BBB Accredited Business since 05/11/2007

Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

05/06/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My experience with roto rooter and a warning to others! On June 29, 2014 my drain was stopped up and I called roto rooter. They spent 6 hours trying to fix the problem before deciding it was a broken line in my front yard, about 1 foot from the house. I was told they would return first thing the next morning to begin the repairs, which should take 4 hours at a price of $3323.44. When no one had shown up by 10 am the next morning, I began calling roto rooter and was told they were on their way. At 11:30 a truck from roto rooter, pulling a trailer with a track hoe, pulled into my drive. A plumber showed up shortly thereafter, but for the next 3 hours they stood in the front yard. Since it had been raining I was concerned about the track hoe damaging my front yard and I thought it was a little overkill to use the track hoe to dig a 3 foot deep hole, about 4 feet long. I was assured they would not damage my yard and they would begin work after someone came to mark the utility lines in the yard. At 2:30 the yard was finally marked and work began. The track hoe driver appeared to just be learning to use the machinery and within a few minutes, my yard had deep tracks across it and the plumber was yelling for the driver to get off and let him dig the hole. Within minutes of the plumber digging, water began shooting into the air, after he pulled the water line from our house. Now we had both a sewer line problem and a broken water line. After trips to Home Depot to get the parts to repair the broken water line, which included tearing out sheetrock inside our home to get to the broken lines also, repairs began. It was midnight before we had running water and the sewer line fixed, but they had to return the next day to fill in the hole. For our troubles roto rooter took $500 off the bill.Fast forward to April 4, 2015 at 11:30 PM and I find the water line repair by roto rooter spewing water into the air. I called roto rooter immediately after turning off the water and told them I was upset they did not properly fix the water line THEY broke and I needed someone at my home first thing the next morning to repair the line. I was assured someone would call to schedule the repair at 8 AM. After making 3 phone calls to roto rooter shortly after not hearing from them at 8 AM, I called another plumber. They arrived within an hour and began the repairs. Shortly thereafter I finally heard from **** ******, a manager from roto rooter. **** felt my problems were due to an act of God or nature and not poor workmanship of roto rooter. When I explained that neither God nor nature had a problem with my water lines until roto rooter broke them, he said he would get back with me on their decision to pay for the repairs. I have since emailed **** asking for an update, but keeping with the exceptional service of roto rooter, I have not heard back yet. So, if you want to be over charged, have to deal with completely al a carte menus for service they provide, receive extremely poor customer service, all while getting service from people that act like they don't know what they are doing, then roto rooter is the service you should call.
Product_Or_Service: repair of broken sewer line

I had to pay $925.00 out of my pocket to have repairs made due to the poor workmanship of roto rooter and their lack of responding to my request they make the repairs themselves. In addition to the money I had to pay for the repairs, I also paid out of pocket and use my time to repair drywall that had to be removed in order to correct their repairs.I expect roto rooter to repay the $925.00.

Customer was issued a credit for $925.00 / Issue was resolved

02/26/2016Billing / Collection Issues
01/19/2016Problems with Product / Service
09/15/2015Advertising / Sales Issues
07/14/2015Problems with Product / Service

Plumbers, Shower Pan Replacement, Water & Sewer Line Protection, Sewer Pipe, Pumps - Service & Repair, Water Heater - Tankless, Water Heaters - Dealers, Garbage Disposals - Household, Leak Detection, Water Leak Detection, Grease Pumping, Garbage Disposal Equipment - Industrial & Commercial, Water Heaters - Repairing, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbing - Renovation & Repair, Plumbing - Contractor, Plumbers - Commercial, Pipe Line Contractors, Sump Pump Contractors, Drainage Contractors