BBB Accredited Business since 10/19/2012

Air Design Air Conditioning & Heating, Inc.

11 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

10/22/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

September 4, 2015My wife and I have repeated issues with our air conditioning service provider. Air Design has been out to our home on a couple of occasions only to have the unit fail after 2 to 3 months. They came to our home on July 2015 to replace a part but now the unit is broken again. The seem to always send out someone that is not competent or doesn't thoroughly diagnose the unit. This company claims to be a member of the Better Business Bureau but I was unable to locate them in the directory. This company is proving that they are not worthy of such membership. My wife and I are extremely dissatisfied with this company. My wife also mentioned that they have several complaints on the Yelp website.

To fix the problem right the first time so we can live comfortably for an extensive period of time.......not just a few months. Also, a thorough diagnosis of the unit would be sufficient. * *****

The company has solved all of my issues and I would like to withdraw my complaint. If you have any questions you may contact me at ************.

*. ******

09/03/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased an Annual Preventive Maintenance (PM) Service Plan for $225 on 6/6/15. During this service, the technician checked and cleaned the coils of both my A/C units and I was told all was running well. On 7/17/15 (a little over a month later) one of my units stopped working. As a PM customer, one of my benefits, according to the plan I was sold, was service with 24 hours and service ahead of customer without a PM plan. When I called Air Design, the receptionist put me on hold and resumed the call and told me that I had to call my Warranty company and an appointment would be set up that way. She also told me that she could not dispatch a technician and that someone (*******) would call me to explain the plan to me. The reason I purchased the PM plan was to make sure my equipment was maintained and to assure that I'd get service when I needed it, which I planned to tell ******* when I heard from him. I did not receive a call back from *******, and honestly didn't expect to. The following day, 7/18/15, I called my home warranty company to set up an appointment with a different A/C company to look at and repair my unit. That A/C company serviced my unit on 7/19/15 (2 parts were replaced) and all is working well as of today (8/17/15). I wrote, in detail, to Air Design's CEO, ******* ********, requesting a full refund of the $225 I paid on 6/6/15, but haven't received a call or letter responding to my complaint.
Product_Or_Service: Annual HVAC Preventative Maintenance Contractl

A full refund of $225.00. I was not given an official contract, but do have a copy of the PM brochure and cancelled check.

Hello *******,

I just went into my claim and responded that I did not hear from Air Design. Would you believe that right after I hit "submit," I received a call from them and they are refunding my money this week. I went back into the claim, and I'm not able to undo or resubmit. What shall I do?

Thank you.

******

05/27/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On 22-May-2012, Air Design sent a service tech to my home to service my AC. The technician came around 11:00 am. The AC worked fine until later that afternoon. I called the company the following morning (23-May-2014)to get the technician back to my home. The person that answered the telephone said that they could get a technician back out to the house between 10am to 2 pm. I informed her that was not possible since I was at work. I asked her when was the next available day that I could get someone to look at the AC. She said tomorrow between 10am to 2 pm. That would have made it Saturday. I agreed. I was home the entire day of the scheduled service......no service tech nor telephone call. The follow up customer service was poor to say the least.Now I am in a home without AC during the Memorial Day weekend. I tried to call Air Design, but was unable to reach anyone or leave a message.BEFORE YOU USE THIS COMPANY....CHECK OUT OTHER OPTIONS.

That my initial $85 service fee be refunded since they did not honor their agreement and I will have to call another company to service my AC unit.

The service tech came over 2 hours late. The issue is resolved.

01/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Initially reported A/C issues in late Aug 2013.Through warranty co. Air Design was contracted.Air Design reported that a damper motor needed to be replaced to get the air to flow properly from vents on the 2nd FL of home (replaced 9/20/13 for $495) and compressor replacement to get A/C working 1st FL and 2nd FL of home (covered by warranty co. replaced on 9/24/13, $240 in disposal fees paid by me). Reopened case on 11/18 nw/warranty co. air not flowing from vents on 2nd FL again; Air Design came to home and said issue was blower motor.Tech said he would report back to warranty co.I checked with warranty co. everyday from 11/19-11/26.They had no report from Air Design on the issue.On 11/29,I went online to check the workorder and it was reported by Air Design the work at my property had been completed and work order was closed.I reopened work order and demanded warranty co. to send Air Design back to property.On 12/9 the tech from Air Design came to property could barely speak or understand English language.Spoke w/Mr.******** and demanded more experienced tech be sent immediately.New tech sent within 2 hrs.New tech checked unit also said blower motor was bad and he would be back on 12/12 to replace.Same tech returned 12/12, spent 1.5 hours working outside on unit, came in to test and no air flowing from 2nd floor vents.Tech goes into garage closet.Reports 30 minutes later the damper motor replae by Air Design on 9/20 was defective. Indicated he would report back to office and warranty co.I called warranty co. on 12/16; they told me Air Design was coming to my property to replace blower motor on 12/17.No appt. was confirmed with me.Called Air Design to discuss;was told I would receive a callback from Mr. ********.Never heard from him.At 6:10pm on 12/18,received call from warranty co. indicating Air Design requesting I pay another $50 service fee for install blower. At 6:15 I received a call from Air Design's number where they let the call ring in twice and then they hung up.
Product_Or_Service: Damper Motor

