BBB Accredited Business since 03/22/2013

Plumbing Express

01/22/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I hired Plumbing Express fix a leak.They then charged $5000 to a credit card that I never authorized them to use.They are refusing to return my money.
November 11, 2015 - I contacted Plumbing Express and met with Mr Blake **** to discuss water coming out of the coat closet on the ground floor of my home.

November 16-17th - Repipe work done on my downstairs.

November 18th - The problem leak in the closet is still leaking. Met with Mr. **** who advised I still had a leak and it must be in the main line from the street into the house. Opened a "12 month same as cash" credit card with Wells Fargo through Mr **** to pay the $2000 deductible I would have with my Insurance company. Mr **** wrote in $5000 on the application even though I only opened the account to pay the $2000 deductible. He said it was the credit line amount and I could use it to pay other bills with no interest.

November 19th - Repipe of the mainline.

November 23rd - Water did not dry up in the closet over the weekend so I spoke to Ty in the Plumbing Express office. He asked me to wait til Wed the 25th and let him know if there was still water in the closet.

November 25th - Contacted Ty and let him know the water is still entering the closet. Ty sent a plumber out who finally opened the wall in the closet and found a leak in the UPSTAIRS plumbing that was leaking. The leak was fixed in 30 min.

On December 18th I received a statement from the credit card I opened with Wells Fargo stating Mr **** and Plumbing Express charged $5000 to my credit card with out my authorization.

I want all $5000 returned to Wells Fargo and I want this account closed. Mr***** opened this account with out disclosing that he planned ahead of time to charge $5000 to this card. He knew my intent was to only charge the $2000 deductible I have with my insurance. I feel Plumbing Express STOLE this money. During the process of filling out the application I asked Mr***** how Well Fargo would send me the money and he never answered the question because he knew he was going to charge the card without my concent.

We would like a peaceful and amicable resolution to this issue as I'm sure Ms ***** does.

Ms ***** did hire us to fix her leaky plumbing which required re-piping the downstairs of her home and replacing her water service line. We have completed that work as of 11-19-2015. Ms ***** had some additional leaks at the home and we did fix those leaks at no extra charge.

The Wells Fargo Home Projects Credit Program was discussed with Ms ***** and she signed an application for credit and then signed an authorization for the charges

Our company did not steal from Ms *****. We truly regret if she feels otherwise. The $5000.00 charge was authorized in writing by Ms ***** and was collected from Wells Fargo as compensation for the work.

We did the following work for her totaling $5000:

Repipe of downstairs plumbing to bypass leaking pipes in slab. $3500 (See Interior Repipe Agreement signed by the customer.)
Replacement of main water service line from meter to house. $1500 (See signed authorization)

Ms ***** completed a Wells Fargo application for credit. We submitted that application to Wells Fargo. It was approved. The signed original was mailed to Wells Fargo Retail services because the contractor is not allowed to retain a copy.

Ms *****'s authorization to charge the Wells Fargo Account is documented on the signed "Invoice and Notice of Right to Cancel." The "Total Amount Financed" is listed as $5000.00 with "No Interest if Paid in Full within 12 Months with Regular Payments". This document explains the credit terms, right to cancel within 3 days, and the amount charged.

We provided duplicates of all these documents to Ms ***** in a Plumbing Express folder.

It would be helpful for us to be able to speak with Ms *****. I understand that she is upset with our company. Does Ms ***** intend to pay us if we are able to cancel her 12 month special financing? How does she propose doing so? We would like to discuss these matters with her.
We look forward to a resolution. Best Regards, Ty

Plumbers, Water Damage Restoration, Shower Pan Replacement, Contractor - Water Conditioning, Water Filtration & Purification Equipment, Garbage Disposal Equipment - Industrial & Commercial, Garbage Disposals - Household, Water Leak Detection, Leak Detection, Water Heaters - Dealers, Water Heaters - Repairing, Water Heater - Tankless, Sump Pump Contractors, Pumps - Dealers, Pumps - Service & Repair, Sewer Pipe, Sewer Inspection, Plumbing Plan Services, Drainage Contractors, Plumbers - Commercial, Plumbing - Contractor, Plumbing - Renovation & Repair, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning