19 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 10 closed in last 12 months

02/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am a holder of US Airways Credit Card. Last year, we had a trip interruption due serious health issue of a family member. Per US Airways card guideline the credit card covers such trip interruption through card insurance if purchase was made on the card. The insurance claim is adjudicated by Crawford. Our claim # was *******. The claim was wrongly adjudicated and $254.40 was never sent(still owed to us). I have been pursuing this since October of last year. Also one of the checks Crawford bounced costing me another $25. The adjudication is in violation of the US Air Card trip insurance policy.I tried to contact Crawford's adjudicator showing them the correct US Airways policy. She said she has sent it to supervisor. Even after 6 emails, supervisor failed to respond or show minimum courtesy of acknowledgement. I also called him, called Crawford and sent email to their customer service. Absolutely no response came through.Very frustrated customer**************
Product_Or_Service: US Airways Card (Card Insurance)

Crawford must send the $254.40 plus the $25 bounce check fee along with a correction of their customer service which is sorely lacking

February 9, 2015

**********************

Claim No.: *******
Insured: **************
Financial Institution: **********************
Policy No.: **********
Claim Type: Trip Cancellation
Date of Loss: August 18, 2014
Insurance Company: Federal Insurance Company, a member of the ***********************************

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are in receipt of the consumer's complaint supplemental complaint/rebuttal of February 2, 2015 in reference to the above captioned matter. Please be advised, Crawford & Company is the third party administrator for the carrier, Federal Insurance Company.

Mr. ******* expressed displeasure with the handling of his claim including the lack of the full payment he initially asked for. We have reviewed our file, and we offer the following in response and we apologize for any delay.

Mr. *******'s claim was received in our office on September 30, 2014 and an initial letter forwarded requesting specific documentation. The requested documentation was not received from Mr. ******* until October 20, 2014. The assigned adjuster contacted Mr. ******* to confirm receipt of his documentation and to advise of additional documentation needed in order to review his claim. Mr. ******* submitted the additional documentation the following day on October 21, 2014. Based on the fact that it was confirmed that the cancelled airline ticket could be rebooked up to August 3, 2015 payment in the amount of $200.00 for rebooking fees was submitted to Mr. ******* October 23, 2014 under check number ***********

The assigned adjuster sent email verification of the payment amount and stated that the remaining balance of $254.40 was pending verification of the flight voucher expiration and change fees associated with the tickets as it appears that this amount is for 2 companion flights and the cost was not broken down on the flight itinerary. Our records reflect the initial payment in the amount $200 was cashed on November 12, 2014.

The value of the tickets for ****** and ******* ******* have been confirmed by the US Airways representative. These are companion tickets and are each valued at $127.20 with a change fee per ticket in the amount $200.00. Since payment may only be issued up to the original cost of these tickets, a supplemental payment to Mr. ******* has been submitted and approved in the amount $254.40 to satisfy the outstanding balance of these tickets. This payment will print on February 10, 2015 and be mailed to the address on file.

Pertinent provisions of the policy follow.

Endorsement

Financial Services Common Carrier Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption

With respect to Financial Services Common Carrier Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption only,
Section I of the Contract, Coverage, is amended to include the following:

In the event of the Insured ******'s Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption, we will pay up to
the Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Benefit Amount shown in Section IV of the Declarations,
Benefits. Our payment will not exceed either:

1) the actual Non-Refundable amount paid by the Insured ****** for a Common
Carrier passenger fare(s); or
2) the Trip Cancellation/Interruption Benefit Amount shown in Section IV of the
Declarations, Benefits.

The Insured ****** will relinquish to us any unused vouchers, tickets, coupons or travel privileges
for which we have reimbursed the Insured ******.

Definitions

Covered Trip

Covered Trip means travel on a Common Carrier when the entire cost of the passenger fare for
such transportation, less redeemable certificates, vouchers or coupons, has been charged to an Insured
******'s Account issued by the Policyholder

Non-Refundable

Non-Refundable means the amount of money paid by or on behalf of the Insured ****** for a
Covered Trip which will be forfeited under the terms of the agreement made with the Common
Carrier for unused travel arrangement and for which a travel agent or travel supplier will not provide
any other form of compensation

If you have any questions or if I may be of any assistance please contact me.

***** *****
Team Manager
Affinity Operations
*************

This is a generic copy and paste of policy. However, by which provision was the amount requested not reimbursed. The $254.40 is for two tickets worth $127.20 that were non-refundable. There was no residual value of the tickets. The trip was a covered trip, that is how 1 ticket was reimbursed. Please demonstrate which provision prevents other 2 tickets not to be reimbursed. Also please explain the poor customer service and the returned check.

