail is not held up. I spoke with my new leasing agent this morning and he has no proof, no confirmation, and no tracking therefor we do not know if the money was even sent. It should have been sent May 1st, that it when the property changed hands. This is not a matter of patience. This is a matter of being unprofessional and not following policy and regulation. The new leasing company should not be chasing the security deposit money. If it was actually sent out like they stated it was on May 2nd per ****'s email, it would have arrived in Lilburn by now. Furthermore, as I stated, the company has been rude and unprofessional. Both I and ***** are unhappy with their response time and lack of providing us with PROOF the money was sent when they claim it was sent.

04/20/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Due to the non-compliance of services and repairs that need to be done in the home I am renting that are endangering the health and well being of me and my small minor children I just want to get out of my lease without paying the ridiculous let out fee. I have been a tenant for three years faithfully pay rent on time every month and all i wanted was the repairs done which included taking up my kitchen floor and replacing it because of mold because the water heater busted and it was massive damages and nothing was replaced and the insurance company the landlord claimed was coming never showed up that was in november and it is now april. Now because of these problems that have not been taken of and i am being held in a lease unless i pay over $3000 to break it me and my children on a daily basis are breathing in mold which the landlord was sent a report on the mold count and no action has been taken. My oldest is having upper respiratory problems and nose bleeds and i have massive headaches that sometimes makes me non functional for a long period of time i find it hard to breath at times and so does my youngest child. My kitchen floor is buckled and damaged my water bill has been sky high because of a running toilet that just only got fixed last week we've been without hot water for ten days and had to boil water every day so thats more being added to my water bills and gas bill to keep boiling water. I had to purchase a new refrigerator because of the faulty one they already had here that was leaking. The list goes on and on and its unfair because no matter what they get their rent every month but they care about the well being of my family and to top off everything i received a foreclosure letter in the mail for this house I am renting.
Product_Or_Service: rental property
Account_Number: lease contract

i just want out of my lease without paying the let out price because i need to find a better,safe healthy situation for my family and i cant do that paying over $3000 to break my lease and then turn around and pay to move i cant afford that I'm a single mom with two young children who are suffering and being with all the issues plus foreclosure i shouldnt have to pay anything else and just be let out of my lease with no problem.

The first time the tenant complained about there needing to be any repairs regarding the floor was recently, not last November. As soon as we received the letter about the issues, we scheduled the insurance company to contact the tenant so that they could come out to get a contractor started on the work. We also replaced a water heater for the tenant last week. So claims that repairs are not being done are simply not true. To make matters worse, the tenant has not paid rent, and we are scheduled to file eviction tomorrow. We will certainly not approve an early termination of the lease without penalty. There is not reasonable basis for doing so.

As with the proof submitted. It was put in the repair service request that the house got flooded with water because of the busted water pipe. In which I have all copies of all of my repair request from June 2013 to the present. How can you honestly think that there wouldn't be damages to wooden flooring from water? And items that were on my floor. So that argument is very invaild. I was told by the CEO **** ********* over the phone that an insurance inspector was coming out to view the damages in November 2015. I still have not received a phone call to set up a viewing date/time. And as far as the rent goes, it wasn't paid until yesterday April 18th due to the issues of me and my children being out of hot water for a total of ten days. The water heater was indeed replaced Thursday April 14,2016. The contracter he sent out even stated that the floor and water heater should have been replaced because the water heater was old and floor was damaged. I have pictures of the mold damage from the broken water heater that caused us not to have hot water. I also have a mold report by an inspector done in which I had to get through an attorney which was done in January after getting tired of waiting because of health issues occuring with me and my children i.e. nose bleeds, breathing issues, headaches and lost of sleep. My attorney sent over documentation about the mold in February. Central Georgia Realty never contacted me to take any measurements to resolve this issue about the mold but has harrassed me only three days later about the rent not being paid on April 1st but I've gotten several phone calls, emails, and letters in the mail about being late on rent but not in any of does memos was the mold or the health of my family addressed. This shows you just how much Central Georgia Realty is all about the money and not there loyal tenants that faithfully pay on time in spite of all the repair issues. I have all payment history and repair request documentation to submit if necessary to prove this. In this one month which is April, I decide not to pay rent on time because of the non repairs I get harassed and threaten like a common criminal. This is unprofessional, unethical and unfair because me and my children don't deserve to be treated like this. In the phone conversation all he cared about was the rent. This is an epitome of slum lord. And the worse part of it all is that I went on their company Facebook and there are so many more complaints with tenants of serious issues or worse. Many of which who don't know their rights or don't have the resources to obtain an attorney. As for me I'm learning my rights and taking the necessary measures to end this horror story caused by Central Georgia Realty. My lease is up in a month May 31st. It is so preposterous how Central Georgia Realty is so money hungry that they would rather me and my minor children suffer just to get another seven hundred and fifty dollars for rent rather than just letting me out of my lease. Along with all that has happened I just received a foreclourse letter from PNC bank on this house I'm renting stating that I have 60 to 90 days to vacate the premises because it is no longer the owners house. More than likely I probably won't get my security deposit back because they are all about the money and plus the house is getting foreclosed....so I guess thats no sweat off their backs. Its not their family breathing in MOLD & MILDEW and Taking COLD showers and/or having to boil water to BATHE !!!!! Feels like we are animals or savages to Central Georgia Realty!!! Really Nice to know that I am paying people's bill by paying my rent on time but get treated like we are occupants in a homeless shelter. Worse conditions I've ever had to endure.

