Associates Transport, LLC

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

09/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

June 24, 2015Dear BBB Representative,On October 27, 2014, Associate Transport moved our personal household furnishings, from Savannah, GA to Vail, AZ. Our possessions arrived on November 6, 2014. As time progressed,my mother and I opened numerous boxes and were dismayed to find that several irreplaceable items were missing, i.e., (my father's urn, my mother's wedding dress, an important briefcase (or so we thought). We were wrongfully in error, as a result, we apologized to *******, owner of Associate Transport, on several occasions; as were caused her considerable frustration, too.However, we noticed, as we proceeded to open numerous additional boxes...several valuable/irreplaceable items were, (severely damaged). In light of this, we immediately filed a complaint with Associate Transport, (via) Anthem Claim Management Co. Some of these items included, a (beveled glass coffee table insert), a file cabinet that was "so badly damaged," it is unusable, i.e. the (drawers cannot be opened). Also, we have broken/chipped fine china,etc.To make matters worse, (our carbon copy Bill of Laden, was barely legible). When we made several attempts to receive an original copy of the Bill of Laden, from *******, of Associate Transport;...she delayed and refrained in sending a legible one, to us. Fast forward, After several months of waiting for a settlement amount, we finally received one on June 24, 2015. My mother and I, were shocked and appalled at Associate Transport's final settlement estimate for $126.00. The beveled coffee table glass insert, (alone), is worth at least $500.00. This settlement estimation from Associate Transport was a definite insult to us.We have have moved on several occasions and have (never) encountered a moving company that is so grossly negligent, as this one. Needless to say, we refuse to sign this settlement agreement amount. Could you please help us resolve this matter, reasonably?Sincerely,**** & ***** *******
Product_Or_Service: Household/Furniture Transport
Account_Number: ******

It is our hope, that Associate Transport would provide a "reasonable" settlement amount that is fair and acceptable, to us.Anyway you are able to help resolve this problem, "amicably", would be deeply appreciated.Thank you.Sincerely,**** & ***** *******

Dear BBB,
First of all, I am not the owner. I am the company's registered agent, and office manager.
Secondly, Ms ******** was given 2 copies of her paper work, pink and yellow copies. The pink at the pickup of her household items and yellow copies at the delivery. A set of the white copies were sent to Moving APT, her moving broker, and Anthem Claim Management for Ms ******** claim.

It is unfortunate that Ms ******** is so frustrated with our services. It was her first time using a moving company. And, It seems that she and her daughter were confused as to what services our company was to provide for them per her contract with Moving APT.
When the movers arrived the house was in total disarray. There were old boxes that seemed to have been packed from years back. There were items stacked and piled up. Anything that had any existing damage or had been "packed by owner" was noted on a Descriptive Inventory a List. Pictures were also taken on site of how everything was placed in her home when the movers arrived. To accommodate, Ms ******** move a second truck was re-routed to her home, at no extra charge, from NC due to her move escalating in size from the original inventory list submitted. We only charged for the additional weight.
When her household items arrived in Atlanta and loaded onto the truck making her delivery, it is standard procedure to recheck inventory list.
Upon delivery, a tractor trailer was sent to accommodate the size of her move. According to the driver who did this delivery, Ms ******** had requested that ALL boxes be placed in a garage along with other household items. A few days later, I received a frantic phone call from Ms ******** accusing our company/carrier of losing her husband's ashes. I assured her that we had checked her inventory as it was leaving Atlanta and they were there she just had to look through her boxes......
The next phone call I got was that we had lost her wedding dress, then, her personal documents, etc, etc.
She, then, stated that she "hired a day laborer" to go through her boxes to find the items that were lost, to no avail.
I assured her that her items were delivered. She even called to curse at me and threaten us with a lawsuit....... The next frantic call that I received was from her daughter, telling me that her mom was missing. I told her to hang up and call the police....They, finally took time and went through some of her boxes themselves, "again", and found her belongings to which, her dau

05/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Scam! Double charged what the original quote was. I wanted to pick up my belongings and paid $1600 just to get my stuff back. They didn't even deliver
Not only did i have to pay $1600 to get my belongings back,majority of it was damaged. After they told me it would be another $2500 on top of the $925 I already paid. Just for me to take my stuff off of their truck I had to pay another $755.I specifically asked her if I could get my stuff that day and she was persistent about me getting it the next day. I've lost alot of money that i wont regain but my furniture that was damaged is most upsetting

I want them to cover my damaged furniture

unfortunately, this move, Job********, was a nightmare from Day 1. On the first day, we tried to pick up the job in Birmingham, but unfortunately, Mr *** ***** or ******** ******, whom are one and the same led us to believe that he was in FL and someone else would act as the proxy to his move. Due to his absence, we were not able to do his pickup, so the moving team came back to Atlanta. The next day, Day 2, the moving team arrived to do his pickup and Mr ******/***** was on site.
His original estimate for his move was for 466 cf @ $1550.00, at $5.14 per cf. However, he was not forthright with his inventory with the estimator and his actual cubic feet for his move escalated to approx 1050 cf, to which he signed a revised written estimate on site acknowledging a new estimate. his ADDITIONAL inventory consisted of 1 lg deep freezer, 1 safe, 1 long bench, 7 large plastic containers, 1 washer, 1 dryer, 1 rocking chair, 18 misc storage items, 1 large wall clock, 2 kayaks (bulky). We tried our best to work with Mr ****** on a price, but, his intention was to "tip" our moving team and "talk" them into sneaking the load to FL without extra charges.
Unfortunately, for Mr ******/*****, all trucks with loads have to pass QA and all loads are measured, paperwork is forwarded for proper billing.
Yes, the move did escalate in price due to the extra inventory and packing of goods. the customer refused to pay the additional and decided to come to Atlanta to pick up their household goods and transport it themselves.
Their move was converted to an hourly tariff vs a long distance tariff. They were charged for drivetime from GA to AL and back to GA, and the total work hrs involved to do the actual pickup (10hrs), plus, fuel surchg/mileage for use of truck. We did give them a discount of $275.00. Prior to Mr & Ms ******'s arrival to pick up their items, all moving blankets were removed from the furniture and placed back into the truck separately to keep from any damage occurring... The ******s arrived with a 26 ft U-Haul truck and 2 guys as helpers without any supplies (moving blankets nor straps to secure their load. Due to their loading their items stacked on top of each other, it is evident that there should be some type of damage in transit.
Mr ******, called me 3 days later requesting extra copies of his paperwork because their copies "flew out the window". I cooperated and so as to appease the customer, I gave them the link ( so that they could place a claim for further review.
Our company works with an INDEPENDENT claims company that will review and investigate their claim. Upon the conclusion of their review, all paperwork will be forwarded to Associates and we will pay the claim.

12/31/2015Problems with Product / Service