February 19, 2015

Policy No.: **********
Claim Type: Trip Cancellation
Date of Loss: August 18, 2014

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are in receipt of the consumer's complaint supplemental complaint/rebuttal of February 10, 2015 in reference to the above captioned matter. Please be advised, Crawford & Company is the third party administrator for the carrier, Federal Insurance Company.

Mr. ******* initially expressed displeasure with the handling of his claim including the lack of the full payment he initially asked for. We have reviewed our file, and we offer the following.

The additional payment in the amount $254.40 was processed on February 10, 2015 on check number 9160331895. This additional payment is to complete the remaining balance for the common carrier fare that was purchased initially on this file.

As previously stated, we have no record of a bank error in the issuance of the original payment and as such cannot address the extra $25 fee charged to Mr. *******.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the breakdown in communication with the handling of the file and will offer that our customer service is being continuously monitored for potential training opportunities.

Pertinent provisions of the policy follow.

Endorsement

Financial Services Common Carrier Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption

Section I of the Contract, Coverage, is amended to include the following:

Benefits. Our payment will not exceed either:

1) the actual Non-Refundable amount paid by the Insured ****** for a Common
Carrier passenger fare(s); or
2) the Trip Cancellation/Interruption Benefit Amount shown in Section IV of the
Declarations, Benefits.

for which we have reimbursed the Insured ******.

Definitions

Covered Trip

******'s Account issued by the Policyholder

Non-Refundable

any other form of compensation

If you have any questions or if I may be of any assistance please contact me.

***** *****
Team Manager
Affinity Operations
*************

12/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had a blow out on my work truck for the 2nd time and copper tire company don't care about it. left messages, email and no call back!

I purchased my 4 new tires from discount tire company about 1 year ago. these tire are 70,000 miles tires they have mabe 10,000 on them.

I made a claim on first blow out from4 month ago, and took about 6 weeks to get resoled, in which my work truck that is fully stock to do electrical work sat not able to be used. losing every day from to many trips to supply house, not having tools, and looking like a idiot in a unmarked truck due to the fact they delayed the process. I lost approx. 350 to 400 each day for 6 weeks.

***** now I have blow out #2 only 1,000 miles later and 6 months later again on cooper tires.

this is not right. I told cooper tire company representative that I wanted all the rest of the tires off my truck that I didn't like the review and complaints I see for the tires and I was told they cant unless they fail. ********** THEY DID AND AT THE RISK OF MY LIFE ****

COOPER TIRE COMPANY IS A FRAUD COMPANY AND THEY NEED TO TAKE CARE OF BAD TIRES IMMEDIATELY ....

I called on Thursday night about 10 pm and talked to a guy that took my info and the wait all day for a return call on Friday and nothing happen. I did get a call from discount tire company and I will get all tire off my truck with discount tire company.

I tried to work with them and they don't respond like they should.

damages to my business on first incident in the amount of $3500.
and for the second incident the dame $3500.

plus for not listen to me and removing the tires like I asked them nicely to do and putting my life in harms way. $3,0000
--------------total damages 10,000
this is before it go to them being sued. that is next step and I am working on that now. they can settle before I get to that status snad send out my check and I will stop with the customer alert on cooper tires that I will be posting too....

December 8, 2014

Consumer: ******* *******
Date of Loss: June 30, 2014
Our file #: *********

Dear Ms. *******:

We are in receipt of your e-mail notice dated December 4 , 2014 in reference to the above captioned consumer complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau.

Please be advised that Crawford & Company is the independent adjustment firm administering this matter on behalf of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company.

We understand the complainant, ******* *******, has expressed displeasure with the denial of his claim. We have reviewed our file materials and we offer the following in response.

This matter was reported to Cooper Tire & Rubber Company on July 2, 2014 and onto our office that same day. Mr. *******, reported to Cooper Tire & Rubber Company that he had purchased a tire from Discount Tire Company and the tire had failed causing damage to his vehicle. We forwarded correspondence to Mr. ******* detailing the requirements to submit a claim to Cooper Tire for review. Part of this requirement submission is that the tire in question be shipped at Cooper Tire's expense to their Home Office facility whereby it is identified and inspected for cause of damage or failure.

After receipt of the tire and inspection by the staff at Cooper Tire & Rubber it was determined that there were no defects with the tire whatsoever and the tire did not qualify for settlement. However, as a matter of "good will" Cooper Tire agreed to pay the damages to the consumer's vehicle based on estimates submitted by Mr. *******. A copy of a portion of the letter sent to Mr. ******* on August 4, 2014 is copied below:

"Cooper has reviewed your claim, including a visual inspection of the subject tire. The tire was found to be free of any material, workmanship, and/or design flaws. However, in the interest of your continued satisfaction and as a matter of customer goodwill only, we have issued a check in the amount of $649.15 to fully resolve your claim. By making this payment, Cooper in no way admits that it has any legal obligation or responsibility to do so, or that it has any liability for the incident.

The above amount represents the estimate from our appraiser.

We appreciate your selection of Cooper Tire & Rubber. If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our office."

We regret that Mr. ******* is not pleased with the outcome of this matter but Cooper Tire & Rubber's findings were that there were no defects or flaws with the tire in question and therefore no liability on their part.

Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

****** *. *****
Service Center Manager
Direct dial: ************
e-mail: **************************

10/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Water Damage June 22nd 2014, adjuster comes out with a team tears apart the home and no one ever returns, no money, no repair no nothing.
June 22nd 2014, an adjuster from Crawford & Company is sent out by **** the insurance provider. They come out and brought a team of people to take out the carpet padding, cutout sheet rock, et.
My basement is tore apart, my children have no bedrooms.
I have been told by the adjuster that she submitted her paperwork the first week in July. I have contacted my insurance company and they have replied with numerous reasons, ******** *********** 18, 2014 at 1:51 p.m. CT
We apologize for the delay in your claim. It appears the adjuster that was assigned (****** ********** is no longer with Crawford and Company. I have sent another request for the update from her supervisor.)
******** ************ 22, 2014 at 10:14 a.m. CT
I apologize, I have made a call to Crawford and Company requesting this be cleared up immediately. ****** is no longer working there and the person assigned to your file thereafter had a family emergency and we were not notified. This has been escalated to their management team. I have been advised I should hear something ASAP.)
These are not the first excuses.

I have been told by several other adjusters and insurance companies that my claim should have been dealt with in a two week time frame.

I am surprised this company has so many good reviews.
My children start school in 9 days. the have no bedroom, they have all, ( FOUR CHILDREN) sleeping in my room. FOUR CHILDREN have no dressers, we have had to keep the FOUR children's clothing in milk crates in the living room.

MY four children have not had an area to play in since June 22nd. All of their beds and doors and molding are scattered throughout the house and garage.
We have had a suffocated summer, not been able to use our house, or live the way we should, sleep the way we should et.
We pay our insurance premiums and the insurance company pays you to do a job.

You came out tore my house apart and never came back to fix it.
The claims adjuster made her report, submitted it and what?

The hold up of my families life starts with your company. We cannot move on until you do your job.
My children start school IN 9 DAYS! They have no BEDROOMS! they have no dressers they have no beds! they do not even have walls! or carpet padding!

We have been living in my bedroom and the living room since JUNE 22nd! When will you complete the job you were paid or contracted and paid to do! My insurance company cannot move forward until Crawford and Company has done their job!

The adjuster was great, I do not understand the hold up NOW! she worked diligently and quickly and the company themselves cannot follow through?

I want my claim submitted to the insurance company I want my children's bedrooms back! I want our standards life back! I want my house back I want my garage back. I want to live and function in the home I bought and pay premiums for.

September 19, 2014

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are in receipt of the consumer's correspondence dated August 26, 2014 regarding the above captioned matter. Crawford & Company is a third party administrator for **** ******** & ******** ********* Company.

Ms. ******* ***** expressed displeasure with the handling of the above claim. A review of our file indicates the handling was, in fact, not at the level of the standards required by our company.

However, that said, a resolution satisfactory to all parties has now been reached.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned to discuss.

****** ** ******** Sr.
MSIM, CPCU, CLU, ChFC, ArM, AIC
Assistant Vice President

******

05/15/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues
04/24/2015Delivery Issues
07/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Crawford and Company, adjustor, **** ****** came out to our property last month, involving an issue with the City Of Phoenix, a small claim amount of only $81.77! Due to an oil spill twice involving the Waste Mgmt. garbage truck! I have asthma and the city was NOT doing anything to clean up our street. This happened in January and the city would NOT do anything to clean the street. My husband and myself and two neighbors had to spend hours cleaning up the street. Still we needed heavy equipment to clean more, I spoke to *** ***** Supervisor of Waste Mgmt at ************ on 1/24/14 and he was going to take care of the issue! February still called several times, he never called back. I had to call Water Dept/Eric/lead supervisor again as no reply from Mr *****! Eric transferred me to Risk Mgmt, and they were to send me a claim form! Finally ******* ****** of the City called in March and the street was finally cleaned late March! It would of never been done if I wasn't persistent, the neighbors counted on me to get our street clean! Crawford and Co. (**** ******) stated " no problem on getting reimbursed the bill I paid to the City of Phoenix," it was much higher due to all the water we had to use to clean our street ourselves, all the time I had invested just asking for the $81.77 reimbursement from the City! I just received a letter from Crawford and Co., denying the reimbursement! Stating " The City responded quickly, that's ridiculous 3 months isn't quick!!!! Without my actions nothing would of been done, we are taxpayers and this is WRONG! This adjustor needs to do his job, the City pays him thousands for a small claim like this! We demand to be reimbursed the $81.77!

As stated above to be reimbursed our bill of $81.77, as the adjustor stated on his visit to our property!

**** 27, 2014

RE: Case ID ********
Insured: City of Phoenix
Claimant: **** ********
Date of Loss: March 3, 2014
File No.: *******

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are in receipt of the consumer's complaint dated **** 16, 2014 in reference to the above captioned matter. Please be advised Crawford & Company is the third party administrator for the City of Phoenix.

In her complaint, Ms.******** expressed displeasure with the handling of her claim. We have reviewed our file and offer the following in response.

Ms.******** asserted a Waste Management garbage truck leaked large amounts of hydraulic fluid on a large section of West Mariposa Grande. The complainant indicates the City did not completely clean the street leaving residue in which the claimant and other neighbors attempted to clean the street. As a result of their efforts, the complainant indicated she was seeking reimbursement of $81.77 from the City for the increase in her water bill from said efforts.

This loss was assigned to Crawford & Company and adjuster **** ****** investigated this matter. The adjuster did meet with Ms.********, however he disputes indicating that this claim would be processed as alleged. The adjuster obtained the pertinent facts of the loss from Ms.******** as well as individuals from the Public Works Department.

Adjuster ****** reported his findings to our principal, the City of Phoenix. At their request, a denial letter was forwarded to Ms.******** indicating 1) the City responded to clean the area, 2) the city hired a subcontractor the steam clean the street, 3) the street where this incident occurred is a public street and any action taken by the complainant was voluntary.

Our office handled this matter in an appropriate manner and we disagree this matter was handled incorrectly.

******* *. *****
Team Manager II
Crawford & Company

I disagree, because if I wouldn't have contacted the City of Phoenix, several times, they wouldn't of cleaned OUR street, this is our home and our neighbors homes and I shouldn't of had to keep calling them to finally have them do their JOB! We are taxpayers and we pay a lot of money every year to have our streets maintained properly and safely. I have asthma and due to the fact that the CITY didn't do their job, I had to keep calling them and the neighbors kept asking when is the CITY going to do their JOB and clean up OUR street, we live here, we pay taxes! The adjuster for Crawford and Company, **** ******, stated "I should be reimbursed the small dollar amount, since it's been such a hassle" not sure why he would change what he had stated to me! He was also late for our appointment at our home and we rushed home to meet him, we had personal family business due to a death in the family, so we had to miss an appointment! Why the City of Phoenix would spend OUR tax dollars for an insurance company's fees for such a small amount, they should of done their JOB to begin with! This is so wrong for something the City of Phoenix could of handled their self, instead of wasting our money! This matter was handled very inappropriately by the City of Phoenix and Crawford and Company! Also when I called Mr ****** of Crawford and Company when we received the letter denying the claim, I asked for the contact person at the City of Phoenix so I could speak with them or send a letter, Mr. ****** refused to give it to me, I also sent him an email, he stated on the phone "he was the ONLY person I could speak to! This is extremely unprofessional behavior!

July 14, 2014

RE: Case ID ********
Insured: City of Phoenix
Claimant: ************
Date of Loss: March 3, 2014
File No.: *******

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are in receipt of the consumer's follow up response dated July 2, 2014 in reference to the above captioned matter.

As previously stated, Crawford & Company is the third party administrator assigned by the City of Phoenix to investigate this matter. Our adjuster did meet with Ms.******** as well as individuals from the Public Works Department and secured the pertinent facts on the loss.

Adjuster ****** reported his findings to our principal, the City of Phoenix, and at their request, a denial letter was forwarded.

******* *. *****
Team Manager II
Crawford & Company

You can't win with the City of Phoenix or their Insurance Company! I have no more time to waste on this, it's not a life or death situation, and life is too short to continue going round and round!

They didn't do their Job, either parties, but PLEASE keep this complaint on file.

Thank you!