BBB Accredited Business since 02/22/2013

iCare Financial, LLC

Phone: (800) 862-7908Fax: (866) 815-2019

18 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 8 closed in last 12 months

05/19/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Extremely poor customer service at iCare. Please see below for full complaint.
I received information from iCare representative Mr. **** in May 2015 that the final payment on my iCare account would be in February 2016. When I contacted my dentist to confirm this, he indicated this was incorrect and my final payment would be processed in April 2016. In January 2016 I spoke with another iCare representative, Ms. *********, who was wholly unable to answer my question about the payment discrepancy. She was not able to provide complete documentation about the full amounts borrowed nor could she provide any payment history. She said I could 'check my own bank account if I wanted'. She further indicated she was eager to get this case off her desk and somehow missed a second voicemail I left for her saying the issue had not been resolved. I feel it is in no way unreasonable for a client to be able to verify amounts he/she has borrowed and payments made. I would never knowingly chose to do business with a company that could not provide this information.

I would like iCare to provide the full amount of money borrowed and the complete payment history. I would also like a full explanation why one representative at iCare said my payments would end in February 2016 and another said April 2016.

We have researched your account and have all your requested information. We cannot send it through this forum as it has all of your confidential information. Please contact us at 800-862-7908. Ask to speak with *******. She has your file information, and will provide it to you once you direct her on where you would like it to be sent. Thank you.

Business responded and issue has been resolved. Thank you.

04/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We signed up with iCare Financial to have a system for customers to be able to have a payment plan for repairs completed at my business. Once we paid for the service, iCare Financial failed to provide training as scheduled. We needed help processing a customer application, and our calls were not returned in a timely manner. Due to the lack of training, we were unable to process a customer for a payment plan, therefore, the system was useless. Due to the lack of customer service, we were unable to overcome the lack of training.
Product_Or_Service: iCare Financial System

We would like the program fees refunded in the amount of $398.00

After reviewing this case the client was contacted in regards to this matter to discuss the issues stated. After speaking with the client and addressing their concerns, the issues mentioned in this matter have been resolved and addressed in a timely manner with said client.

The company provided us with a refund as requested.

05/20/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We are a small dental practice and we signed up for I-Care to help with large cases. What we were not told were all the hidden fees that came along with it. They processed a patient's credit card 6 times. The patient fought it was given her money back, but we were charged $150 fee from the credit card company even though we did nothing. I emailed the company and received no response, called the company and had to leave voicemails. Also we verbally ended our contract in the middle of April with the company, but yet they still are showing us as active, and we are being charged $17.95 per month. Please help!
Product_Or_Service: financing

We would like the money that was taken from us due to I-Care's carelessness. The total owed is $167.95.

Contact Name and Title: *** ******** Director,CR
Contact Email: ********************************
We are pleased to share that both companies worked together in addressing this matter and that it has been resolved amicably as of 5/13/2014

07/09/2015Problems with Product / Service
10/29/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
04/13/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

My complaint is in regards to a dispute over funds owed to Icare financial. Dentist office Dr ***** ******* involved me with icare financial without my knowledge or consent to pay a bill to their dentist office. My credit solutions agent expressed to Icare that I had no knowledge of these payments until they started contacting me. My agent then proceed to ask for documentation of my bill and credit information and sign documentation or my willingness to participate in the icare program to be sent to myself or my agent to know avail. When asked over the phone what my bill was, the question couldn't be answered.

Here is the information they have provided

*****************************

www.icarefinancialcorp.com/(ams1)

**************

I would like to have no further contact with icare financial. I also would like a explanation of the charges brought against me without my knowledge. I have been confused and upset since icare has started contacting me. I have been even more confused since this is the second time I have tried to file a complaint against them and they can not even be found with the information they provided. I'm hoping to have some kind of resolution to this problem.

iCare has contacted ****** ***** via phone and left many messages as well as sending 2 letters. We have her signed agreement and would be happy to supply her with it so she can settle her balance with iCare. It was signed in Dr ***** *******'s office by her on 1/12/2012. Please have her call our customer service line and ask to speak to****** who has all of her documentation on said signed payment plan agreement and will be happy to send to her so that she can settle her owed balance and we do not have to proceed further with collections. Additionally, iCare would be happy to place her on an agreeable monthly plan to pay off her balance and waive any late fees. If she wishes to have said agent contact us, she will need to provide in writing that said agent has permission to receive her signed payment plan agreement which has all of her confidential information on it. Again, please have her contact****** at **************. ****** has all of her documentation and will be happy to provide and work with her directly to reach and amiable solution.

I only partially accept there complaint. The reason being, that I have not received any documentation from them regarding my case. I have repeatedly asked for this documentation and to hear them say they have sent is upsetting. I do agree with the phone calls. They have repeatedly called me. I am happy to work out some kind of payment plan. I believe that would great and highly appreciated. I still firmly believe I should not be responsible for this bill since I had no knowledge of it. The situation is what it is so I would like to resolve it swiftly. If you could please send me the information I would greatly appreciate it.

