Weld Rite Inc

24 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 10 closed in last 12 months

05/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Shaver outdoor furnace 3 years old needed replaced due to metal fault and they have not replaced it. It has been several months since taking it back
I purchased a Shaver Pro 250 outdoor wood furnace a few years ago. This winter when I was going to use the unit there was water leaking from underneath the unit and I called Shaver 21x and could not leave a message due to the fact all the mailboxes were full. I then emailed them from their website and later was told they never received it either. I later called a sales rep out of state that told me he no longer recommends Shaver Furnaces because of poor customer service and he gave me the owners cell number and unpublished extensions to try. I was able to leave a message on the owner's number and one other extension mailbox. I did get a call from *** and then ******* who verified I did have a warranty because I purchased a special conditioning to put in the water tank. They were to get back with me and never did so I left more messages on extensions mailboxes and told them I would bring the furnace down to them on a certain Tuesday. I showed up at ************** with furnace and *** checked the unit out and said the problem was the water jacket rusted through from the bottom and showed me the hole. He then said he would have to upgrade me to a bigger unit because that is what was on the lot and it should be ready in about 1 week. I believe this was the end of January and would have to find receipts for fuel since I never in my right mind thought they would not follow through with their promise. I have spoke with ***** about 5 weeks ago and she said she remembered me bringing my furnace down and would talk with *** and call me back that day as to when I could get the new furnace. She never returned the phone call. Today I have called all the extensions and was able to find one with a mailbox open. I would just like to have my furnace replaced and on my property ASAP.

I want the furnace they promised (*******) on the day I delivered my faulty Pro 250 series. I would also like to get this resolved as soon as possible because it has taken too much of my time. Thank you

I received a call from an HVAC man in ****************** who told me that a furnace that he installed was leaking. I asked him for a contact number for the owner of the furnace. I called the number which is the office phone number for *****. The call went to voice mail at which time I left my number and email address. I called the number several more times over the next few days each time leaving my number as well as email address. After several days ***** at the front desk got a message from ***** asking for a call back at the same office number were I had left several messages prior to this day. Again I called this office number never reaching a person only voice mail. I never got an email or any other messages. I never got a secondary number, email address nor any other way to try to make contact.Shortly thereafter A man and a lady show up at the shop with a furnace on a trailer. She introduced herself as ***** and we briefly touched on our mutual difficulty in contacting each other. ***** then told me were she believed the leak to be and as we unloaded it with a forklift we lifted it up so I was able to confirm the leak. I then told ***** it would be covered by warranty due to her having purchased Rust Blocker. This is 5 gallons of an anti-corrosive additive which is added prior to starting the furnace. It then protects the metal against rust and corrosion for five years, at which time 2 more gallons are added to recharge the protection for another two years. Rust Blocker can be used in place of yearly analysis and chemical purchased additives. As standard protocol dictates with any furnace warranty claim in which the consumer has done their part to protect there furnace I assured ***** that it would be repaired or replaced. I told her that if upon inspection we found her furnace to be beyond repair, or if it would a lengthy repair we might be able to replace it with a 290 model that we had just got back as a trade in.This turned out not to be an option due to its poor condition. Within a week of recieving ******* furnace we had stripped it down to the water jacket and had fully inspected it. The bottom was indeed leaking and it had several places were corrosion had not yet made a hole thru but had weakened the metal.We removed and replaced the bottom with new steel sealed it back up and let it sit for the weekend full of water to be sure it was fixed. We then re insulated and tinned the furnace and made it ready for installation.It took approximately two weeks from the time we received the furnace to have it ready for pickup.After several failed calls to the only contact number I have with no return call or email I quite calling. A couple weeks later ***** at the front desk got an actual call not a message from ***** asking if her 290 model was ready because she had sold it to someone else. Not the 250 that she owned and brought in for repair but the 290 I had mentioned to her as a possible option.I can assure you I never promised her a free upgrade to a 290 model. I did however stress that we would honor our warranty and if her furnace was beyond repair that it would be replaced. If it had turned out that her furnace was beyond repair and if the larger more expensive furnace had passed inspection we would have made the exchange even thou we would have taken a loss.I actually got an email address for ***** yesterday at which time I sent her a reply email letting her know what we did and that her furnace was ready. I am sorry if she sold something she did not own. I am sorry that she never emailed me to ask or give information which could have prevented any misunderstandings. The furnace is repaired as per warranty and is waiting for pickup, no need to call for confirmation.

