BBB Accredited Business since 01/17/2014

Digital Interiors, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/21/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

In November of 2014 I was discussing the possibility of having Digital Interiors do some work in my home. Some equipment of mine had failed and they were making a proposal to fix it. They removed some equipment from my home. Without my verbal or written authorization, they tried to diagnose the issue. They never told me that they would be charging for their time and it was my understanding that they were taking the equipment away to make a proposal. I ended up choosing another provider because I thought they would be a better fit for me (which they were). The next time I heard from DI is when I received a bill from them for 6 hours of labor at $125/hour. I never approved that work in any way. The total bill was for $750.Upon several occasions, I offered to pay half that amount - not because I owed it, but because I did not want them to lose money in my interaction with them. This was solely offered by me out of good will, and NOT because I thought it was justified. I just received a very threatening letter from them stating that they will take legal action, report me to the credit bureaus and charge me for "interest, legal fees, processing fees, collection fees and court costs". I need the help of the BBB to help resolve this. If I need to, I will hire a lawyer and defend myself in the courts, but I will also be forced to counter sue for my time, court costs, legal fees, etc.. I would prefer to avoid that situation, if I can.

While I am tempted to revoke my offer to pay half of their unauthorized charges, I will agree to do that once more so that this issue goes away for everyone. Otherwise, I will need to play this out in the courts.

The company contacted me and accepted my offer to cover half of the unauthorized invoice. This is what I had proposed months ago. So, the issue is resolved. I think having the BBB complaint on file influenced them to do the right thing. Thanks for your help.

06/03/2016Problems with Product / Service
11/05/2014Problems with Product / Service

Home Automation, Lighting Systems & Equipment, Security Systems Consultants, Access Control Systems, Fire Protection Consultants, Audio-Visual Consultants, Television & Radio - Dealers, Home Theater, Lighting Consultants, Fire & Smoke Alarm Systems