Diamond Bazaar

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased my wedding ring from this business on Ladies 10K White Gold Xl Pave Diamond Engagement Wedding Ring Band 2.0Ct,$1,249.99, from ***** Received ring on April 3, April 26 top of the ring fell off-was charged $50.00 to replace head on ring. May 7 ring was shipped back to me, May 23 ring was turning into gold had to ship the ring back to you all for re rhodium was charged additional 35.00 dollars. July 5, 2013 top of ring fell off, but lost the head of the ring and was mailed to Jewelry Unlimited .I have called and tried to speak to **** the owner and he has yet to return any of my calls,I emailed this business on September 11, 2013 and once again no reply whatsoever. I don't know what else to do I live in ***** and they are based in Atlanta, GA. I
Product_Or_Service: LADIES XL PRINCESS BRIDAL ENGAGEMENT DIAMOND RING

I would like for them to either fix my ring at no cost or just refund me my ring.

Hello,
**** is currently working with the vendor on the ring. The ring was shown to the jeweler and he confirmed that it was hit against something which made the head come off. This is not a quality issue for sure. We are awaiting the vendor's response on this, we will check with them the status and get back to you by next week. We will give you options to get the rings fixed and if you do not want to go for them we can simply return your ring.

Thanks.

This complaint has now been resolved thank you for your assistance

We are working with the buyer to get them an exchange of a different ring. What I can do is offer you a ring from our store upto $700 as an exchange, as the ring you have sent back does not have the head on it. The head is worth 75% off the ring. But, I can offer you any other ring upto $700, which is a little more than half of the value of the ring you sent back.
I think this should be a fair resolution.
Thanks
****

09/30/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

They sold me fake gold as real...when only the diamonds were real but they were not even the diamonds I was told they were
I brought a charm that was pose to be real then I found out it wasn't when I took back she told me it was OK and that she would put it towards a real one the exact price I paid for it so when I brought it back to get the real one she said I had to have a receipt which she knew I wouldn't be able to find

I just want my money back or the real one

The store policy is as follows:

1. The jewelry bought by the customer is explained to them whether it is gold,10 K or 14 K, or silver or gold over silver or stainless steel or tungsten or gold over brass etc.
2. The same is printed on the receipt at the time of layaway and/or sale and given to the customer.
3. No refund is permitted and exchange is only possible within 14 days if the item is not altered or damaged on production of a receipt and payment of 15% restocking fee.

The customer, Mr. **** *******, had bought a charm which was gold over silver with micro pave diamonds sometime in the past.

This was conveyed to him at the time of purchase and mentioned on the receipt as per the policy of the store.

The customer came into the store and requested an upgrade of his product to a gold charm saying that he had paid $ 250 towards it and the same should be credited towards the upgrade.

He was asked to produce his receipt in order to establish how much was paid by him as different specials are run at different times.

He was unable to produce the receipt hence it was suggested that he could bring his credit/debit card statement to establish the date and amount of purchase and enable us to bring forward a copy of the receipt from the computer database.

This suggestion seemed to upset him and he demanded that the charm should be "dipped" in yellow gold by us without him having to make any payment for that service.

We conveyed that while we were willing to clean the charm free for him we would charge him for dipping.

While this is exactly what happened, Mr. **** ******* now chooses to claim that he was given fake gold.

If Mr. ******* can produce, for the purposes of clarification, the date and amount of the sale from his card statement, this issue could readily be resolved. And if what Mr. ******* states is established through that process we would remedy his situation to his satisfaction.

02/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My fianc and I bought a bridal diamond ring set on December 24th 2013 and the ring broke on December 29th. We went back to the store December 30th (6 days after the sale) to get it fixed and the store owner said he was not liable and he even asked us to pay $450 to fix it. He even refused to take the ring back and give us a refund. This store is a rip off, they did not even offer us insurance. Please beware if you plan to buy anything from this store they are a rip-off. They don't even want their own ring back. Once they get your money you no longer matter to them. I would really discourage anyone from buying any item from this store
Product_Or_Service: Bridal Diamond ringset

All my money back

The customer is LYING.I did offer to insure the product after he complained of the head coming out.
So that we can insure him and fix his ring.He refused to buy the insurance.
We told him if he does not want to buy the insurance the cost of fixing it would be 450 dollars and if he purchases the insurance it will be $150(insurance cost).
He said that he would go to the BBB.
We are still willing to offer him insurance that would cover his fixing charge.He and his wife was beyond approachable and were all the time in the store threatening us of dire consequences.
We were at one point deciding to call the mall security but decided against.
This customer when he came to buy the ring also he had created a big show and we had too much of difficulty handling him.

I am not comfortable with this seller anymore, all I need is my refund.

Thank you.

First of all i did not receive anything on the 13th Jan.
We cannot give refunds since we do not have refund policy.
What we do is that the customer has 14 days to exchange the item provided it is in the brand new condition.
In the case the customer has lost the head of the ring so we cannot even exchange the ring.
The only option that is left for the customer is to bring the ring and get the ring insured and we would fix the ring.
Well that proposal was given to the customer when they first came in.
We are waiting for your reply.

07/22/2013Advertising / Sales Issues

Jewelers - Retail, Jewelry Manufacturers, Diamonds, Jewelry Repair, Watches - Wholesale & Manufacturers, Jewelry Buyers, Watches - Service & Repair, Jewelry Designers, Watches - Dealers