*********

Majority of their response isn't even close to the truth. *** tried to contact my office 2 times in which he gave a number but never would pick up the phone. My office manager spoke with him each time. I emailed and left a voice mail stating I was dropping the furnace off because no one would return a phone call. When I dropped off the furnace they said 1 week approximately for new furnace since mine would not be repaired. I am not upset with them fixing the furnace but am highly upset they are next to impossible to reach. This is May and the furnace was dropped off the first part of the year. My phone records at my office will for sure show they never called saying the furnace was done. I filed a complaint after calling every extension with no return phone call the other day and will pursue legal action if I have to. I also made a phone call to the installation guy and he called the main boss of shaver the same day of the complaint to try and help me get my furnace. I did receive an email from *** and a phone call from install guy saying furnace was finished after my complaint. I then emailed *** back requesting rust blocker and scheduling a time to pick it up to which no reply has been made. I know if you call my office my cell # is on the answering machine, they did speak 2x to my office manager who will give out any of the office email addresses AND **** the installation guy has a long work history with
this company and his secretary has spoke with me 4 - 5x trying to get me numbers and information on how to get the furnace fixed. So they could have asked **** for any of my contact information. I am highly disappointed in customer service of this company and talking with several people trying to get a working number they have said "Good luck they don't answer their phone". So thank you Better Business for at least getting them to respond in 1 day.

************ furnace has been repaired and is ready to be pickup. If Shaver needs to deliver the furnace we will do so of course.. Due to the lack of communication between us I suggest ***** contact her installer who is an independent sales rep to make the pickup or delivery arrangements.

*********

E-mail from consumer:

Thank you for getting involved. I did get my furnace returned ASAP after you got involved with this case. This business has some serious customer service issues but I am finished with them for the time being. If my furnace breaks again I am sure you will be involved again but in the mean time I don't feel like emailing all my records against them since my furnace was returned. Thanks again

10/23/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

leaky woodburner,left over 30 messages,no one returns call
woodburner leaks after 6 years of service,all maintenance followed per shaver. left 30 messaages over a 2 month period, no one returns calls, IF a person is reached, we are told someone will return call. has NEVER happened. worst customer service ever, just a call to let me know whats going on but nothing.

would like a new unit sent at no charge,and a phone call

The maintenance as prescribed in the Installation manual of all Shaver Furnaces is as follows
"You MUST submit a water sample to Wood Boiler Solutions LLC for professional lab analysis. You MUST follow their recommendations for chemicals and brands."
The water samples and chemicals we done by an out side source other than the lab specified and there fore cannot be verified. Shaver Furnace will agree to repair this furnace with no charge for labor however shipping and material with be the responsibility of the customer. Material cost will not exceed $200. Shipping at this time is $721.89 one way in our system (Reference #7436) Shaver Furnace will pickup the furnace on a return route to the factory and will not charge for this but must charge the quoted price for delivery. We believe this is a fair offer considering the age of the unit and the non approved testing.

the manager stated he had a conversation with the installers that their testing and yearly maintenance would suffice at the time of install per ***. That was verified again by *** on Oct 7 2014.

This a part of a email confirmation for *********** furnace warranty confirmation.
Last week *** and I had spoken by phone about how to handle this warranty on the unit. ***, you stated that you would be contacting the BBB and letting them know that you are taking care of the ***** unit by making a new 165 and issuing that to the customer when it is available. Thank you.

It was also agreed upon that the ******* would use their current unit to heat their home until the new one arrives. Tri State Technical will draw a water sample and provide the proper chemicals as we have done in the past. When the new unit arrives, we also will again draw a sample and provide the necessary chemicals needed.

