BBB Accredited Business since 06/08/1999

Associated Environmental Landscape Services, Inc.

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

12/14/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Associated Environmental Landscape Services did not provide quality work on numerous occasions. I spoke to the owner several times and continued to give chances due to a contract. However, the service was not satisfactory. I did not renew my contract but Dave the owner remains to want to collect money with zero work implemented. This is poor service and not listening or understanding the customers concerns.

I stayed in the contract for over a year. I canceled the services due to poor work and provided a notice but now he wants $330.00 to cover 2 months of no one coming to the property. I did not want a service where the workers would smoke and spend 20 minutes or less in the yard and not complete a satisfied cut, constant weeds, wrong blade for the type of grass.Thank you,Shay

Contact Name and Title: **** *********, President
Ms ******* entered in to a landscape service agreement with our Company on 7-7-14. Our agreements are what is termed an "evergreen" contract whereby if not notified in writing within 30 days of the anniversary date of the original execution, the agreement automatically renews for another 12 months with all terms of the agreement in force for that period. We did not receive any notice of cancellation from Ms ******* and, therefore, the service agreement renewed through 7-7-2016.

On June 23, 2015 I received an email from Ms ******* informing me of weeds within her property and indicating that she was concerned over the monthly price of service (i.e. $ 165)and, in my response on June 24 via email, I offered to meet and review the items of the service contract. I also informed her that the weed notes would be posted to the crew for the next day's service. Following the next day's servioe on June 25 I received another email from Ms ******* that she was still concerned over the existence weeds. I responded same day that I would come to her property on June 26 and assess the condition myself. Upon doing so I found that the weeds had in fact been sprayed with herbicide which was evident by the indicator dye we use. Following, I heard no further comment from Ms ******* until our office was notified on 17 September by her in a phone call to our receptionist that she was cancelling service immediately.

Now, going forward I personally inspected the property the next day, September 18, and found it to be in good shape as we had serviced it on the 17th as well. I placed a call to Ms ******* to discuss the matter further, but received no reply. The following week we did not, and could not, perform service once we receive an Owner's notice to cancel service due to liability reasons. We therefore, imposed the cancellation clause for our contract which is that we bill for two months service having had no previous notice in writing giving us the "cause to cure" period of 15 days to correct any deficiencies. Because our contracts are set up to amortize a full years service equally over twelve months we have to protect ourselves from early cancellation since the growing season months (i.e. April through September) are the heaviest labor and material cost months. If we don't work the full contract and get to experience the slower growth and less labor months (i.e. October through March) we stand to lose a substantial amount of profit potential. Thusly, the two month fee for early contract cancellation without notice is charged. This is the typical case where the customer uses our service up until the turf and plants go dormant then cancel.

Ms. ******* has sent two hand written notices on our recent statements and has indicated that we (she and I) have discussed and agreed to not charge for the early termination fee. I have responded back in each case that that is an untrue statement. I have had no conversation with Ms. ******* about the billing verbal or otherwise. On 09 November I responded to Ms *******'s email to our accounting office where she first stated we had had some conversation and I was going to credit the amount off her account. I corrected her and said this was not true and that we did not have a conversation. However, I went on to offer to settle the matter for some other reasonable amount if she would be so inclined to make a offer. I never heard back from her. Then, we received a second hand written not that I had agreed to remove the amount from her account. Again, in a note back to Ms. ******* I reminded her that there had been no discussion between us about the amount and therefor, there was no agreement to remove it. This is simply untrue.

I am very disturbed about this matter in that we have very clear contracts with very simply terms. We offer our service and stand behind it. If we are notified in writing of a problem there is a 15 day cause to cure period. If we do not satisfy the issue to the customer's satisfaction within that period we will release the customer from the contract. We obviously satisfied Ms *******'s issue in June having not heard from her again. A cancellation without notice has an obvious penalty to protect us, the vendor from loss of profit. We have followed the contract executed between the Customer and the Vendor. I've made an offer to settle amicably. What more can I do.......

08/21/2015Problems with Product / Service

Landscape Maintenance, Landscape Architects, Landscape Contractors, Erosion Control, Seeding, Landscape Designers, Lawn Maintenance, Limestone, Sod & Sodding Service, Tree Service, Tree Service - Pruning, Drainage Contractors, Grading Contractors, Land Clearing & Leveling, Lighting Consultants, Hardscapes, Fountains - Garden, Display, Water Gardens Fountains & Ponds, Lawn & Garden Sprinkler Systems, Lawn & Garden Pond Dealers & Supplies, Landscape Lighting, Landscape Lighting, Home Services-Lawn & Garden-Tree Care Services, Stone Cutters, Stone Setting, Lawn & Tree Care, Lawn Installation Service, Contractors - Retaining Wall, Chain Link Fence Sales, Service & Contractors