BBB Accredited Business since 05/04/2007

Indigo Payments, Inc.

10/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Getting no service from this company because of equipment malfunction.
This company has no backup system for equipment malfunction. During a call with the credit card processing machine tech, the machine blew up. So they will sell me a replacement machine for $100. They were supposed to send me a form online, but nothing came until I questioned no email on Saturday. No offer of a loan machine was ever made. There is no backup plan for machine failure to process charges, a really bad idea for a business plan. I have called my sales rep with no reply; I have emailed Veriphone to complain about the machine only to receive an email blaming Indigo's software or tech, and I have called Indigo and received no service. The machine is a Veriphone vx520 and has never worked properly on a regular basis. Verifone tells me it was intended for Internet connection when Indigo knows we only have dial up service. I had a backup machine which I took to the store, working at my home, blew up at the store. This lead me to believe there is a short in my phone line. Electrical issues were never mentioned by anyone involved with this equipment. I understand that techs have no customer service training or interest, but should give us all the facts. Now their incompetence, or inability to communicate has cost me my backup machine. They said I dropped them, not true, in either case. The first event happened on Friday, Sept. 11. No replacement email was sent until Saturday, Sept. 12. Replacement machine was to arrive Tuesday, Sept. 15 by 10:30 am and was never received. Call to sales rep was placed and message left at around noon of Sept. 15. Indigo Payments closes at 6 and doesn't open until 9 am so it is now 5 days that I have been without a credit card machine. This is a seasonal business and we do not turn away business so we have paper processing forms for more than $2,000. This is not PCI compliant and I don't like doing it. The machine was purchased in Dec., 2013, installed in August, 2014, and ruined in Sept., 2015. When I do process these paper transactions I will be charged an additional percentage over the swipe fee normally charged because Indigo has no backup plan and essentially does not care about their customers.

Replacement of machines and refund of excess fees for processing paper transactions.

Contact Name and Title: ***** ******, Co-Founder
Contact Email: **************************
The customer called shortly after noon Friday, September 11th stating her terminal was malfunctioning. Her Account Manager returned the call at 12:50 p.m. and offered to swap the terminal out for $99. Our operations was to fax the equipment order to the client Friday night for signature. On Saturday, the client told her Account Manager she didn't receive it. The Account Manager got the equipment form to her Saturday and the merchant returned it Sunday. The order was placed Monday morning for delivery on the 15th. Our equipment vendor did not ship the terminal on time. It eventually arrived Wednesday, a day late.
While waiting for the terminal to be delivered, we tried to download the client's backup terminal on Monday, Sept. 14th, so she could process credit cards in the meantime. Her backup terminal indicated it was malfunctioning and would not let us complete the download. We were unable to determine why the terminal didn't work but the merchant believes an electrical issue caused it to malfunction. Without a backup terminal, the merchant had to take imprints of credit cards, which cost her $23 in additional fees. We have reimbursed the client $25 for the inconvenience.
The merchant says Verifone,the terminal manufacturer, advised the VX520 terminal we provided is for internet customers, not dial customers like the client. This information is incorrect. This terminal is frequently used for dial customers.
The malfunctioning of the client's backup terminal was not caused by Indigo. To satisfy the client, we are sending a backup VX 520 at our expense so the merchant can use it in the event of another terminal issue.
I spoke with the customer personally today and she said her issues were successfully resolved.

Credit Cards & Plans - Equipment & Supplies, Credit Card Processing Service