We have sent the following email, as well as ****** *****s signed payment plan agreement to the following email. ********************** If she did not receive please call customer service, ask to speak to ******* ******. Here is the mail and time stamp that was sent.
From : assist <*****************************>

To :<**********************>
Subject : ****** ***** - Payment Plan Agreement (Dr. ***** *******)
Date : Mon, 04 Apr 2016 15:40:43 -0400
Attachments : ***************
****** *****,

Thank you for contacting iCare regarding your payment arrangement. Your concerns are important to us. Attached is a copy of the your original payment plan agreement for Dr. ***** *******s office.
We've made several attempts to contact you regarding the remaining balance on your account. Please contact our office at************* in order to make arrangements to complete your payment plan program.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Customer Service
Finance Department
Office: ************
Fax: ************

I received the email with the attachment. I also tried calling and speaking with****** like you stated in your precious BBB response. I was told that there was no****** working for you and was not helped. This has caused my continued distrust of Icare. I still also find it hard to believe that after continuously asking you and ***** ******* for said document it magically appeared after contacting BBB. I do not trust that document or trust it. I feel that you both are trying hard to extort money from me. If you did get that document from ***** ******* you have been had.

02/10/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Compnay will only deal with me by email and phone calls
I asked for a hard copy of the balance I owe them and they informed me I can only call them to make a payment.

Example response: "Mrs. Shawn,

It has been requested that you call our office.
If your intent is to set up payments on the defaulted contract you need to actually call our office.
Our office hours are 9am to 5:30pm EST Monday - Friday.

****** ***** ( department manager)

I would like to be told the company what policy stops them from mailing me a hard copy of the balance I have left to pay on my account.

We have contacted Mrs.****** and sent her all of her requested paperwork. Thank you.

01/05/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We are extremely dissatisfied with the services, or lack thereof, provided by iCare Financial. We were first contacted by an iCare representative on May 26, 2015. Based on the deceptive marketing strategies and schemes presented by the iCare Financial, the clinic entered into a business agreement with iCare Financial on July 15, 2015. Since that time, there has been nothing positive about the services iCare promised to provide in their sales pitch & as stated in the Billing Services Agreement and Training Material. We were told by the iCare representatives that iCare Financial was comparable to Care Credit; but, unlike Care Credit, iCare Financial could provide financing to those customers that could not meet the standard lending criteria of Care Credit. We have no way of knowing if iCare Financial is or is not comparable to Care Credit. We have had to contact the iCare Financial Customer Service department on numerous occasions, & we still have yet to process the first iCare Financial transaction. At first, we were told our computers were "ancient" & did not meet the operating standards and requirements of iCare Financial. So, we spent the money to update the clinic's computers, & then, once we were ready to download the software, we had to contact the iCare Financial Customer Service Department numerous times before anyone would call us back to install the software. The iCare Financial software was installed on our computers on September 14, 2015. We were told that we would receive copies of the training material, which we did not receive until November 4, 2015. As of today, our clinic has yet to see any financial benefits from our business agreement with iCare Financial. There has been entirely too much miscommunication and inadequate service on the part of the iCare Financial representatives for our clinic to effectively implement the iCare Program. Furthermore, based upon the past six months of our business dealings with iCare Financial, we do not trust iCare Financial to handle any personal financial information belonging to the clients of our clinic.
Product_Or_Service: iCare Financial Software
Account_Number: ***************

We would ask that iCare Financial demonstrate a sign of good faith and refund the initial investment of $1,995.00 paid to iCare Financial and then terminate the business agreement we entered into on July 15, 2015. We I would also ask that iCare Financial contact Jetpay and have them cancel the account associated with our clinic.

iCare's program is straight forward and transparent. It is a 0% interest, non-compounding and non deferred flat administrative fee with No Credit Check to the patient. Very consumer friendly and used by thousands of providers nationally, and tens of thousands American's nationally with no hidden fee's to the consumer/patient, no compounded interest of any kind. This is outlined in the clients signed service agreement and patient payment plan agreement which client has signed off on. In addition to said signed agreements by client, client/clients staff received one on one training from iCare staff and received all the training and set-up protocols to offer to their patients the iCare program which was sent post training. All aspects of the iCare program were and still are transparent to the client. iCare is in no way comparable to CareCredit, which is a medical credit card, which requires a credit check. In fact, iCare is more of a companion program for when a patient gets turned down by credit, the provider can put the patient on an iCare plan.

All service agreements, training and program protocols were signed off on and presented to client transparently by iCare staff and are in clients possession. We have contacted this client, and reached and amiable conclusion.

10/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I enrolled into patient finance program that turned out to be an exorbitant for patient. I could not find even single patient who can like this kind of finance program. After so much efforts I found this fiance program redundant and request for refund because it make no sense to continue.Moreover, even after termination of service they keep drawing monthly fee from my bank account which indicate mala fide intention of Icare Financial Corporation. I did not utilize their service at all so I request for refund.I will appreciate if you can help me for refund of annual fee I paid and monthly charges they have taken out from my bank account.Thank you.*****
Product_Or_Service: Patient Finance Program

I would like to have refund of annual fee I paid plus monthly fees they have taken out from my bank account.

