2-10 Home Buyers Warranty

BBB Serving Metro Atlanta, Athens & Northeast Georgia no longer processes complaints against this company. Any complaints are directed to BBB serving Denver, CO for processing. For a full report contact BBB located in Denver, CO at (303) 758-2100 or http://denver.bbb.org. Prior to 04/23/2013 this company's complaints were handled locally. The following data represents complaints processed by this BBB prior to 04/23/2013.

09/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

2-10https://atlanta.ebindr.com/ebindr/images/icons16x/redact-one.gif continues to ignore my opt out request and sends me renewal offers. Also, 2-10 *** unprofessionally handled HVAC repair request around 3.25.13
First, I numerously requested that 2-10 does not solicit me with promotional offers and renewals. The company disrespects my privacy requests and continues to solicit me with renewal invoices.

Second, when I needed an HVAC repair, 2-10 customer service scheduled an unlicensed company, ***** ********, with horrible BBB reputation. *** refused to give me any identifying or licensing information when I requested it. I requested a manager and was denied that also. I called back and spoke to Mgr. who scheduled ********************* instead. Then it was replaced with ************ which also had very poor BBB ratings. Finally, almost 2 weeks later, a service man appeared to handle the issue. I was shocked with complete professionalism at 2-10. The company tries to schedule unlicensed shady "professionals" to visit homes of the insured. This is illegal and is in violation of the international building codes and ICC

I demand an apology, immediate cessation of any solicitation and sharing of my information.

I do not want anything to do with 2-10 compay in the future after this contract is over. The company must be held responsible for its poor and disrespectful business practices.

September 24, 2013

The Office of the President at Home Buyers Resale Warranty Corporation ("HBW") has received the complaint submitted by *** ********. Thank you for the opportunity to review and respond.

First, HBW would like to apologize to *** ******** for any frustrations he may have experienced during the claim handling experience. It is important for *** ******** to understand the individual technicians working for an independent service contractor such as ************ operate under the owners Master Technician license.

Additionally, our records and those of the Better Business Bureau website indicates that ************ has an "A+" rating while not being a BBB accredited company as well as *********** has a "B" rating while also not being an accredited company.

HBW has added *** ******** to our Do Not Contact database to ensure he will not receive any further contact from our company regarding any renewal offers. We thank *** ******** for bringing his concerns to our attention as we take these matters seriously.

**** *****
Office of the President
Home Buyers Resale Warranty Corporation

Dear *****

Please kindly do not steer the attention away from the true issue, and, please kindly avoid me as "frustrated."

I requested an apology not for my frustration, but for the company's disrespecting my opt out request and numerously mishandling the claim process. I will not be satisfied until a proper apology is issued.

Please note that your rating for *** ******** is useless because you failed to provide the date for this rating and the source of this rating. AT THE TIME of the incident, *** ******* had an unacceptable rating on BBB & *****'s list. More so, AT THE TIME (I'm sure you have records), your staff outright refused my request for ANY identification of the service companies your staff was recommending. If your claim is true and these companies had such stellar reputation, I do not see any reason whatsoever to hide this information from your clients! I cannot be any more clear on that.

Please kindly handle this matter with all the respect and seriousness it deserves. If you are stating "the facts," kindly justify each one with a reputable source and other information it requires to be accepted as a fact!

I hope 2-10 Home Warranty will stay on course in the next reply.

Best Regards,