BBB Accredited Business since 10/14/2011

Ricky Jordan's Auto Repair, LLC

04/14/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My car was put in there shop for fuel pressure from ***** they said that they needed to do some other things and then they called me and told me that the ecm was bad and it would cost me 500 to have it rebuilt and they were going to have to reset the timing and I told them that wait cause I could get a new one for cheaper than that then four days they told me to come get my car and I had to pay the bill first so I told them I could get it on Monday and then they told me I had to get by 12 or they were going to have it impounded I asked how much they said 364.48 so I came to pick up my car , I paid them to find all of my parts where in my car and they didn't get my car that way and I called them and they said let them find out what happened and they would call me back cause that's not the way they do business they said they charged me for the work that they did so I said yall charged me for tearing my car up I drove my car to the shop and I got it back gutted I'm not even sure if all my parts are there. They still haven't heard from her yet.
Account_Number:*****

I wanted my car back right. That's not the way they got it and I want them to pay for it.

According to Sam's Tire and Muffler the customer had her car towed to them for repair. They had the car for over 6 months and could not fix it, then received customer authorization to sublet the car out to us for repair. On January 6, 2016 Sam's Tire and Muffler brought the car to Ricky Jordan's Auto Repair. The car was not running. We were asked to diagnosis the car and determine why it would not run. After doing a thorough inspection and being in constant communication with Sam's Tire and Muffler we determined that they broke the fuel pump and attempted to patch it to try to get the car to run. The car would still not run. After going back and forth with Sam's Tire and Muffler, he asked us to call the customer.
After 3 to 4 weeks of trying to reach the customer via phone, we finally reached her. We explained that the vehicle had multiple problems (fuel pressure, electrical, and timing issues) and that we need authorization to do a tear down on the timing belt to further diagnose the problem. The customer gave approval for the tear down. The timing was off, and instead putting on a new Timing Belt Kit, we reset her timing to see if the car would run before we put a new belt. Still the car would not run, but there was compression at this time, however thru further inspections on the electrical problems, we determined that the ECM was bad. We called the customer and gave her a price on Timing Belt Kit and ECM and customer declined the repairs because she did not have the money to fix the car.
Since this phone call, we have done everything we knew to do to get this customer on the phone to make arrangements to pick up this car. When she would not answer, we finally left a message indicating that we would have no choice but to impound her car. After several calls back and forth she made arrangements with us to pick it up the following Monday 3/21/16. Due to city ordinances we are not able to keep any vehicle on our lot for more than 2 weeks. She picked up the vehicle she was charged $349.71 for the tear down. Unfortunately, we could not put the car back together after having it for approximately 3 months because we knew we would not be compensated for our work.

That's not what happened they didn't leave me no message and they had just told me what happened to was wrong with my car two weeks before I didn't get a call from no-one but ******** and as soon as I told them I would find my parts I never told them that I wouldn't pay for my car they are saying that I paid them to tare down my car when it was sent to them to fix it who agrees to pay for someone to take a car apart and not put it back together I feel they should have put my car back together because I asked them how much was it going to be I didn't say give me my car back in pieces like they did if it was going to be more to give it back the way they got it they should have told me they didn't and they didn't notify me that it was disassemble.

Auto Repair & Service