03/07/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL BUSINESS ,I WILL NEVER REFER THEM TO ANYONE
THE LEASING AGENT I WAS DEALING WITH WAS VERY RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL AND GIVES THE RUN AROUND. HER NAME IS ****** ****** SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH NO PICTURE ON THEIR WEBSITE THAT FIGURES. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THEY TRY TO GET U FOR YOUR $50 APP FEE AND THEN MAKE UP SOMETHING OUTRAGEOUS TO WHY THEY CANT GET YOU APPROVED JUST TO GET YOUR MONEY. WHEN I CALLED THE CEO HE TRIED TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE IT WAS MY FAULT THAT MY CREDIT REPORT WASN'T UP TO "HIS" STANDARDS. HE TOOK UP FOR THE AGENT AND DID NOT ONCE APOLOGIZE OR REFUND ME MY MONEY BACK.MY LAWYER WILL BE IN CONTACT

REFUND

Contact Name and Title: **** ** *********
Contact Phone:***********
Contact Email: ******************************
The prospective tenant submitted an application for a rental property, and the application was promptly screened. The applicant was informed that several negative items were found, including a delinquent student loan account, among other items. The application clearly says that the application fee is non-refundable if an applicant is denied. Our web site also prominently lists the criteria for approval, and one thing it mentions is a credit report that shows the tenant can make payments on time. Collections accounts on a credit report clearly show that the tenant cannot make payments on time, and therefore the application was denied and the property rented to someone else.

The request for a refund is denied. The money was already used to process the background check.

I did meet the qualifications because everything was discharged on my bankruptcy. I really do not care what the "CEO" has to say about this because he is just as wrong as the agent,I just want my money back. I was never told there were several things on my report that would disqualify me from getting approved the leasing agent she only told me about my student loans which nobody has ever been denied for owing student loans. maybe the real estate agent needs to go back to class! I just want my REFUND!

12/17/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Unreasonably Charged for Damages to Property
Following the move out from a property managed by this company I was charged for repairs that were not yet made to the home. The charges were based on estimates provided by the property management company and not a qualified general contractor. Estimated damages included holes in the wall caused by 12 1/2 gauge finishing nails and conditions that existed at move in. Similar "holes" reported as damage were estimated at different costs. When asked to provide some guidance for how the cost for repairing holes was estimated, the company simply responded that the cost would depend on the extent of the damage and would be charged on a case by case basis. Pictures and video taken of the residence upon move out show very minor damage to the property that should have been covered by the early termination fees and the security deposit withheld as part of the lease agreement.

The company should remove the additional charges or provide a detailed receipt that provides evidence that completed repairs exceed the total damages incurred by the landlord that were covered with the withheld security deposit and early termination fees. Additionally, If the total amount of damages incurred by the owner are less than the amount paid to cover damages I would expect a check returned to me for the difference.

This person is not and has never been our client. Our client is the landlord. Our job is to represent the landlord and enforce the lease. If the tenant has a landlord/tenant dispute regarding his security deposit, there are appropriate venues to address that dispute, but the BBB is not one of them.

Furthermore, the landlord has the tenant's deposit, so we would not be able to grant his request to return it even if we wanted to do so.

Property Management, Lot Rental, Real Estate Services, Real Estate - Rentals by Individuals, Rental Vacancy Listing Service, Real Estate Rental Service, Real Estate Consultants, Real Estate - Short Sale, Real Estate Agents, Real Estate