BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 05/18/2012
Valu-Rite Plumbing, Inc.
Phone: (770) 924-8258Fax: (678) 244-3003
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||2|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|02/05/2014||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue
Complaint: 9ED VALU-RITE ON DECEMBER 23RD, 2013 TO FIX A LEAK IN MY CLOSET. CARPET WAS WET(NOT SOAKING)I HAD HEARD SQUIRRELS OR RATS IN THE WALLS 1 WEEK PRIOR. SO, THOUGHT THAT IT COULD HAVE BEEN THAT THEY CHEWED HOLES IN MY WATER PIPES. I TOLD ***** THIS WHEN HE ARRIVED. HE SAID IT COULD BE A VENT ISSUE? HE WENT OUTSIDE AND CHECKED THE WATER METER. HE SAID IT WAS MY MAIN WATERLINE. HE NEVER SHUT OFF MY MAIN WATERLINE, EVER! HE SAID THE METER WAS SPINNING! HE TOLD ME THIS WAS GOING TO BE A BIG MESS. HE WROTE UP A CONTRACT, IT WAS TO REPLACE MAINLINE FROM METER TO HOT-WATER HEATER WITH 1" PIPES. AND TO BUST UP CONCRETE IN MY GARAGE AND REDO CONCRETE. THE TOTAL WAS $8,936. HE SAID HE NEEDED $4,500 FROM ME TODAY. PAID ON CC. HE TOLD ME TO WAIT TO CALL INSURANCE WITH HIM. HE COULD GET 100% PAID BY INSURANCE! HE SHOWED UP NEXT MORNING AT 10:00 WITH 2 GUYS. THEY DUG A SMALL TRENCH AND CUT OUT DRYWALL NEXT TO WATER HEATER. HE SAID ALL MY PIPING WAS UNDER MY SLAB. BIGGER MESS! HE STILL HAD NOT ADDRESSED THE LEAK IN MY CLOSET? HE SAID HE PUT FOAM IN MY WATERLINE AND I WOULD HAVE WATER FOR CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS DAY. THEY LEFT AND HE SAID HE WOULD BE BACK DEC.26TH. HE CALLED AND SAID COULDN'T COME. THEY SHOWED THE 27TH AT 10:00. HE CUT OUT DRYWALL IN CLOSET AND FOUND RAT INFESTATION AND SMALL WATER PIPE WITH 2 HOLES IN IT FROM RATS, LEAKING WATER. THIS IS 4 DAYS AFTER I calleD ABOUT THE LEAK! HE SAID YOUR FOUNDATION IS LEAKING UNDER MY BATHTUB NEXT TO PIPE WHERE RAT CHEWED. THEY PUT 3/4" H20 LINE IN. DRILLED HOLE THROUGH FRONT OF MY GARAGE AND RAN LINE ALONG INSIDE OF MY GARAGE TO WATER HEATER. WATER LINE EXPOSED. NOT UNDERGROUND IN GARAGE! NEVER BUSTED UP CONCRETE. HE THEN ASKED ME FOR ANOTHER $6,200 CASH, HE SAID I NEEDED NEW PLUMBING IN MY ENTIRE HOUSE. I DID NOT PAY THE MONEY, MADE HIM LEAVE MY PROPERTY! I NEVER NEEDED NEW WATER LINE! THE ONLY LEAK WAS FROM RATS. HAD 2 OTHER ESTIMATES. ONLY $450 FIX!
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
|02/20/2014||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service
Complaint: Valu-Rite installed a new water line from my meter to my house. My daughter tried turning on the sink after they left to find we did not have any water. The company had not turned on the main water line entering my home. Immediately after the repair, we found that hot water was coming through the cold water system. Each time we turned on the cold water faucet in the morning extremely hot water came out instead. The company has sent someone out once to repair, but the repair tech wanted to see the hot water for himself. He did not show for our second scheduled appointment. I have called numerous times since to schedule them to come and repair the issue. The person who answers the phone always tells me he will have the owner call.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
Plumbers, Shower Pan Replacement, Water & Sewer Line Protection, Water Well Drilling Equipment & Supplies, Sewer Pipe, Water Supply Systems, Water Heater - Tankless, Water Heaters - Dealers, Water Leak Detection, Grease Traps, Bathroom Remodeling, Water Works Contractors, Water Wells - Inspection, Water Wells - Pumps Sales & Service, Water Well Drilling & Service, Water Main Contractors, Water Heaters - Repairing, Sewer Inspection, Sewer Contractors, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbing - Renovation & Repair, Plumbing - Contractor, Plumbers - Commercial, Pipe Line Contractors, Sump Pump Contractors, Drainage Contractors
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Metro Atlanta, Athens and NE Georgia. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Valu-Rite Plumbing, Inc. is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.