Daniel Moving Systems, Inc.

Phone: (404) 305-1940Fax: (404) 346-9801

08/27/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Daniel Moving Systems was hired for a full move-in & unpack. After running of time they signed Form 1850/1851 to return but now refuse to complete.
Daniel Moving Systems was hired for a full move-in & unpack. Their administrative and operations offices were advised a week in advance that the highrise condo I was moving into had strict move-in times. Movers are not allowed in the building past 4:30 pm per HOA rules. The day of the move the movers arrived approximately 2 hours late (elevator was reserved to start move as early as building allowed). The moving crew consisted of only 2 men to move into a 2000+ sq ft living space. The moving crew ran out of time to complete the move and at 4:30 pm the elevator was no longer available due to HOA rules.
Daniel Moving Systems promised to return to complete the unpack and debris removal and signed a Form ********** stating that they would return to complete the move. After 6 attempts to schedule a completion date, I was told over the phone by their administrative and operations department that Daniel Moving Systems was very busy and that they were refusing to complete the move unless it could be outside of my building's allowed move-in hours (8:45 am- 4:30 pm). The highrise in a full service high security building and there is no way to move-in/out outside of the allowed times. I am now stuck with a condo full of boxes and large furniture that needs to be assembled because Daniel Moving Systems is refusing to complete the move they were hired to perform.

I need Daniel Moving Systems to complete the job they were hired to perform. They need to send a crew during HOA mandated move-in hours to complete the unpack and debris removal.

Contact Name and Title: **** ******, Owner/VP
Contact Email: ******************
August 27, 2015

Better Business Bureau, Inc.
************************
*********************

RE: Case #: ********: ***** ****

Dear Sir or Madam:

We have received the complaint related to the above case and answer as follows:

The complainant, ***** ****, resides in a condominium complex located on ************* in Atlanta. All loads and deliveries require an elevator reservation, which was obtained for Mr. ****'s delivery. The HOA for the complex also stipulates that all crews be on site no earlier than 8:00 am and off site no later than 4:30 pm. There can be no service truck type vehicles located at the freight dock before or after the hours set out above or the homeowner for whom the load and/or delivery is being completed is fined by the HOA.

The period of time between May 15th and September 30th is the busiest time of any year for the relocation industry meaning that, often times, we must operate outside of those hours. On the delivery date for Mr. ****, July 27, 2015, the crew was not finished unpacking and assembling furniture by the 4:30 pm HOA cutoff time. Our company offered to have a crew member remove the truck from the freight dock area, leave the other crew members to complete the unpack and assembly of furniture and Mr. **** refused to allow this to happen. We offered, on more than one occasion, to have a crew remove the debris and assemble any furniture, however, Mr. **** indicated that he worked 8am - 5pm, just as we did, and we would have to accommodate his schedule. Unfortunately, due to his refusal to allow us to complete our job on delivery day, we were unable to return due to our relocation schedule which is set out weeks in advance of every load and delivery.

In speaking with Mr. **** on today's date (8/25/2015), he indicates that he paid to have the debris removed and that he assembled his own furniture. Mr. **** has been provided an email address to which the receipt for the debris removal may be sent for reimbursement. We trust that this rebuttal addresses all outstanding issues and closes this case.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. My telephone number, fax number and email address are listed below.

Best Regards,

**** ******
Owner/Vice President
P#: ************ x***
F#: ************
Email: ******************

****** Moving Systems was made aware of the condominium move in/out hours when they accepted and scheduled the move. Their response to the complaint is false:

"We offered, on more than one occasion, to have a crew remove the debris and assemble any furniture, however Mr. **** indicated that he worked 8am - 5pm, just as we did, and we would have to accommodate his schedule."

I'm active duty military and was on leave during this period (I can submit leave papers if desired). I gave ****** Moving Systems their choice of three weeks (over my leave period) to unpack and remove debris. Removing debris requires condominium elevators and must be completed by 4:30 pm each day per HOA rules. ****** Moving Systems refused to schedule a time/date over this period during building mandated hours. ****** Moving Systems was aware I was active duty military with a family (this was a military contracted move). By indefinitely delaying the unpack and debris removal they knew I would do the unpack and debris removal on my own since I am active duty military and had limited time to set up my family's home before returning to duty.

I appreciated the BBB's ability to get a response. The unpacking and debris removal was time sensitive due to my limited military leave so there is no service ****** Moving Systems can now provide.

Movers