BBB Accredited Business since 02/18/2011

Omega Heating & Air, Inc.

18 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months

02/10/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have an old house with two AC units, one day I noticed that some water was near the air handling unit and I decided to call this guys, Once they were checking the units, they said one has a gas leaking and the other has no gas, so they fix the gas leaking, the water leaking and charged the gas. They also offered us a maintenance contract that we agreed to buy. After two months we call them because the units were not working. Then they said that both units were broken and need to be replaced. At this point I cannot replace them so I decided to cancel out the maintenance agreement, since there is nothing to maintain, the units no longer work. First we call them but they do not want to cancel out the agreement, so I follow the written instructions in the back of the agreement and sent them a written notice around two months ago, but so far we have no news. I was trying to contact them by email but no answer as well.
Product_Or_Service: Maintenance agreement
Account_Number: Under the name of Ar

I just want to cancel out the agreement since they received my written notice and have the refund for the unused period. Thank you.

We have come to a refund agreement with this customer. His check has been cut and we have informed him that he can come pick it up at our offices immediately.

Finally I got my partial refund. The experience with these guys was hard from start to finish. Even with the refund, I ended up paying more than $300 just to realize that both system are broken, I waste my time as well first trying to fix the systems, then trying to get my refund... They left a very sour flavor, even at this point they still in the position that they are making me a huge favor granting me a partial refund. Definitively this business has a lack of honesty by far.

09/16/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was charged $189 for Electrical Modifications. No modifications were made during the service and install.
During a long process to have an HVAC issue resolved, Omega Heating and Air was chosen as the vendor through my Home Warranty Company, 2-10 Home Warranties. The final repair was to replace the external condenser and I had to agree to Non-Covered Charges prior to the completion of the service. Charges were presented as follows: %50 Disposal Fee, $50 Copper Modification, $75 Pad, & $189 Electrical Modification. Upon completion and my inspection, the pad was not replaced and there were no electrical modification. I reported this to Omega and they agreed to remove the pad fee ($75) but refused to change the charge for the Electrical Modification. Their response was that modifications are required in order to install the new type of condenser. They simply disconnected the old wiring and reconnected it to the new system. Installation was performed but there were not modifications. Modification is defined as: the act or process of changing parts of something. Nothing was changed regarding the electrical components. I believe this charge to be erroneous and when I confronted Omega about the charge, they threatened legal action if I did not pay the charge. I ultimately paid the charge, however I still dispute that it was legitimate and ethical.

$189 for electrical modifications which were not made.

Omega's management contacted me after receiving the complaint via the BBB to discuss a resolution. After further discussion and providing proof that no electrical modifications were made, Omega is complying with my request and providing a full refund for that specific line item on my invoice.

09/01/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

On June 10th tune up service was done we had a coupon for a free carbon monoxide detector it was told to them when the appt was made. when the tech
completed the job he stated that he did not have the carbon monoxide detector with him that they would send it to me . The tech even wrote the info on the service slip. Every wk since having the service completed i have called about the detector and they say that they are out but when it comes in we will bring it to my home, mail it, or some reason. i have even spoke with the owner Mr.****** twice about this he also stated that he would send it out. I have left a message and told him that i will contact the BBB about false advertisement. I have not gotten a response from them in about 2 months.

I would like to have my carbon monoxide detector as advertised.

We have provided this customer with his CO detector as advertised

Because i had to file a complaint with BBB in order to get what was advertise and it took 10 weeks. Every week i was told i would get the detector from the secretary,manager and owner. I still think that i should take this to the state for false advertisement because if i had not filed a complaint with BBB i still would not have gotten the detector.

08/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Omega Heating and Air conditioning installed a new air handler in my home under a home warranty contract in the Jan 2014 time frame. They listed a charge on the bill for a new electrical connection. When I questioned the installer about it he said he did not install a new connection and I would have to talk with *** about it. They also listed a new filter which was never installed and it is still setting in the attic. When I spoke to *** he said he would have to talk to the technician. This is where the stall and not calling back began. I have contacted the warranty company on about 10 occasions to report this and they call Omega to check on the issue and are always told the check will go out today. Well the check has been in the mail for 6 months and still not received. *** tried to make me believe they forgot to install the new connection and would refund the charge but I believe he just got caught trying to fraud me out of the money for the connection not knowing I had mechanical knowledge and in fact work on some air conditioning units while in the Air Force so I know something about the systems. I believe this was an intentional fraud and should be dealt with in the most severe and criminal way.

Pay restitution for the over charges for the electrical connection and filter and compensation for all the pain, suffering and time I have experienced and wasted trying to resolve this matter. This company should have a mark put against them. I've attempted to have my warranty company discontinue using this company as one of their repair companies. It bad for business to be using dishonest companies for repairs you warranty.

We are issuing a refund to this customer today and will include an additional gift certificate as a show of good will. We apologize for the time it has taken to resolve this issue.

My choice of yes or no of accepting the response from the business limits me in my response. Yes they FINALLY paid me MY money they tried to STEAL from me and yes they did provide a measley $15 gift certificate, which is an insult to me for the amount of time, effort and grief this businees has put me and my family through. I make that in about ten minutes and I have spent hours dealing with this company. I finally got my air conditioner working after another company came out and found the unit they installed was low on freon because Omega had left a cap loose from the outside unit and it leaked freon out and had to be charged. Fortunately for me and the other business that fixed it I didn't get charged for Omegas mistake and oversite and the new company made some money. Hopefully the warranty company went back against Omega to get these charges back. Yes you can close this file because I won't EVER have to worry about Omega again, they will never do anywork for me or any of my friend and associates as I let everyone I know what they did and how they operate. Good riddens. Accepted but no satisfied!

05/30/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

After spending $5,000 on a new HVAC, and extended warranties, Omega charged me $400 to re-weld the joints that they had put together.
After only having owned the $5,000 HVAC for 2 years, I woke up with two inches of water underneath the unit and absolutely no air coming from the vents on a 90 degree day. A technician came out two hours after the window the manager had given to me and 1 day after the AC had been out. The technician was unprofessional, complained about the gated community security guards, and eventually got the AC back on, but it was blowing hot air. He told me he had "no clue" why all of the water was there, and then had to use all of MY towels to soak it up. After 30 minutes, he told me that workers would need to come back out and fix a leak and he left. I asked him if I need to initiate the next visit and he said NO. Last, he collected a $70 check from me for a service call. The following day, I awoke to 3 inches of water underneath the HVAC. I called back and spoke to a polite receptionist who called me throughout the day to schedule another appt. since she had not heard from the technician about a broken pipe that needed fixing. Later that afternoon, two technicians (******** and *****) came out to fix the issue. They were very respectful and fixed what they could. However, they could not tell me what my labor AND parts warranties entailed so I had to call 2 different people at Omega. When a manager eventually called me back, he told me that the joint they had welded two years previously had broken and 5 gallons of Freon had run out. He also told me NONE of this was covered under the parts and labor warranties that I had purchased with the unit. Overall, I am displeased with how Omega handled this situation. They welded the pipes that flow the freon into the unit and they should have fixed them without charge. If I paid $5,000 two years ago and I even allowed the HOA of our complex to use them as a preferred HVAC group, I expect better service.

I would like a full refund.

The business has offered to return to our property to fix the recurring issues. The manager, ******, was very apologetic about the inconvenience that this caused us. Thank you.

03/28/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I HAD AMANA HEAT AND AIR SYSTEM INSTALLED.THERE WERE PROBLEMS WITH THE SMELL OF GAS THAT WENT OM ALL SUMMER. AFTER GOING BACK AND FORTH WITH HIS TECH WHO LIED AN SAID THEY DID NOT SMELL GAS WHICH OF THEM FINALLY WAS RESOLVE SOMEWHAT BECAUSE WE STILL SMELL IT.THEY PUT US OFF UNTIL ONE MONTH BEFORE THE ISTALLATION WARRANTY EXPIRE. AT THAT POINT THE CONDENSATION PAN WOULD NOT DRAIN.I CALL THE OFFICE AN ASK FOR SOMEONE TO COME OUT AND WAS TOLD THEY WERE VERY BUSY AN TO DRAIN IT MYSELF WITH MY SHOP VAC.I HAD GET A TECH FROM RELIABLE WHO SHOULD HAVE DONE BUSINESS WITH TO THE DRAIN LINE WAS NEVER CHANGE. I CALLED AN NO ONE COME SO I DRAIN IT MYSELF,THEN IT STOP WORK FRUSTRATED AND HOT RELIABLE CAME BACK AND HAD TO INSTALL A VARIABLE SPEED MOTOR MODULE WHICH COST ME 225.00 FOR LABOR BECAUSE THE PART WAS COVERED.WHILE A OUR HOUSE I ASK THE TECH WHY THE SYSTEM MAKES A HOWLING NOISE, HE INFORM ME THAT MY INDUCER DRAFT MOTOR IS BAD AND THE INSTALLER NEVER PUT ON MY TOGGLE SWITCH.THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE A BAD PRODUCT AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE WHILE UNDER WARRANTY AT A COST OF $5200.00

I AM NOT TRYING TO GET MY MONEY I WANT A SYSTEM INSTALLED PROPERLY THAT RUNS THE WAY IT SHOULD. JUST GIVE ME WHAT I PAID FOR. I DONT THINK THATS ASKING TO MUCH.THIS COMPANY IS A PIECE OF WORK AN NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED .THEY ARE BAD FOR CONSUMERS. STAND BEHIND YOUR WORK AN DONT RIP THE PUBLIC OFF.

We're not sure what this client is asking for. After his many complaints regarding the smell of gas we paid for Atlanta Gas Light to go to his home. They found no sign of a gas leak. Once Atlanta Gas Light determines there is no leak, there is nothing left for us to check. Mr ******'s furnace does require a new induced-draft motor. We informed Mr ****** on 3/16 at approximately 1130am that his part was on order and should be available for install by 3/23. Although Mr ******'s current warranty covers parts only, we have also informed him that we will cover the labor portion of this repair as well. In other words, Mr ****** will not be charged anything for this repair (normally the labor portion would be chargeable). Once this repair is complete, the system will return to it's proper operating performance.

09/28/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We went over the contract several times with 2 different people from this comapny before making the appointment for the installation and agreeing to the contract. Several days later they called and stated they gave me the incorrect agreement and if I do not sign the new agreement under the new terms they will start the process of uninstalling my unit. Final outcome, the new agreement was not signed and the actual financial company called me and said he wouldn't sign it either. I advised that I had contacted an attorney and the financial company agreed with my decision and stated that the original contract will be accepted. Finally, my warranty company called them and advised this comapny that they needed to come and install the thermostat and they never showed. I called and the owner (******) claim they never received the order. I know they did because the warranty company gave me an appointment time that the company had made. ****** was still asking about the new agreement and I explained that it's settled with the financial company and if he had any further questions and/or concerns to speak directly to the financial company that they had the agreement.

I dont want any further contact with this company. At this point they have shown a couple of times that this isnt a honest business. 1st by going back on a written agreement after installation waw completed, and the 2nd was they said they didn't have an order to replace my thermostat when my warranty company spoke to them directly and set up an appointment that they never showed up to complete. Also, the owner (******) was more concerned about a contract being revised then the no-show.

Ms****** simply received her finance paperwork on the wrong form. All we were trying to do was transfer the exact same terms over to the proper form at the request of the finance company. We do not understand why this attempt to correct and error was unreasonable in the eyes of the customer. This consumer has not provided a desired resolution that requires performance of any kind on our part. As she has requested, we have no intention of contacting her further.

That is incorrect, Omega said that they would need to change my agreement from no payment until 3/2016 at $28.00 to making monthly payments of $146.00 per month for the next 6 months. The financial company agree as well that those were the new terms paying within 6 months. Yes, the agreement was on the incorrect form because the new form would have the new agreement and that is why I refused to sign the corrected agreement. They did try to contact me on today, Friday September 25th early afternoon and I didn't answer my phone.

09/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Called this company to my home because thermostat didn't appear to be regulating furnace. one technician came out on 11/22/13 and check the furnace and stated it was in good working order. He also replaced two thermostats...the one on the main level was busted and need replacement, and he replaced it with a thermostat that I purchased, and the one on the upper level was purchased from Omega. I was charge $250.00 which was the price for the purchase of 2 thermostats....as indicated on the invoice! Omega was called out again bc the furnace completely stopped working... the "supervisor" ****** ******" came and located the zone panel and stated 2 zone dampers needed to be replaced at $427.00 per damper and assured me $125.00 of the money previously paid for the purchase of the thermostat would be refunded. As of the date of this complaint, Mr. ****** has been un-responsive and has refused to refund my monies. He wrote on the receipt that he would "speak to his manager concerning refund" when in fact he is the owner!!!!

Refund $125.00 promptly.

Mr ****** has spoken with consumer and offered to refund the amount billed in error for the consumer's thermostat. He asked that the consumer would only pay for the labor involved in installing her thermostat which was $59. This would make her total refund amount $66. Mr ****** is awaiting a response from consumer as to whether or not she accepts these terms which are fair and reasonable since we did install her thermostat for her. We are prepared to issue this refund immediately upon hearing from the consumer.

On or about November 22, 2013 a technician came to my home to investigate why my heat was not working properly. The technician stated I needed to replace my thermostats when it turned out to be my zone dampers. The technician installed a touch pad thermostat that I already had and installed a standard Emerson thermostat to my upstairs. The Emerson stopped working shortly after installation. Not only was I overcharged for the thermostat installation, my damper was damaged....a wire was cut and the technician failed to disclose this. I had to hire another HVAC who informed me of this fact. I will to have all of my money refunded because I had to pay someone else to correct their defective work and I was overcharged for a thermostat and installation of a thermostat to the tune of $250.00.
Product_Or_Service: November 22, 2013
Order_Number: *****

DesiredSettlementID: Refund
Total refund of $250.00

At this point we are willing to refund the original amount of $125 to the customer for the thermostat issue. It is not reasonable to assume that a second HVAC company can determine that Omega is liable for some other existing issue; therefore, we cannot assume responsibility for the additional wiring issues. Once the customer replies in acceptance of this offer, we will forward the payment immediately.

08/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company was sent out to service my A/C. After leaving my air conditioner was not working anymore and there was water damage to my ceiling.
On July 1st 2014 Omega Heating and Air came out to service my two A/C units, they also came out on 7/8/14 and back a few days later. The only unit that seemed not to be blowing properly was the downstairs unit but I just wanted the upstairs unit checked as well. Omega Heating and Air was the company who came out and they were anything but helpful. After three visits the problem still was not fixed and to make matters worse the owner of the company ****** ******, pumped water into my A/C unit and it all leaked out in my ceilings causing damage upstairs and downstairs. ****** ****** then sent ***** ** **** out who was very pleasant and worked over an hour to repair the problem that he also called ****** about and verbalized that he caused a major problem in my house. ***** **** explained to me that there was a clog that was never fixed when his boss came out the first time. ****** explained and even put on the original write up that he fixed all problems and declogged the system which kept the downstairs unit from performing properly. After the company "serviced" my units, the one I never had a problem with completely stopped working and water began to pour out the ceiling and my bathroom vent. After shutting the unit off I tried contacting the company several times they fiinally came back out and once again the unit was leaking and even leaked into the downstairs kitchen. Never had this issue and its frustrating because I am a new homeowner. ****** ****** will not return any calls or messages and was adamant about not being responsible for damage that him and his company has caused. Even after being contacted by the original contractor ********** Omega Heating and Air has not taken responsibility for there actions or lack there of. I would never recommend this company for any work and I want my ceiling proper fixed/repainted.

I would like my ceiling repaired and repainted like Omega Heating and Air told Utilipro that they would do. Or reimburse me and I'll have the ceiling repaired myself or we can go to court for both the damages and pain and suffering of no air for two weeks in 90 degree weather.

I will contact Ms ****** and schedule a carpenter to go take a look and give estimate to repair.

08/19/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was charged for a Comprehensive Maintenance Agreement and fee that I requested to be cancelled at the same date and time the agreement was written. The representative informed me that I would only be charged for the air condition compressor repair, but then later that day the Sales Technician, ****** ****** called me and angrily stated that he is charging me for the Maintenance Agreement even though I requested to cancel it because his commission would be affected. This is unethical business dealings, theft by taking, and poor customer service. Also Omega Heating & Air company allows its technicians and salesmen to trick customers into getting Maintenance agreements, HVAC, and warranties that they do not want or need.
Product_Or_Service: Comprehensive Maintenance Agreement

I was charged $384 for a service warranty when I requested to pay only the $226.00 for the Air Compressor repair.

We have already resolved this issue with the consumer.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Heating Contractors, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential