BBB Accredited Business since 07/02/2010

Mem Landscaping Services, LLC

07/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a truck load of dirt. I was told the price was $75 for half of truck and $150 for a full truck load. After negotiating I was told if I pay $100 a full load of dirt would be delivered. $100 covered delivery also! I was told that the dirt would not have alot of rocks in it. He promised me that!!! When the truck arrived at the house, it was a small dump truck carrying half a load of dirt. The dirt was fill of very large bricks, sticks, rocks, large tree branches, shoes and other types of trash in it. Plus, I told the driver where not to take the truck because of the ground being soft and he backed up in that area anyway and got stuck. It took us about an hour to get his truck from being stuck. Once the truck was removed, he had destroyed our backyard terribly. I called the office and told them what happened and the guy that always answers the phone told me that they were very busy and that he would call me back. This was on Saturday and no phone call was returned. I kept trying to call back for a week and no one answered. Finally on that following Friday I went up there and spoke with the owner Javier De Santos. He was being very defensive like he wasn't trying to resolve the issue. He eventually agreed to come to the residence. After arriving at the residence, he started feeding lines about how they have a little dump truck and all kind of other mambojumbo nonsense. Bottom line after he saw what was delivered and the mess that was made to my yard, he did not try to make it right. I have pictures for proof!
Product_Or_Service: Dirt
Order_Number: ************

I want a full refund and an additionally $100 for destroying my yard and we had to take a good bit of the dirt to fix the damage to the yard from the truck. Not to mentioned the $75 labor that was paid to hired help Location I used for Service was ***************************************************************

When ********* *.******* came to the location to purchase field dirt she saw that we had a small Isuzu single axle truck. She also walked back to the back area and saw the large pile of field dirt. She saw that it was field dirt not screened dirt and she was ok with that. Field dirt is sold by the load which is $12.00 a bobcat bucket and we put 7 buckets on the truck which the weight makes a full load. After she saw the materials we agreed on $100.00 including delivery. When we arrived there she told the driver to back up as far as he can on her property to dump the dirt and as a result our truck got stuck. She advised us not to worry about this because she was going to grade everything back up. When she realized that she needed more dirt this is when she started to complain about it. To resolve the issue I ****** went to meet with her and she explained what she was trying to do and I explained to her that she would need 2 or more loads of field dirt because she has a drainage well alongside her backyard that the builders left for drainage purposes. She was wanting to fill up the well and grade it. The area is 75' linear ft. by 12' to 16' by 8" deep on the center. So after I explained to her all of that she disagreed. Now she is wanting us to refund her $100.00 plus and additional $100.00 for her yard. I feel that we should not be held responsible for any refund or repairs to the property being that we held up our end which was delivered the field dirt that she saw and purchased. As for her yard the only reason the guys got stuck in her yard was because she told them to back up as far as they could in the backyard which resulted in them getting stuck and even after this she advised us not to worry about this because she was going to grade it. If there are any additional questions we can be reached at ************ or by email at ************************

Thanks,
MEM Landscaping
******

When I visited the business, no trucks were there. Never was I shown any type of dirt.Our conversation between me and the salesman was that I would receive a dump truck fill of clean dirt(top soil dirt). Who in their right mind would agree to dirt with rocks, sticks, trash, etc. type of dirt.He stated that I told them to back up on the property as far as they could. That conversation never took place. It was only one guy delivering and not two. He was asked if he could back into the backyard instead of driving forward. We was never asked to back as far as he could unto the property. He was asked to not back into a certain spot and he did anyway. We yelled for him to stop but he continue to back up.I have pictures to evidence that he never backed up to the end of the property. The driver was very young. Looked to be about 18. He looked too young to be driving. I didn't tell him not to worry about the damage. Once I saw the dirt the was dropping, I immediately complained about the dirt that he had started dumping. I kept trying to call the office but no one would answer. I kept calling the following week and no one answered. So I went back to the business on that Friday.I spoke with ****** and he spoke like no matter what I had to say, that he was not going to fix the problem. We did agree that more dirt was needed, but disagree on the amount of dirt that was delivered was not my monies worth. We were not trying to fill any wells alongside the backyard. It is a low area in the yard , not alongside the yard. We never had a conversation about builders or drainage wells or etc.Bottom line! I never got a full truck load of quality dirt. And I have witnesses and photos to prove that!

As we stated before in the first rebuttal when Mrs.********* came to the site she requested field dirt. The store clerk assisted her and took her from the front office all the way to the back to see the field dirt and they agreed on the price of $100.00 including delivery. Again we have a small Isuzu single axle dump truck that only holds a maximum weight of 5 to 6 Tons. As for the guy getting stuck in her yard she advised him to back up as far as he could in the backyard to dump the dirt. He did what he was told by the customer and getting stuck was the result. Mrs. ********* stated to not worry about the yard because she was going to regarding it anyway. Mrs. ********* was fine with everything until she found out that she would need more field dirt to cover everything she wanted to cover.

Thanks,
MEM Landscaping

Landscape Contractors, Lawn Installation Service, Lawn & Tree Care, Stone Setting - Interlocking Pavers, Irrigation Systems & Equipment, Irrigation Consultants, Home Services-Lawn & Garden-Tree Care Services, Hardscapes, Concrete Contractors, Concrete Breaking, Cutting, Sawing, Sod & Sodding Service, Tractor Mowing, Landscape Maintenance