Metro Atlanta, Athens and NE Georgia

BBB Accredited Business since 11/16/2012

Equity Loans, LLC

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

09/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Equity Loan, LLC lack sense of urgency. They fail to meet deadlines without regards to the consumers they are affecting.
Our offer on home was accepted 6/24, scheduled closing date 8/5. Documentation provided on a timely manner,no later than 48 hrs after request. I confirmed with Loan officer I did my part, but processing dept has failed to meet deadline. I have not received a call from management or have a valid excuse to why it has been delayed. It is now 8/21 and I am hoping the sellers will grant another extension (3rd one). Because of this delay now I am forced to pay another month of rent where I currently reside and because my contract is up I will be paying more than I normally do. My family and I also had 2 birthday parties and 1 graduation we had planned to celebrate in our new home (8/17 graduation), (8/24 my birthday), (9/14 daughter's birthday). Home Equity LLC has demonstrated nothing more other than disrespect to my family and I. I knew the process would not be easy and that it would be a lengthy but they have constantly overpromised and under delivered. During the past three weeks I have been told the same line "it will go out to title within 48 hours" I would suggest they change their advertising before they get a lawsuit for false advertisement.

I will most likely go with another lender but at the same time I run the risk of losing Earnest money, appraisal cost, inspection fee and to top it all off I already purchased home warranty. I don't want to lose any money, but would prefer another lender.

Consumer indicated they have heard from the company, but the issue has not been resolved. Comments follow below:
After asking sellers for several extensions I decided to go with a different lender. Equity Loans contacted me asking if I was aware of the request I told them I was aware and would like for file to be released. I checked in with the new lender 2 days later and the file still had not been released. I accused them of unethical practice and told them I would call ***. They said we could close the following day but when my realtor tried to confirm with title they knew nothing about my file. I again asked for my file to be released. My file was released to the new lender mid-day Aug. 30 and I signed closing documents today Sept.10

12/10/2013Problems with Product / Service