BBB Accredited Business since 05/25/2007

Sharper Impressions Painting of Atlanta, LLC

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

08/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Contract stipulates minor drywall repairs and 2 coats of Porter Paint used however most holes were not repaired & only 1 coat of paint was received.
Many walls only have one coat of paint on them. There are dozens of examples identified with painter's tape as **** ****** of Sharper Impressions Painting requested where the previous wall color shows through the new paint. **** ****** fired the painting crew who painted my house and advised that he would have a different crew make the repairs. Many phone calls, texts and emails have been ignored. **** ****** continues to ask that I be more patient until he is able to locate another painter to correct the problems but no other painters have called to schedule the work. I advised **** ****** that we were having our home painted in order to sell it however, it cannot be sold until the corrections are made. Many attempts have been made to work with **** ****** however he continues to ask for our patience. There are dozens of identified spots that must have been caused by dirt on the paintbrushes. The front porch is full of paint splatters that need to be removed. Total amount paid to **** ****** was $14,960.

We seek to obtain what we contracted. For $14,960.00, we were to receive two coats of paint on all the walls and trim as well as some minor drywall repairs. We only received one coat. There also seems to be pieces of dirt throughout most of the newly painted walls that need to be scraped off and repainted. I have offered to hire another painter if **** ****** is unable to locate a painter himself. This will cost approximately $2,500. Therefore, our offer to **** ****** is to correct the problem or pay my replacement painter $2,500 to correct the problem. Those are the two options that I will offer. Please understand that this is causing a delay in listing our house for sale and that was discussed previously with **** ******. Time is of the essence.

Business came to my home and inspected the problems and has scheduled an employee to return to my home to correct the problem. I advised the Business that I would pull my complaint unless the problems were not resolved.

03/08/2016Problems with Product / Service
09/14/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Company has not completed the work according to the contract and has also gone over the time schedule for the job
Product_Or_Service: Interior home painting

We would like them to finish the job immediately and also refund a portion of the money paid

Sharper Impressions Painting of Atlanta, LLC completed the painting terms on the written and signed contract.
The customer paid in full and provided a written and signed customer satisfaction form with positive remarks and scores on many aspects of their painting service and product.
The company even returned about one week later to do some touch ups requested by the customer.

We did pay the company but that does not mean all the work was completed. The company agreed that there were still items left unfinished and I have emails stating this fact, yet thy will not come back and complete the work. When the company subcontractor to the company came back weeks after the work was suppose to be finished they stated they would not do the touch ups and fix the problems. They stated we would need to have the company come back out and look at it first. . The contract clearly states that they will fix all nail holes and wall imperfections prior to painting and the company did not do that. They also have a 5 year warranty for their work and are not upholding that either. We want the work completed and are asking for one months mortgage payment because the company not completing the work on time prolonged us being able to put the house on the market.

The company will not pay for this customers mortgage. The company has fulfilled all the warranty requests that are covered per the contract terms.

05/06/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Sharper Impressions painted the exterior of my house in the fall of 2014. They damaged my house and other property and haven't fixed it yet.
They got paint on my paver sidewalk, pager patio, fence, brick which wasn't supposed to be painted, and roof shingles. They failed to paint some areas that cannot be seen from the ground which I guess they thought I wouldn't catch. They replaced the sidewalk pavers that had paint but now my sidewalk looks awful because the pacers are new and weren't sealed. Repeated calls to ******* ****** or Shaprer get lots of assurances that he is working on the issue and will call me back but he never does. I have been very patient and given him ample opportunity to resolve it but get nothing but more promises that he will call me back or he is waiting on information from someone to resolve it or he doesn't have any guys available to fix it. I don't trust that ******* is acting in good faith because he has repeatedly promised to fix the issues me then doesn't do what he says he will do.

I would like someone other than ******* from Sharper to come out and review the issues and resolve them. Otherwise I want a full refund. If they refuse then I will be forced to have my attorney sue them for a refund plus damages.

We sent Mr. ****** a final punch out list detailing the clean-up areas he requested.
Mr. ****** signed that letter and we are in agreement on the scope of clean up needed.
We then scheduled him in the queue after our other current customers and we notified him of this schedule today.
Once his punch list is complete we will notify the BBB that the company has resolved this issue with Mr. ******.

06/30/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues

Painting Contractors, Deck Cleaning & Sealing, Deck Cleaning and Waterproofing, Pressure Washing, Fence Staining, Painters - Commercial or Residential, Commercial Painting Contractor