BBB Accredited Business since 12/23/2005

Collision Claim Associates, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/15/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Originally hired company to assist with a diminished value claim. Out cost of two appraisals that have left me with no recourse.
Originally hired CCC for an appraisal in August for $375. On the day their appraiser was to come, someone had hit my vehicle. I was told that I could have CCC do a second appraisal for $250 after getting my vehicle repaired. In both cases, CCC told me that I was entitled to diminished value. After receiving the report for both accidents, I sent letters to the insurance company. After sending numerous letters to each insurance company, I still have nothing to show for all my efforts. Now CCC is telling me my only recourse is to file a lawsuit, which will cost more money. I would have been better off not hiring them in the first place.

I am seeking $625, the cost of two vehicle appraisals on the same vehicle.

CCC has agreed to refund $250 and I consider this complaint resolved.

11/20/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Inaccurate estimate of vehicle value in total loss appraisal.
The insurance company had offered a number for the total value of my vehicle which I thought was too low, and thus I paid $75 to Collision Claim Associates to provide a market value estimate for my vehicle at the time of a total loss.

The value of the vehicle had been previously estimated as follows:

Insurance company Customer Service Estimate (before deeming total loss): $14,200

Body Shop Estimate: $13,900
NADA: $13,600
Edmunds: $13,608

Insurance company initial offer for Total Loss: $12,700

Collision Claims Associates: "We have concluded the Market Search...The results are indicating values ranging from $11,400.00 to $11,900.00. This includes adjustments for mileage and options."

I explained that this range was far lower than expected and asked to verify I'd sent all of the correct information.

CCA senior adjuster claimed his numbers were accurate, that all of my information was incorrect and that, "even if our range had been $1,000 more we would have still suggested accepting the insurance companies offer because the difference is still not enough to justify the expense of an appraisal"

Next I hired a different company to do the same Market Search and their initial search (which only cost $45) valued the vehicle between $13,500 - $15,000.

I notified CCA of this fact and requested a refund since their estimate was several thousand dollars off. He said to, "Email me a copy of the completed appraisal report and I will consider refunding your money."

The actual appraisal specific to my vehicle by the 2nd company was $14,100 and the insurance company paid $14,000 for the total loss.

Thus estimate was off by $2200 - $2700

Thus had I accepted the incorrect assessment provided by CCA I would have received hundreds or thousands of dollars less than the actual value of my vehicle.

I shared all of the information about this situation with the appraiser over multiple emails, and kindly requested a refund. He stated that if I would send the completed appraisal he would "consider" providing a refund.

Last week I emailed the completed appraisal proving that his initial market value estimate was off by several thousand dollars and have not received a response.

The information the customer has stated is correct. I did receive the other appraisal from him as he indicated, however it was received the day I was leaving to go out of town to be with my daughter during a major surgery from which I only returned last night. Today his refund has been processed and should show up on his credit card statement within 48 hours. We apologize for the delay but it was unavoidable.

05/03/2013Billing / Collection Issues
06/14/2012Delivery Issues

Auto Appraisers, Machinery & Equipment - Appraisal, Auto Services, Appraisers, Insurance Services, Insurance Claim Processing Services