Thank you for contacting iCare Financial through the BBB regarding your recent issue. Upon receipt of your request iCare looked into the issue with the cancellation of our program and the fee's that had continued to be taken out. We apologize for any inconvenience and found that a refund was in fact due. We have issued a refund for the monthly fee's that were taken in error. You should have received this no later than 9/22/2015.

My complain is about customer satisfaction and practicality of finance program offered by icare.

I request for refund because the kind of program icare is offering is not practical to implement. Patient pay almost like 20% to 30% interest and top of it doctor pay 15% fee.

This contrary to what icare is marketing. icare is presenting their program is interest free but it is not interest free.

icare refund me $99 is the money they have withdraw from my checking account for no reason.

My request for refund of $1900 which I paid for finance program has not been honor by icare.

Please let me know if BBA can do any needful follow up.

Thank you.
*****

Client is mistaken, or confusing the iCare program with something else. iCare's program is a 0% interest, non-compounding and non deferred flat administrative fee with No Credit Check to the patient. Very consumer friendly and used by thousands of American's nationally with no hidden fee's to the consumer/patient, no compound interest of any kind. The client is not charged any percent off the top of the treatment they perform. This is outlined in the clients signed service agreement and patient payment plan agreement which client has signed off on. In addition to said signed agreements by client, client/clients staff received one on one training from iCare staff and received all the training and set-up protocols to offer to their patients the iCare program which was sent post training. All aspects of the iCare program were and still are transparent to the client.

The $99.00 fee the client is referring was for PCI compliance insurance fee's which are required by law for protection of their patients data, and not collected by iCare, they are a pass through insurance fee to Visa/MasterCard. The client signed off on these fees on their merchant service agreement, as were all said fee's disclosed to the client. We refunded these to the client as a courtesy only.

iCare has honored our service agreement as there is no option for a refund to a client if they elect to not or offer our program to their patients. All service agreements, training and program protocols were signed off on and presented to client transparently by iCare staff and are in clients possession.

So called administration fee is nothing but a interest iCare collect in the very beginning. If administration fee is reasonable, it could be a acceptable finance option for patient.

iCare continue to withdraw money from my account even after I ask to discontinue or disassociate from their finance program. If I have not complain to BBA, iCare could have continue to withdraw money from my account for ever which they claim as PCI compliance fee.

If iCare do not bother about feasibility of finance program and claiming their program as interest free even after collecting hefty administration fee, this is not a zero interest finance option. It is deceptive tactic on the part of iCare. The whole module is designed to be administered by Doctor office. iCare do not share any burden of running finance program. To my mind there is no justification for spending $2000 for this kind of program. It is unfortunate that iCare can not believe in any kind of guarantee or responsibility to make sure their program at least stand in market.

I want to convey my message to iCare thru BBA that is truly not interest free program.

Thank you for your time.
*****

06/04/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am a dentist who contracted with icare and jetpay companies to provide financing options to my patients on April of 2014. In February of 2015 I contacted jetpay and requested statements on my accounts which I had not received since inception. After receiving and reviewing the statements I noticed That I was being charged a fee of $24.95 on April , May and June of 2014 . The fee increased to $53.90 in August-2014 to March-2015.After many phone calls and requests I found out that the charges were for PCI Non-Compliance fee. I called and emailed jet pay and icare stating that I am compliant and have certificates from trustwave for all the periods of my involvement with icare but was never asked to send my certificates prior to billing me for non-compliance. I also mentioned that I was not aware of these charges because I never received any statements even though I had corrected my email right after signing the contract . After numerous phone calls, and emails I received an email from icare director Mr. *** ******** stating that Schedule A of the contract calls for $24.95 fee for Non compliant merchants. I told him that I did not know about all these since I was not sent any statements .In addition, I have been compliant and have submitted all my certificates to receive a refund but no refunds are issued. I also asked why I was getting charge for $54.90 from August to March which is more than double the amount in the contract and was told that it is federal regulation!!!After numerous inquiries I was given a credit of $125.70 on 3-23-15 . I emailed *** ******** the director and he assured me that the remaining credit which is $351.50 would be applied to the account by the end of April and no credits are issued yet. It has been a nightmare dealing with this company. I have spent numerous hours providing all my certificates and requesting refund but they keep ignoring my requests. I do appreciate your help in this matter and will provide you with any documents you may need in handling this matter.
Product_Or_Service: Patient Financing
Order_Number: NA
Account_Number: NA

I was never contacted to verify if I am compliant or not prior to my account getting charged.In addition, I was never sent a monthly statement of accounts even though I updated my email with icare.I should be entitled to my credit of $351.50 which is the difference of $477.10 total charges minus the $125.70 credit.

This issue has been addressed and resolved.

Financial Services