BBB Accredited Business since 12/20/2013

Adventure RV & Auto Sales, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

04/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Transmission & Motor went out in a '06 Dodge Diesel Truck ($26,000) within 5 weeks of purchase. Called owner of business & he was rude & accusatory.
I bought a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel Truck on 1/3/15 from ******* at Adventure RV & Auto Sales, Inc. in Hampton, Ga. Acct. *****. It was financed through the ******************************** Purchase price was $26,000. First payment of $407.63 due on April 6, 2015. The transmission started slipping on February 6th, took it to a transmission shop nearby and was told to bring it back the following week when the mechanic would have time to look at it and not to drive it until it was brought back. It was not driven all week. Cranked it up on February 13th and started out of the neighborhood to the transmission shop and didn't make it a block when the engine started knocking so loudly that it had to be pulled over to the side of the road and shut off. It would not crank back. Called Adventure RV & Auto immediately and told them about the situation and was told this had never happened before and that they would have to get back with us. A week went by and hadn't heard from them. Called repeatedly with no answer. Finally got back in touch with them on February 23rd and spoke with the owner of the business who was rude from the beginning and accused my 30 year old son, who was driving it, of rough housing in the truck when all he had done was drive it to work and back for a month and haul his 4 wheeler in the bed of the truck. Normal operating conditions. He wanted to know why we hadn't been in touch with him sooner and we told him we had called 2 weeks earlier and explained about the transmission and was supposed to get a return call and never did. Asked him several times if he would get his tow truck to come and get it, he would not agree to pick it up. Ask him if he would fix the problem and make it right. He would not commit to a yes or no. Told him this was not a $5000 vehicle that I paid $26,000 for it and hadn't even made the first payment on it and the motor and transmission is out. Ended up hanging up on him because of his rudeness. My son never talked rudely to him, only defending himself in the phone call. Meanwhile, I had went to the tag office January 28th to get a tag for it and had to get an extension because the paperwork had not been filed. The tag office called them and asked them when would it be turned in and was told that they were waiting on the title paperwork from Carmax. Which means I was sold a vehicle without Adventure RV & Auto even having a title. Also, I never got the carfax report that is supposed to come with every vehicle sold at this dealership. I went back to the tag office when my first extension expired to get the tag and had to get yet another extension because the title paperwork still had not been filed. Finally received the tag in the mail on March 4th, a full 2 months after buying the truck, along with a $10 late title penalty and a $67.29 ad valorem title penalty. Which I feel they are responsible for. Also the tow bill of $135 on February 24th to take the truck to a diesel mechanic since the owner of the dealership would not agree to come and get the truck and fix it. I asked the mechanic I towed it to if he could tell me what happened to the motor and he said he would have to tear it down to find that out at a rate of $65 an hour and it would probably take 3 hours. I told him to go ahead and also give me an estimate of what it would cost to fix it. March 20th I picked up the repair estimate of $20,397 to replace the motor and transmission with a remanufactured one for both. He said the crankshaft had locked down, which in turn caused engine failure. Mr. ********** wasn't concerned about customer satisfaction when I called to tell him I was having a problem, so I'm filing this complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Also, the truck didn't fall into the category of the "3 month 3000 mile warranty on every vehicle sold" because Diesel's are excluded. Customer service was great until I had a problem, then it seemed as if they had received their money and wasn't concerned with my situation.

I want a Replacement 4X4 Double Cab Diesel Truck with the equal value of $26,000. Plus, for Mr. ********** to repay me for the expenses that I have incurred with the breakdown of this vehicle. Which, so far, include a $135 tow bill, $10 late title penalty, $67.29 ad valorem title penalty and $195 tear down fee for the diesel mechanic.

WE have had no request for reimbursement on title fees
prior to this complaint and I agree that we will pay those fees and have mailed out a check for 77.29 to the address above. It is unfortunate that this customer is having problems with the vehicle that they purchased here, however she purchased this vehicle AS-IS. She also signed a waiver specifically stating that she did not want a warranty.I can provide the supporting documents if you will send me a fax number or email address that I can forward them to you so you have proof.

Regards
***** **********

03/25/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

When we got the vehicle the mirror is broken and the tack did not work correctly. Instead of fixing it correctly they only wanted to fix half of the mirror. It took seven days to actually to get fixed. We contacted the business several days in a row. They gave us the run around and never returned our calls until we suggested we bring the vehicle back and get our money back. We were told that we are not the only ones that received poor customer service. We got in writing that were to repair these items and still only got part of the repairs listed. We just wanted to let people know not to buy anything there. I witnessed un professional conduct in the office at the time od purchase. I will never buy anything from that place. We also had to replace all headlight s and other lights to the front of vehicle. We almost did not make it home because they were broken. Wr find several things wrong with the vehicle that we have to fix ourselves.this business is very unprofessional. I do not recommend it to anyone.

We just decided to fix ourselves instead of having to deal with them anymore.

Contact Name and Title: ***** ********** ********
Contact Email: ****************************
we include a 3 month 3000 mile powertrain only warranty at no charge with the sale of all our vehicles. This customer notified us of a broken mirror and a gauge (tachometer) that wasn't working properly after he purchased the vehicle.
Even though It was outside of our warranty coverage we decided to repair the 2 items in the spirit of good customer service and made arrangements immediately. We had to order the mirror and it took a weeks to receive. We arranged to have the customer come to our shop and have the Gauge repaired at my expense. He did so and said he was satisfied with repair. The mirror arrived the next day and He refused to pick up the mirror and it is still here at my shop.
I can provide the name of the technician as well as the cancelled check where I paid the technician to prove that we did what we said we would do even though It was outside of our warranty terms. Yet again it seems that no good deed goes unpunished.
I respectfully ask that this case be closed as it is baseless and without merit. I am happy to provide documentation to prove that we did the right thing with regards to this customer.

Sincerely