BBB Accredited Business since 02/22/2013

Home Center Outlet, LLC

02/04/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I ordered a kitchen sink from the home center outlet online and, at first glance, it appeared to be correct. Approximately 8 months later when the kitchen was done and the sink finally installed I noticed the sink hole was not centered between the side walls of the sink. That prompted me to look at the manufacturer's website, lenova sinks, to check the specs. There I found that the sink I received did not match the sink I had ordered. Upon contact with the manufacturer they told me they do not have a sink that matched the outer dimensions and hole location of the sink I had received. They also told me they had no record of home center outlet purchasing products from them. I contacted home center outlet about the issues and was told they could do nothing for me since it had been past 30 days. Even when I told them that not only did I not get the sink I had ordered, the sink I did get was manufactured wrong I got no help. I was told that they buy products surplus and that's why the sink was less expensive to begin with. That information is nowhere to be found when looking at individual products on their website and would have factored into my decision to purchase a product from them. Only when you click "about us" do you find info about them buying surplus direct from manufacturers, although, as I stated, lenova sinks had no record of their purchases. They also tried to tell me that the sink basket that came with the sink should have cost me extra, but on the manufacturer's site it clearly states the complete drain kit comes with the sink for free. The sink I received is not what I ordered, has manufacturer defects, and, I suspect, is not a lenova sink at all. Home center outlet is using a 30 day policy to deny any action to remedy the situation that I feel is basically fraud on their part.
Product_Or_Service: Kitchen sink
Order_Number: #****

A partial refund of 50% of the purchase price would satisfy me.

Contact Name and Title: ********* *****
Contact Email: ***************************
***** Flynn purchased from us on April 7th of 2014. He signed for the delivered sink on April 11th of 2014. After ***** inspected the sink he noticed a rubber part of the drain was missing. He emailed ***** ****** on April 12th of 2014. ***** got the rubber part on April 19th of 2014. Our return policy is listed on our website and reads "Returns & Exchanges Policy
Thank you for your purchase! We hope you love it. But if something doesn't work out, you have a few options:

Exchange: Exchange your product for something you like better. All that we ask is that the product is in the same condition as when you bought it (e.g., the product cannot have been installed).
Store Credit: Return your product for store credit within 14 days of purchase. Your store credit can be redeemed for any Home Center Outlet product.
You must have your original receipt to exchange or return your purchase.
Exclusions
In order to keep our prices incredibly low, we cannot take back special orders. These items include:

Special/customer orders (e.g., doors, windows, kitchen cabinets, etc.)"

Our return policy clearly states that the item must not be installed. ***** sent us a photo of this sink installed in his home. Our return policy also notes exchanges or store credit within 14 days.

***** contacted us for the first time on Monday January 12th of 2015 since inspecting his sink back in April of last year. The customer waited over 9 months to contact us.

We clearly state in our return policy both the time frame, condition of the product and that we only offer store credit. Our return policy is also on the customer sales receipt in a link at the bottom or the sales receipt. It has now been 290 days and ***** has installed and is using the sink.

We cannot accept a return as the product is now installed and being used. Nor do we refund month 9 months after a purchase. We can offer a $50 store credit..

07/18/2013Problems with Product / Service

Kitchen Cabinets & Equipment - Household, Kitchen Accessories, Home Accessories, Floor Materials - Retail, Doors, Baths - Equipment & Supplies, Floors - Laminate, Floor Coverings & Installation