I would like a refund on the $495 paid for damper motor.I received a callback from Mr. ******** on 1/2/14 after at least 10 attempts.I asked when was someone coming out to replace faulty damper motor his company installed on 9/20 his technician said on 12/12 was the reason for the air not flowing from the vents the 2nd fl.He told me the damper motor he replaced was for my upstairs unit.My upstairs unit never had any issues to start.All issues reported were levels 1&2 of home,not 3rd (upstairs).

Issue resolved on Jan 14 2014

09/02/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The technician name ******* came out to do a comprehensive check of my air condition which was not blowing cold but it was blowing hot air and he stated that there was a wiring issue that had nothing to do with the compressure that was bad that the other technician that they sent out said was the issue not so much the wiring because the unit was still even though the unit was still running. ******* also stated that he was going to call in the issue which was not called according the reception that we spoke to today. I though that when you find out something at a customers home and a insurance is involved that report need to be turned in at the end of that technicians shift.
Product_Or_Service: Air Condition Unit

Companies like this need to look at who they have working for them when dealing with customers. Just telling customers what they want to tell them just to get out of work.

Our company did have a technician out to diagnose the air conditioning unit for Mr. ********' property on August 1st, 2013 and diagnosed that there was a problem with their circuit breaker and service disconnect. That same day we suggested for Mr. ******** to contact his warranty company so that they could send an electrician out to his property and take care of his electrical problems, we also advised him to call us if he had any issue with his air conditioning unit. Our policy with Mr. ********' warranty company regarding warranty on the work performed is 90 days on parts and 30 days on labor; on which Mr. ******** could contact his warranty company and they would send us back out to diagnose his air conditioning unit at no additional cost if the malfunction of the unit was pertaining to the same issue as one the before.

We then received a recall from their warranty company on August 19, 2013 stating that his air conditioning was still not cooling; we sent a technician back out to the property on August 20, 2013. Technician replaced a condenser motor and a run capacitor on the air conditioning unit, the unit was working properly when technician left the property. We do apologize if we caused any inconvenience and to make it up we would like to offer Mr. ******** a free preventative maintenance to be used once during the fall of 2013, a retail price of $95. If Mr. ******** has any further issues regarding his air conditioning unit he may contact our office to advise us so that we can resolve the matter.

09/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

home warranty co sent air design heat was not working 1/2011 replaced compressor
1/2011 replaced compressor, fixed. continued to have problems heating and ac not cooling. had other ac companies look at unit. 6/25/14 ac company found problem. air design put 3 ton compressor in unit when we have 4 ton unit trane, compressor not trane ac design stripped threads and welded compressor to unit, so now we cannot just buy a compressor we have to buy new unit. they have not responded to our request to correct their error.

we are senior and are on a fixed income. we want air design to use their errors insurance and replace unit, which because of the new laws regarding ac units the air handler will have to be replaced also.

Contact Name and Title: ******* ********
Contact Email: *************************
We apologize for the delay in resolving complaint case #******** for Mr & Mrs *****. there was an oversight in our office, Mr ***** Home Owners Warranty send us a request for service on 12/02/2010, at the time we found the compressor was tripping the breaker and needed to be replaced, we provided the home warranty co. with the information of the equipment, make, model & serial #. This unit been a 4ton. The home owners warranty order the compressor for us base on the information given to them. On 12/17/2010, we installed a 42,000 btus compressor provided by the customer home owner warranty. On July/2014 Mr ***** call our office and said we have installed the wrong compressor, we send a tech. out on 07/03/2014 and found the condenser coil to be 80% clogged, we proceed to cleaned the coils with chemicals with h/o approval, found after doing this that the compressor had bad valves, this usually happened due to lack of maintenance as it was in this case. We contacted there home warranty and made them aware of the situation, we where told that this h/o was no longer a customer of them and for this reason they where not going to do anything since it has been almost 4 years since this job was done and that the compressor installed was a good size compressor for there unit.
we can't assume any liability since the part was provided to us by there home warranty co.