*****, you will watch the water level of the unit to make sure that it is filled since you do have a small dripping leak.

***, you stated there will be an even exchange of the units with no cost to the customer. You also stated that it would be a minimum of 6 weeks until the new unit could be made but as long as 12 weeks....before the new one is ready.

Again, just wanted to establish and record in writing what we discussed on the phone call last week on Tuesday.

12/17/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Reference previous Case # ********. Weld Rite sent me a replacement furnace that leaks as well. They **** not return my calls.
Reference previous Case # ********. Order # *****. In March 2013 Weld Rite sent a replacement furnace to me. They stated in the original complaint that they were building a new furnace to replace the bad one that I purchased originally. The furnace they sent was a used one. I questioned this and was told that it had been tested and did not leak. When I set it up for this winter, again, it leaked.
Once again I tried to contact them by phone (left message) on 28 Oct 2013 and email 29 Oct 2013. These customer avoidance techniques must stop.
This is the email I sent:

***,

I don't know if you remember me but I'm the one who had to contact the BBB last year in order for you to honor your warranty.

The furnace that you finally sent to me has a leak as well. Also, when I received it, I had to put a new water coil in it, the door had no gasket or insulation, and the grate didn't fit into the opening at the bottom of the fire box. The only thing I am not able to repair is the leak. I thought this unit was tested before you shipped it!

I am not able to find a portable welder in this area and would like for you to repair or replace this unit.

I left a message on your voice mail on Monday, 28 Oct 2013 and would appreciate it if you would call me back by the end of this week Friday, 1 Nov 2013 to resolve.

*************
************

I would like to have a replacement sent to me with a full warranty. The furnace I purchased had a 1/2 inch fire box and I would like the same. I would also like to have a 5 gallon container of Rust Blocker sent to me at no charge since it all leaked out of my furnace. The recirculating pump has also been damaged due to the low water level and I would like for that to be replaced as well.

Contact Name and Title: ***********************
Contact Phone: ********************
Contact Email: *******************
This furnace is covered under warranty so a new furnace has been ordered for the customer and **** be shipped with full 20 year warranty.

I **** accept the response if *** can include an expected ship date. +/- 2 weeks. Thank you.

We have agreed to replace the customers stove. However; he is requesting that he receive the 1/2" firebox. We no longer have any access to the 1/2" pipe. All we can get is now 3/8" and we no longer sell Rust Blocker. It can be obtained, but it is from another company. The circulating pump would have a one year warranty on it, from the manufacturer. If it had damage from the water level being to low it should not have been allowed to be running because the pump is over half way down the firebox/ water jacket and the customer would have known to turn the furnace off. We still have not been able to order the unit because the customer seems to keep wanting more and more and we have already agreed to replace. I don't see what else that we can offer.

03/26/2013Problems with Product / Service
02/06/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues
02/13/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

My shaver outdoor wood furnace will need to be repaired or replaced as per the 20 year warranty.
We bought a Shaver Outdoor Wood boiler on 11/6/07. The seven year old boiler/furnace started leaking 12/18/14. Inspected it and deemed it unsafe/unusable because of major rust and leakage. Contacted ***(plant manager) on 12/19/14 at Weld Rite/Shaver, we were notified options were repair/or replacement with a refurbished unit and told to contact a shaver dealer. Said dealer is no longer a dealer due to lack of customer support and warranty issues. Emailed *** pictures of the rust issues with our boiler. Tried to contact *** back but got no response from 10:30 am on 12/19/14 until 4:55pm. We replied to that email and his reply email implied that the damage was our fault. The boiler has rusted from the outside in. When the insulation was removed to inspect the damage the metal pealed away with the insulation due to the extent of rot caused from condensation falling from the roof and holding moisture in between the insulation and the steal. *** implied that problem was our fault when it appears to be a quality control issue in manufacturing. He sent us pictures of some of their other furnaces from previous customers with the same problem and asked if this is what occurred. He did not say that Weld Rite would take any responsibility/warranty this issue. So we need a resolution to this matter. We have found a dealer within 50 miles of us who will work with us as long as Weld Rite will honor their warranty. We greatly appreciate your anticipated cooperation in this matter.

One of three projected outcome settlements would be appropriate. One: a timely, repair at our home; two: shipment to our home of a refurbished furnace; or three: a refund of 80% or more of a new replacement furnace to my local dealer to obtain a new furnace. Please be advised that I have checked on the cost of repair for this furnace and it appears it would cost more than a replacement unit due to material and labor fees.

A copy of the letter that I sent ***** Saturday is attached to the end of this message This furnace rusted because a lid covering the potable water coil was not properly sealed or it became unsealed at some time. This is a owner or installer responsibility in every boiler that we sell. It is the customers responsibility to provide for the maintenance of their unit. Also to know enough about them to understand that steam exiting anywhere other than the over flow pipe is wrong. All of the rust and rot was caused by the constant saturation of the insulation and metal. This will only come from a unsealed or partial unsealed coil lid were the escaping steam condensates back to liquid soaking every thing. The customer also has removed at least 1/3 of the water jacket top. This area was apparently the first to rust out because it held the most moisture and was closest to the steam leak. Shaver furnace was not notified nor did we give consent for this modification. I understand the top was rusted out but it must be replaced. This now open top was just a steam generator and it finished damage started by the first leak. No authorization was given for this modification and as such it voids the warranty and our responsibility for any present or future damage.

*** *****

***** I looked thru the pictures and you are not kidding it did rust horrible under the insulation, especially the front. I remember that you said that you had prior trouble with the furnace and in picture showing the top of the water jacket I can guess what has happened. As you stated "This rust occurred due to the condensation forming in the roof of the furnace and running down the walls to settle and soak the insulation", and this is completely correct. The problem is there should be no condensation, and no steam at all inside the tin of the furnace. I have attached four pictures showing a similar situation and the attachment labeled DSC03170 shows why the trouble occurred. It is not a very good picture but you can clearly see the gap on the front side of the potable coil lid. The lid in this picture was never sealed in at all leading to what you see in the other pictures. Even the 1/4" gap that you can see would steam out amazing amounts of water which of course would then condensate back to liquid saturate the insulation and start to rust the steel. This is what it sounds like happened to you. If you had condensation inside the tin of your furnace then something was not sealed, this is what caused the rusting out of the top of the water jacket. If you ran the furnace at all with the top of the water jacket cut away like in the picture you simply signed the death warrant. If you had cut away all the bad rusted metal and replaced it, made sure every thing was sealed so no steam could escape and then replaced any rotted and soaked insulation you might have been ok. I did blow up your picture ***** and honestly I can see no sign of silicone around the area were the potable lid used to be, not even on the foam wrap that is around the copper line of the coil. I don't believe that the potable coil lid was ever sealed in *****, which led to the condensation and was the beginning of all your trouble. This is not a warranty issue but an installation and maintenance problem, and we have not even talked about the unapproved modification done to the top of the water jacket which in itself nullified the warranty, that is also in the Installation Instructions'. I really don't like being threatened ***** it tends to make it difficult to be cordial and demands are even worse. Still I wish no family or individual to be without heat as I have been there myself so if I could help I would. I will be here and I will answer any questions that I can just send me a line.

*** *****

The furnace was shipped to me with no owners manual, nor any form of seal or gasket to put in the place where the lid for the water coil is located. When I was talking to *** he said, "oh you probably didn't get an owners manual." I had no knowledge from the manufacture that this unit was to be sealed. There was no place or location for this lid to be screwed down to be sealed. The manual was not received when this unit was purchased at which time I was under the impression that there was not a manual. The first time I received a manual was when *** emailed it to us on Friday, December 19, 2014. In the manual on page 36 states, "Simply unscrew the plate, cut through the silicone seal and lift it off," to expose the coil. When we received the furnace back in early 2008, the lid for the coil cover was inside the burn chamber. The lid has never sat properly on top the water jacket, nor are there any places to screw down or seal the lid.

Furthermore it would be next to impossible to seal the lid due to the way the entrance and exit port for the hot water coil are torch, rough cut into the lid. At which point the circles were left so rough that I had to insulate the copper lines to avoid rubbing from the lid. As to the repair *** spoke about previously made to the chimney; in early 2014 I had to make said repair do to the fact that the chimney rotted off at the water line and fell over while I was cleaning it. The top of the water chamber was replaced with a sheet of aluminum after the repair was made; at which time, I reinsulated the top of the boiler with new insulation so I could put the boiler back into service to heat my home unknowingly that it would be possible to void my warranty. At that time I did not deem the repair of the chimney a major repair.

When I noticed the furnace leaking on the night of December 18, 2014 I knew there was a major problem. The next day I immediately contacted *** at Weld Rite and informed him of a leakage, pictures were requested. I took the tin off of the furnace to further investigate the problem. It became apparent that the insulation was saturated from condensation running down the walls of the boiler because the lid never sat correctly. When I took the insulation off the front of the boiler it was rusted and scaly and the leak was more pronounced. The metal was so rusted that the leaks became more pronounced, water in the boiler started to pour all over my driveway. It was obvious that this would not be a simple repair nor to be the owners responsibility to fix it. It is a manufactures flaw in design. If the water jacket is to be sealed it should have been manufactured that way.

I have pictures of the furnace regarding this matter. Please let me know where to send them.

Both the blower and the pump as well as the thermostat are after market products not manufactured by us and are expected to be changed by the end user or installer if needed. This is understood similar to rotating/changing tires on a vehicle. Yet at the same time would it not void a new car warranty if the owner changed the transmission in his home shop. The overflow tube on every furnace we have ever made is the ventilation tube and they will steam from it providing the potable coil lid has been sealed. The lid ships inside the furnace firebox and is left unsealed to help facilitate the initial filling of the furnace as well as the beginning flush and chemical addition. Again all of this information could have been obtained on the web or by placing a call to the factory or to your dealer.

This reply still doesn't respond to the fact that there wasn't a gasket shipped with the furnace. Also there aren't any screw holes for the water jacket lid to be secured down with like the manual states that you emailed to us on December 2014.

Again the furnace is only 7 years old. You provide a 20 year warranty with this purchase of your product. At 7 years your warranty covers 80%. My question is 80% of what? Is that parts/labor, replacement or refund? The ball is in your court. Exactly what are you going to offer me?

I am certain by now you have also received information about a complaint we filed through the Arkansas Attorney General's office. I will not take no as an answer. There will be satisfactory results on this matter reached regardless of how expensive or time consuming it becomes. So lets get this matter resolved now. It may be in your best interest if you choose to send someone to inspect your product. Let me know what your schedule would be like and I will make myself available.

06/04/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues
03/26/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues
01/14/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Our wood stove has cracked on the bottom and yes we did use the chemical correctly..Called Weld Rite and no calls returned...

Are stove has cracked at the bottom.We have made several attempt's to contact Weld Rite and **************.They do not return calls or answer the phone most of the time...I want a full repair or replacement...Our warranty was up as of Jan. 2014 I have spoken to several rep.s that sold these and they have confirmed their are various problems with this stove..Stove was delivered Jan.23,2009...we paid 6,840.00 dollars.And yes we did use the chemical as we were told to by the rep...

New stove with warranty I do not want to be charged for anything..or pay for repairs and equitment rental for picking up stove to replace bottom of steel.. that are going to take place in the next 5 days

******************************************************************************************************************
I spoke with ********** on 12-4-14 or 2-5-14 and then go*********************** who is also head of warranty to speak to her. I believe *** has tried to reach ********* to make sure that both ***************** are aware of the links we have to go in to get the end results for our customers. Warranty always ask for a few things. 1. we need pictures of problem area if it is possible. 2. we need proof of water annalysis and 3. we ask for proof of chemicals as recommended by the water annalysis results. Ray had to go to hospital on Friday 12-12-14 but we are still waiting on the paper work. ***** spoke to ********** again this morning.Thank you *****

This info. is not stated in the wrrenty. I have contact business we purchased chemical from and they have very few due to if it was a cash transaction they do not put thhe transaction in our name..*** said if we pay for repairs they would need to pick up the stove and then deliver...But thhe paper work I have States they do not pick up for repairs they have repairs done on sight..These people are not easy to deal with..All we want is this furnace prepared and they are not willing to hold up their end of the deal...We are heating with gas and if this goes to court it will cost you more than just the stove replacement..We have spoke to prior reps. with this company and they have sent statements why they will not sell this stove or work with this company...They told us they are their for the sale and then hang you..Please send someone to fix so our son that ************************** can come home and be warm in his room..Yes I made *** very aware of this he is a wounded Marine and all *** wanted to do is argue...I have all the paper you want to back up our son condition..Please repair our stove

We have spoke to *********** several times and asked for any records regarding the chemical usage but have received nothing. We have also asked for pictures of any type to confirm were the issue is on the furnace but again have received nothing, but threats. I feel ************** should not be responsible for this repair however I attempted to discuss picking the furnace up and bringing it here for repair as apparently *** understands is the only way this can be repaired. I do not know the extent of the damage but it is very possible the entire bottom may have to be replaced and this may only be the beginning of the damage. I have no way to determine what maintenance has been performed and can get no help finding out. I would love to help this family but they make it impossible to do so.

11/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

No one will answer the phone, return phone calls or emails.
I purchased an outdoor boiler from Shaver Furnace/Weld Rite in the fall of 2011. I started preparing my stove for this winter (2014) and noticed water gushing from the top. When I started taking the roof off of the stove I noticed the top of the water box was rotting and has holes in it. I started calling Shaver Furnace/Weld Rite early in October 2014. I left several messages and no one would return my calls. I started calling random extensions and when I finally talked to a person and left a message with the person who I was directed to call, no one called back. I finally got ahold of their I.T. guy and he got me in touch with the proper person. I talked to the plant manager on October 14, 2104, and was told to send pictures and they would schedule pick up of my stove and send me another stove within 3 weeks because it was covered under warranty. I sent pictures on the 15th via email and asked them to let me know if they got them, and received no reply. I called and left messages and emailed to make sure they received the pictures, and got no response. I cannot get anyone to answer or email me back and that was two weeks ago on October 28. All I want is for them to replace my stove before winter starts.

I want them to stand behind their warranty and replace my stove within the next week.

I did speak with *********** to request pictures, and because *********** purchased Rust Blocker I initially thought this would be a warranty covered repair or replacement. After viewing the pictures how ever I am sure that the damage was caused by water sitting on top of the water jacket. The extent of the damage shows that this area was saturated for a long period of time. I do not know where the water came from but any water in this area is a bad thing and should have been noticed by the customer because it would have steamed excessively. This damage could have been avoided had the proper maintenance been preformed. The manual mentions steaming issues in the index and states that this is from an improperly sealed potable coil lid so there was no reason to believe this was a normal occurrence. Due to this constant steaming the entire top of this furnace has rusted severely developing several holes from the outside in. The handle to the potable coil lid which is made of 3/8" bar stock has not only rusted thru but has eroded mostly away. I would be happy to send the pictures to you if it would help in any way. We have warranted several furnaces that had a rust issue on the top but they were rusted from the inside out and totally different from what has happened here. If I can help in any way please let me know and I will do my best to answer any questions or provide any information that you may require.

*******************

07/25/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

3/10/14 I paid $5722 for a furnace that was supposed to take two weeks to build and two weeks to deliver. Still no furnace
******************. At this point we want a full refund. We don't have any confidence in this company. On March 19 we left a message for ****************** asking for a return call and a specific delivery date. On March 20 we called again and *******. ***** refused to get on the phone and was relaying messages through ***. We were told that ****************** would call that evening. When we didn't hear from him we sent another email to him requesting a full refund by Friday , May 23 or we would contact the BBB. We have made multiple phone calls over the last couple of months and have gotten the run around. We have zero confidence in this company and want a full refund. This is money I have spent and it's a lot of money and I want to take my business elsewhere. I'm afraid of having an inferior product and poor customer service. They are horrible at answering questions. Every person you speak to has a different story.

Full refund. Also contacting discover as I used my card to pay. March 10 for $5722

I am a bit confused on this complaint. I received the first one with a response deadline of June 2, 2014. I called the factory and they told me that the unit was going out for delivery today. I arrived at work this morning and there was another complaint with a deadline of June 13th, 2014. Once again I called the factory and this morning I was told that ******************** had refused delivery. I do not know who promised them that it would take 2 weeks to build and 2 weeks for delivery, which seems to be their reason for cancellation. I have been the bookkeeper for 6 years and all of the dealers know that a 2 week build and a 2 week delivery is not possible. These units can not just be pulled off of a shelf and put in the truck. They are each one custom built after being ordered and one truck runs all routes, so the truck takes the unit to that area when there is enough going that direction. The semi hauls 10 units at a time. They would have received their unit this week. I see that they have notified their ******** **** provider and apparently that is the route they are taking to get a full refund. I can't send a check and the credit card company also refund their money.

The bookkeeper has NEVER responded to us directly. I have emails from ***** telling me that she would be contacting us several different times. As recent as yesterday when the complaint was then forwarded to the owner of the company. Your website build/deliver times changes....with your productivity. At the time we ordered and paid in full...in March it and the sales person told us two weeks to build and two weeks to deliver. After not hearing anything we started calling/emailing and no one would respond until we said we wanted a refund and contacted the BBB. Suddenly we heard from *****************************************. I've had one office say that the other would call that very same day and of course no response at all. This is a large sum of money and due to the continued lack of communication and no product! We want a refund. Discover does NOT refund the money. They contact the company for a response. The ******** bill was paid in full when it arrived....therefore that money has been in your account for almost three months. We are not asking for a refund twice...we want it credited back to the card or a check from the company. At the very least the courtesy of a call or email assuring us that someone of any authority and integrity is paying attention and taking care of it. We are awaiting a call from our attorney as of today. This bookkeeper has hours from 10-2...we work from 7-4. We have taken time from work to call and gotten a voicemail that was full and could not take calls. It is absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional and does not inspire confidence in this company.

In rereading the original complaint when I put the dates being in March I meant May. I apologize. Ordered in March. In May we began trying to get a delivery date. The dates the bookkeeper is using are coming from her company. We wanted a furnace delivered the end of March to mid June. We never declined delivery. We were never given a delivery date. I wanted to clarify the dates. Thanks

We can offer Mr & Mrs ********* their unit to be completed and delivered by the end of August. We had gotten behind in our building department. I believe the dealers may have either forgotten or just misunderstood it would be a little while longer than expected for delivery. I spoke to ******** and several times apologized and gave her the office number for our bookkeeper.
Our bookkeeper has been out a lot due to numerous health issues and even transplant surgery (eye) so with all that she had to work parcel hours when she was feeling well. I myself had taken them off the route after speaking to ******** because I new she had ask to be refunded. We have a route going into ******** sometime in August hoping it will be roughly the third week of the month. If the customer will accept this we will immediately start the building process of the unit in which has been ordered. We can also email them pictures of the build progress on a step by step process.

The money was refunded to our credit card on July 15: We then ordered a furnace and it has been delivered and is being installed as we speak. As you can see from the timeline of this complaint we could not trust any information we received. ***** did respond to us but she has no power to do anything and the entire process only came to an end because ******** took the money back-because ****** never responded to them either. We hired an attorney who sent a letter as well.

We can offer Mr & Mrs Simparosa their unit to be completed and delivered by the end of August. We had gotten behind in our building department. I believe the dealers may have either forgotten or just misunderstood it would be a little while longer than expected for delivery. I spoke to ******** and several times apologized and gave her the office number for our bookkeeper.

01/29/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

We purchased a furnace in 2008 with a 20 year warranty. The furnace has not lasted and now they company won't stand behind their warranty.
We purchased the furnace serial number ******* on 8/1/2008. The furnace came with a 20 year warranty. This winter when we started up our furnace, we discovered that the furnace hadn't lasted and the metal in the roof had rotted away. We tried for months to contact the company. We left messages and occasionally were able to speak to a staff member who told us they would call us back but never did. I was finally about to connect with a staff member who requested that I send pictures as proof (which I did). I was then told that I should have had my water test each year as part of the warranty, but that is not what the warranty says to do. Then I was told that I had to show proof that I had been using chemicals to treat my water each year. I did treat my water and let them know the chemicals I used (which is what is recommended in my owners manual) but I have had this furnace for 6 years and never thought to save all the receipts (I expected the furnace to last longer than 6 years if it had a 20 year warranty). The company tells me it can be fixed and that they won't fix it for me. I told them I had a welder come out to my home to inspect the furnace and I was told it can not be fixed. I need help in getting this company to stand behind their warranty. At this point, I would just like my money back, because I have lost all faith in this company's product. In the warranty they state after 6 years they will refund up to 90% of the purchase price which was $5377 (in addition it cost us another $3000+ to hook up this furnace and purchase additional materials to make this furnace work on our home). I am hoping that you can get a better response from this company than I have had and can help me recoup some of the funds I have lost due to their substandard product.
***********

The warranty states that after 6 years they will refund 90% of the purchase price (%5377) and that is what I would like refunded to me.

The plant manager, *********, has reviewed this file and returned it to me this morning. He also provided me with copies of emails that he received from ******** at different times. The email of Jan. 10, 2014 plainly states that she has no proof of chemical purchased that are required to have a valid warranty. You have to do the maintenance and be able to show proof of said maintenance or the warranty becomes invalid. For example, if you bought a new car and never had it serviced, with oil, for example, the motor would not hold up. But that does not mean that Ford or whoever would give you your money back or replace the car's engine. We have to have guidelines to be able to warranty these units and ******** can not show records of service. We are sorry but there are requirements that have to be met.

12/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

No one from this company will return phone calls or e-mails,in an attempt to handle a warranty issue I have with threr product.
On 8-24-2010. I ordered a 250 model stove thru ****************** their dealer in my area. Stove was installed and placed into operation the winter of 2010.Cost of my stove total was $6174.00 including shipping and tax. The stove has been used on the heating seasons of 2010,2011,2012. September 11th 2013, I noticed water leaking at the front of my stove. I call and spoke with ***. He gave me a number to call for warranty issues. After more than 20 calls and messages, I had not recieved a return call. On one of my calls, *** the plant manager answered and said that he was to call me but had not got around to it. He wanted some pictures of the leaks. I emailed him pictures of 5 different leaks, I recieved a return email stating that there is rusting issue with my stove. Since then *** or anyone else will return any calls or emails.

Due to short time this stove has been in service and the amount of leaks involved, I would like to have the stove replaced. Since the heating season has started for 2013, I had to fix the 5 leaks myself. They have a 5 year on site warranty, to handle my problem. The bottem of the stove is rusting out from the inside and I believe that this is only the beginning of the amount leaks that are going to show up. I want to do what is fair to both parties involved, but when they refuse to respond what choices do I have?

*********** is unable to produce the yearly water analysis required by **************. At this time we are unable to warranty this furnace due to the lack of compliance as stated in the warranty section of the Installation Manual.

I purchased a five gallon pail of BMP rust blocker from their dealer and installed as directed. I have never been asked to provide any info becouse nobody from the company will communate. In my opinion that is just a generatic answer to my complaint. It is kind of funny that they make me the problem when they do not respond to the BBB on the first request, or to me on all my attemps before contacting the BBB. The BMP rust blocker is good for 5 years & doesn't require a yearly water analysis. Check their web site and see how they promote the five year water treatment. I have done everything on my end of the warrenty and weldrite has done nothing but respond to the BBB one time on two requests. If weldrite had any intentions of doing anything with my warranty issues they would contact me since I have tried to contact them.

04/22/2015Problems with Product / Service

Stoves - Wood, Coal, Metal Fabricators, Furnace Sales & Service, Heating Equipment, Art Metal Work