******* ********
Air Design A/C & Htg

09/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The company fraudulently tried to charge us for an unnecessary costly repair when the issue was resolved by another company by fixing their error.
Our 2nd floor AC unit was not cooling properly and was always a few degrees above what it should have been. We scheduled an appointment through our home warranty company for 6/20/14. Technician shows up and claims to have fixed the problem. He never returned to the upstairs to check if it was actually working. Upon him leaving I realized very soon after that the AC unit had completely shut down and wasn't working at all. We called immediately to let them know and they said they'd call us back, which they did not. The next morning we made a call to the warranty company and they put in another work order around 9 am and told us to work with the AC company to schedule the revisit. The AC company ignored our calls all day long. The only time they called us back was when we called to complain to the warranty company and the warranty company called the AC company. When they finally came out they replaced the thermostat and then tried to say it was the control panel and said they would have to order it. They left and didn't call us back for days. When we called they just replied that they'd call us when they knew when the part would be in. Upon finding out from the warranty company that the control panel wasn't covered by the warranty we decided to go elsewhere for our business due to the lack of customer service and incompetence by Air Design. The new AC company informed us that Air Design had installed the wrong type of thermostat because we have gas heating and the one they installed isn't compatible with how ours worked. Upon this new company installing the new thermostat he found that the pressure switch in the air handler had tripped. The control panel was fine. The fact that Air Design has not only been unprofessional but also tried to defraud us is unacceptable.

They need to refund our $75 back for the service call.

Contact Name and Title: ******* ********
Contact Email: *************************
Dear Mrs *******:

I apologize for the delay in resolving Complaint Case #27362596. There was an oversight in our office, and the refund for the service fee of $75, as the desired resolution will be mail immediately.

Respectfully yours,

******* ********
Air Design A/C & Htg

12/13/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company sent to repair furnace twice in three days. Workers claim repairs made and unit working properly. Deny gas leak even though there is an obvious gas smell. Local gas company shut unit down both days after "repair." Company refuses to recommend appropriate action to fix problem, ie - replacement of furnace.

Make appropriate recommendation to warranty company to replace unit.

he home warranty company for Mr. ******* , ******************** requires for the contractor to go out make a diagnosis on the unit, and replace the defective parts found at time of visit. Mr. ******* placed a claim with his warranty company on October 22 and an appointment was scheduled for the following day October 23. Once technician went to to the customer's property to diagnose his unit he found a bad flame sensor which would need to be replaced; since the flame sensor was a special model it was ordered with the part house and replaced on October 25. The customer then called back on October 28 with a possible recall from his warranty company stating that he was still having issues with his unit, an appointment was then scheduled for October 30 on which technician found a a bad gas valve which was replaced immediately that same day. Technician also found the unit having an issue with the vent pipe, which the warranty company would not cover. We did provide the warranty company as well as the customer an estimate of $295 to replace the vent pipe, the replacement of the vent pipe was not performed since the customer did not agree to the non-coverage expenses. Due to the fact that on the second visit the customer had warranty on the labor through his warranty company the deductible of $75 was waived since it was paid on the initial visit. Until this day the customer nor his warranty company have called back stating further issues with the unit. We do apologize for the bad experience that Mr. ******* might have had with our company, but hopefully our diagnosis was of help to him.

10/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We have contacted them several times and they do not show up for confirmed appointments. They missed two appointments without calling to explain.
They were scheduled to come to service our AC and did not show up. There was no call to tell us that they were not coming or that they would be late. We waited for four hours and called several times and got no answer while we were waiting. We then called the next day and they said that they gave the technician the wrong address and would have to reschedule. We had to wait four days to be able to reschedule a time when they were available. They showed up at the end of the four hour time range that they gave, worked for 15 minutes and said that they "fixed" the problem. Three hours later the air went out again because they obviously had not fixed anything. We called them back and were told that we had to wait another two days to get a THIRD appointment. Now we have been without AC for over a week. On the third scheduled appointment, we again confirmed before the appointment that they were coming and were told that they were. Then they never showed up again. We waited another four hours and got no phone calls or returned messages. They just didn't show up AGAIN!

We want the money that we paid them for the "repair" that they did not do or we want them to actually show up and fix the problem.

Air Design has sent a technician in various occasions to diagnose and perform repairs on Ms. *****'s air conditioning unit. Unfortunately, on every occasion that our technician was out at her property the air conditioning unit was working fine, and thus he was not able to find a problem to solve. After several attempts on trying to repair the issue with the air conditioning unit one of our technicians was finally able to detect repair the problem on why the air conditioning unit was not cooling, the final repairs were performed on Friday, September 13, 2013. We would like to add that on every visit that our technician made he would strive to diagnose and correct issue with the air conditioning unit. Air Design does apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused, but again our technician put in all his effort on detecting the correct malfunction on Ms. *****'s air conditioning unit until it was completely repaired.

06/15/2016Problems with Product / Service

Heating & Air Conditioning, Air Purifying & Cleaning Systems & Equipment, Heating Equipment, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair, Heating Contractors, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems