Sam's Club (Headquarters)

925 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 337 closed in last 12 months
Other1

04/27/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have requested a membership refund and told I'm entitled to one, but I'm getting the run around as to where to actually get the refund.
I bought a Sam's Club membership on LivingSocial on 10/27/2014 (voucher #*************). In the fall of 2015, having barely used the membership due to a lack of products that met my needs, I requested a refund. The cashier said that I was guaranteed a refund per Sam's Club 100% money-back guarantee, but she could not do it in-store because it was a LivingSocial voucher. She had me contact Sam's Club corporate. Upon contacting Sam's Club corporate, I was told that the store associate was incorrect, and that I had to seek the refund from any Sam's Club location in-store. I returned to my local Sam's Club and explained that corporate had sent me back for a refund. The store associate claimed she did not know how to process a refund for a LivingSocial membership, and that I needed to contact LivingSocial for a refund. I contacted LivingSocial, who stated that they could not do a refund this far out, and that any money-back guarantees made by Sam's Club would have to be honored by Sam's Club and not LivingSocial. I am getting tired of being sent back and forth because no one knows how to process a refund of my membership!

A refund by cash or check for the membership amount paid.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review of ************ case we were able to issue a refund for the Membership. The circumstances were unfortunate and we extend a sincere apology to **********. We look forward to our continued business with her.

04/21/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

My order wasn't available when promised and they refused to ship it to me instead.
My friend made a purchase online- order number **********. She was unavailable to pick it up, so I offered to pick it up for her. I'm not a member of the store, but I called and was advised that it wouldn't be a problem. I received multiple e-mails that the order was ready. When I went to pick it up, they had record of the order, but the order was not up front. They attempted to get someone to gather the items for me, but nobody came. After waiting 30 minutes for what should have taken 5 minutes, I had other priorities to attend to and had to leave without my friend's items. It is embarrassing that I was unable to complete this favor for my friend. I complained to both the manager and the headquarters requesting that they ship the order to me so I would not have to be inconvenienced again. Even if I did come back, how could I be assured I wouldn't be in the same position as last time? I was refused and offered a gift card instead. I found this to be insulting. As I am not a member, this does nothing for me as I cannot shop there. The bottom line is, my friend has already paid for an order, she made arrangements to pick it up, and it was unavailable due to the store's error. Hence, the store should now be required to ship the order. They claim they cannot, but we all know the capability is there- it's really a matter of them choosing not to. Unfortunately, they made the error so they must address it in a matter that is fitting- not by just throwing a gift card at the problem. I would like to be contacted to arrange for shipment of the items.

I would like the store to contact me directly for an address to which they can ship the items.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review of the case we have verified that our Corporate Support Specialist has responded to the complaint with the following information:

Can I have someone else pick up my order?

Yes. To have your order picked up by someone else, you must select that option during checkout. You'll need to provide the pick up person's name, e-mail address and phone number. Your pickup person will need to show his/her ID and the order number at the club when picking up the order
Bring your online order number with you to the club. Once you arrive at the club, please proceed to the Samsclub.com Check in Kiosk, enter your information and an associate will bring your items to you.

The circumstances were unfortunate and we extend a sincere apology to ************. We look forward to our continued business with her.

Did anyone even read my complaint? Looks like they just copied something off of an faq page. My complaint was that the order wasn't ready as promised, not that I wasn't allowed to pick it up. So, no, they did not address my concern at all.

After receiving the response from the BBB, I resigned myself to picking up the items in store. I don't need them to ship the items for me, but there are two things I'd like to note:
1.) The response provided to the BBB was truly awful. It had nothing to do with my complaint and it appears that perhaps nobody even really read what my concern was.
2.) I finally got a response from customer service indicating they were open to shipping me the items, but it was a complicated to do so and I had already gone out again to pick them up. While I appreciate the gesture, it was too little too late.

As I have my items, you can close this matter, but I think it should be noted that the service was quite poor on the part of Sam's Club.

04/19/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sams Club and *****************, refuse to honor the manufacturer warranty.
On 06/25/15, I purchased item ****** ******** Leather Rocker Recliner at Sams Club ****. The chair broke into 2 pieces when I sat in it. The back completely broke and is apart from the seat. I brought the broken chair into Sams for a replacement since it was within the 1 year warranty period. They refused and made me take it out. I notified ******************* who handle the warranty for ******** and they advised that Sams should have taken it and either refunded my money or replaced the chair and that they would contact the manager there. *************** asked for pictures, which I sent. They advised that I could possibly replace the part and they would send it. I told them I am physically incapable of doing so and that a service technician will have to be sent to do this. I did not pay $400 for a chair that was so cheaply made it broke and I am expected to repair it. I have nobody that can install this part they offered to send. I need a technician to come out or for Sams to honor the manufacturer warranty and give me a refund or replacement. I have no chair to sit in now in my home. After I told *************** this, they stopped responding to my emails and will not communicate.

I want Sams to honor the manufacturer warranty and refund my money or replace the chair. After this, I prefer a refund so I can go elsewhere for a quality product.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review of the case we have verified that our Club Manager has resolved the issue with ************* at Club level. Our Member expressed satisfaction with the resolution. We look forward to a continued relationship with her.

04/11/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I received a gift card from the company for purchasing certain products. On the gift card in tiny lettered it says you must activate the gift card before you can use it. I did not see that. I put it in my wallet and later brought out the gift card to use in the store and the store told me that I needed to call the number on the back of the card and they will reissue the card since it had expired. I did call the number and it was an automatic number that just hung up up on me. Then I went back to the store and spoke again to the customer service and say they couldn't do anything to fix the situation. The gift card was for 10.00

Replace the gift card with one I can use.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review we have determined that a new e-gift card has been sent to ********** to replace her original card. We look forward to a continued relationship with her.

04/11/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I want refund of $100 memebrship fee I paid, I have not received it since February.
I paid $100 on February 2nd, and now is April ,,,,,
Back on January, Sams club has a promotional for renewal membership, the promotion is to give gift card of 20 dollars if renew SAM's club membership through samsclub.com. They charged $100.00.
I received an email indicated that it is a $20 dollars gift card. But when I went to Samsclub store, the cashier denied the 20 dollars email print out. I later decided to cancel my FUTURE membership. I bought it on February, and my renewal date is April, so I thought my $100 renewal membership is not started yet. I called the sams club and also went to local store,
located on *********, so the cancellation is done.

I cancelled on February 10th, I thought my renewal date is April, but when I cancelled my $100 membership for renewal on April, Sams also cancelled my two months left over from my previous membership.

I want to get my $100 membership back and also Sam's should give me back my 2 months left over from my previous membership.

I do not understand why is it taking so long to get my refund? I paid on February 2nd, and today
is April 3rd, where is my refund?

I want my refund of $100 back to me now, and also my 2 months of sams membership that I paid previously back to me as well.

Business Response /* (***0, 5, 2016/04/08) */
At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review and speaking with *******, we have issued a full refund for her membership and provided a year on us. We look forward to a continued relationship with her.

Sams club representative called me and apologize their customer services quality.
I got my refund back (***) and I also got my two months of membership back (in terms of gift certificate).
So I have no issues now.

05/02/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I ordered two recliners online. They sent me the wrong items and have not yet picked up the items after over 5 weeks (I have nowhere to store them).
I ordered two recliners online. Both items I received were the wrong item. I called them immediately to let them know and they assured me they'd be able to pick them up in 7-14 days. We never received a call and have called them multiple times. We've also posted on their facebook wall as well. It's now been over 5 weeks and we still have both recliners. Both items are extremely over-sized and we have no where to store them. We've been trying to get Sam's club to pick up the items that they wrongfully shipped for well over a month now, and have never once received a call from the pickup shipping company. It's ridiculous that they sent us not only one of the wrong item, but messed up our whole order and are now refusing to correct their mistake. WE HAVE NO WHERE TO PUT THESE RECLINERS SAMS CLUB. COME AND PICK THEM UP ALREADY!!!! ITS BEEN OVER A MONTH!!

1) PICK UP YOUR RECLINERS!!
2) PROCESS MY REFUND THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PROCESSED 5 WEEKS AGO SINCE YOU'RE THE ONES WHO MESSED UP MY ORDER!!

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review we have determined that the refund for the order was sent on 3/25/2016. The local carrier has also been contacted to complete the pick-up of the recliners. We look forward to a continued relationship with **********.

05/02/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a Nuvision Tablet from a Sam's Club auction. I placed the bid February 25th. It was shipped approximately a week and a half late arriving to me on March 2, 2016. The tablet would no longer take a charge and I called them on March 30, 2016. They then told me that because the table had been bid on more than 30 days ago that I was out of luck and 61 dollars. I explained that I had not had 30 days with this tablet. They said too bad.
Order_Number: ***********

Refund or repair for defective product.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review we have determined that a full refund was issued on the order because it was in ********** possession less than 30 days. We hope for a continued relationship with him.

04/19/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Purch furniture on Jan 22 16. Huge delivery window was Feb 8 to March 2. After countless calls and 3way calls with shipping, NO ONE has a clue to when
My name is *************. My order #**********. I ordered a bedroom suite for my daughter on Jan 22, 16 on Sams club online. It gave a huge delivery window of Feb 8 to Mar 2. I called 1 week before last delivery date. No info was available. I made multiple calls March 1st (the day before last day of huge delivery window)to see what was going on. Still no one knows anything. called shipping. they know nothing. ************* shipping did a 3way call with **** at Blue Truck. He said that there is a new delivery company for *******(************) and he didn't know who would deliver it. Not very helpful probably due to the fact their company was no longer going to be used by Sams. They said they would ask back office to escalate, whatever that means. ******* offered 75 ecard. then went to 100 refund on credit card instead. I thought that was low but they said it should be at the local shipping company that day. (DEFINATELY NOT TRUE) I called today, March 9, 2 days later. Amazingly the same thing. **** at the delivery company knows nothing. to quote him. "still in shipping. hasn't been received yet. We don't deliver anymore for Sams. theres a better than avg chance we wont be delivering your furniture. It may be ************." of course he doesn't know their #. I called Sams customer service next. ******** sent me to supervisor ******. After holding multiple times, she was able to find out that the furniture is still in **************.(WOW!) ****** went on to inform me there will be one more stop somewhere else for the furniture, AND THEN on to the local shipping company. I was stunned. I know that means it is nowhere close to being delivered if it is still in NC and has to go somewhere else before it get sent to the local shipping company. ****** offered me 150 instead of 100. That is peanuts for the ridiculous amount of time we are forced to wait. I am very frustrated. My wife is in disbelief of the run around and delay.

We've shopped with sams for approx. 20 years with a 3 month break in the middle for annual membership lapsing. We spend a good bit of money at Sams. I think the 75 first offer was so small for furniture that was approx. $2500 and the super delay we are experiencing. Then they went to 100. Today they went to 150. This is just too small for the continued delay and lack of awareness on everyone's part prior to today. They told us more than once it should be at the local shipping company that day. Part of us wants to cancel the order because this is ridiculous, but we would just have to start over again and wait even longer for our daughters furniture. We believe 20-25% would be in line assuming it eventually does arrive.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review we have verified that the carrier has delivered ************* items. Due to the delay in shipping we have also worked out compensation on his next order. We look forward to a continued relationship with him.

04/18/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I cancelled my membership within days of signing up due to poor service and requested a refund. The company will not refund me.
I signed up in December and cancelled a couple weeks later due to the extremely poor service I was experiencing. The company gave me the run around regarding my cancellation and would not cancel my membership. I believe this was so the cancellation would be effective after the first 30 days, which would limit my refund of membership signup. Because I was requesting a refund within the first 30 days, I am entitled to a 100% refund. I finally was able to push the cancellation through, after calling 4 times, and emailing twice. At that time, on December 29th, I was told they would mail me my refund check and I would receive it in 4 weeks. It is now 12 weeks later, the company has not refunded me, they have not issued a check, nor are they helping me. I have called two more times, inquiring about the refund and again, I am being told it is getting elevated to a different department and they will handle it. I believe they have an intentional policy to withhold refunds in order to increase their revenue.

I want my refund back asap.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After attempting to reach *********** by phone or email we were unable to speak with him. We were able to verify that he was sent an eGift card for the refund and a small additional amount as compensation. If *********** reaches back out we are happy to assist him. We look forward to a continued relationship with him.

04/18/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I asked Sams Club to exchange my old couch for a new one and provide delivery, because the one that I bought was broken.
I contacted Sams Club because I bought a couch, and right out of the box one of the brackets did not properly snap into place. When we looked up reviews on the couch after the fact, we see that other buyers have the same exact complaint. I asked Sams Club to please exchange the couch and provide shipping. When I bought the couch I had to rent a truck and pay for millage, and I think it is unfair to have to pay for a truck again when it is not my fault that I received a faulty product. When I contact them, they take forever to reply, and never give me a straight or helpful answer. The couch, as is, is extremely uncomfortable and hurts my back, and I refuse to just deal with it, because they gave me a bad product. The bracket that connects the backrest with the seat never clicked in properly, and now, the back separates from the seat, and does not recline properly. I just ask for a new couch, delivered, and this one picked up. A simple exchange. The last time I contacted them was 2/19 and I have still not received a reply.

As a resolution, I would them to replace my current couch with a couch that is not broken, with delivery.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review of the case we have verified that our Club Manager has resolved the issue with ********** at Club level. ************ spoke with the new Club ************************** yesterday and arranged for a new couch exchange and delivery. Member was very nice and all is well and taken care of. Our Member expressed satisfaction with the resolution. We look forward to a continued relationship with her.

04/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a pair of diamond earrings at Sams Club for $999.00 on 3/26/2013. I was given a credit of $599.00 towards the purchase when I returned a pair of diamond earrings (with a sales receipt) that was given me as a gift because I already owned the same pair. The sales clerk had boxes of certification cards not kept in any particular order. She could not find the certification card and explained that the jewelry department was going through some changes and told me they would be contacting me when the certification card was found. She told me to keep the receipt in case there were any problems getting the certification card. The transaction date was 3/26/2013 and after numerous tries I still do not have the certification card. They said they would send out a fax for the card and it would take two weeks. The fax was supposedly sent out in February. A few weeks ago I was told by a manager not to keep coming back into the store because they had requested the card and they would mail it to me or call me. I went back to the store tonight and spoke with a manager again. This was the first time anyone even bothered to look through the boxes. At that time I discovered they recorded a wrong phone number for me even though the manager had the right phone number on a sticky note. I also learned from employees there that they have had continuing problems and changes in the jewelry department to date.I have been more than patient and the time spent trying to resolve this is taking me away from my family.I am beginning to wonder if I even received what I paid for based on some comments made by the sales clerk at the time of purchase.
Product_Or_Service: 2 ct diamond earrings 14kt white gold
Order_Number: *****************

I am beginning to wonder if I even received what I paid for based on comments made by the sales clerk at the time of purchase. I was not trying to return the but I do want some confirmation now that the pair I left with on 3/26/2013 is indeed the pair I paid for. At this point, I am wondering if the certification card even proves that the pair I have is the same.I would like to have an appraisal or certified jeweler compare the earrings with the certification card when received or return them.

02/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

TV installation performed with poor quality, resulting in damage to TV. Requests for correction of the problem were ignored by Sams club.
I called Sams club installation. A gentleman in ******** answered my phone and scheduled installation of a 60 inch Samsung TV that I had purchased from Sams Club store, for a $300 installation fee, which I paid by credit card at the time. At the scheduled installation time, a man arrived at our house and said his partner has not showed up and he is capable of installing the 60 inch TV on top of our fireplace on his own. He started working around 8 AM on installation. However, he could not figure out the wire connections and after several trials, my fiancé had to call me at work to ask about the wires. Turns out he simply did not now about different HDMI ports. When I came home at 6 pm, he was still working on the installation (total of 10 hours). My fiancé said he had asked her for help in connecting the cables, etc because it was almost impossible for him to install the TV and wires on top of the fireplace on his own. He also had to carry the TV by touching the screen, while the handbook indicates this can damage the TV. During all this time, my fiancé had to be present to respond to requests of help by this man. Once the man had to go out and purchase necessities for work, as he had brought very limited materials with him. During his work, he damaged an HDMI cable I had recently bought for $100 from BestBuy. He asked us to just return the damaged HDMI cable to BestBuy and get the refund. He did not compensate us for the damage to the HDMI cable. After TV was installed and the installer left, I noticed a black dot on the screen when the TV was showing pictures. I called Sams Club and explained the situation. They said this service the way I described it had not been acceptable by their standards and they would look into it. Eventually, after multiple phone calls, they decided to send an installer to take the TV down so we could return it to Sams store and exchange it with another TV, so they could install it again. On the scheduled day, my fiance waited for the installer to come and bring down the TV. But the installer never showed up. We called Sams and they said there has been a miscommunication and they would call us back to schedule the installer again. They never called back. I tried calling them several times and every time they would say they would call back and they never did. Finally, I called and asked them for a refund of the installation fee. They said I would be contacted by their manager. Later I got a message on my phone that their work had been done adequately and they would not refund the fee. I tried to call the number they provided and found out that apparently they had switched to a different system or contractor, which had no record of the work that was done for me.

Since I have lost hope that Sams is willing to resolve this issue, I am requesting Sams to refund my installation fee of $300. It can be refunded to the same credit card it was paid for.

At Sam's Club, we continually strive to exceed the expectations of our Members and work hard to improve our service to them. After full review of ************ case, we were unable to successfully reach our Member. We extend a sincere apology to our Member and will be happy to look back in to his concerns if provided with additional contact information

My phone number has not changed and I have not got any phone calls or messages from Sams. I also noticed that due to lack of experience of the installer, 4 additional large holes have been created behind the TV, which should be compensated at $10 per hole, for a total of 300+40=340. Additionally, if Sams Club tries to keep me on the phone for excessive amount of time, it would be fair if I get compensated at $100 per hour, which is what I get paid for my time at work.

We have tried contacting ********** on 12/19 & 12/20 at the following number provided ************. The voice mail box is stating that it is full. Please provide update contact information.

11/19/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

i was in sams club10/01/13 buying food when i got to check out the girl said sams was running a promation on a sams plus card if you sign up for it and you were approved you would get 2% back on your card and the interest was lower than reg sams card which it isnt! there was about 8 people that sign up at the time i was sams people were telling us if we didnt like the card sams would buy it back from us when i got home i found out i had a sams plus from before i didnt like it so i called sams club and the lady told me to bring in my transaction where sams charge it to sams plus and sams would take care of it! i went today 10/11/13 to have it taken care and the girl told me that sams cant do anything about cause i sign up for card and i owe the money that i charged! now i have 2 charge cards that i dont want the sams plus and its good till aug 20014 which was charged to my account! ii call the************ on the back of my card and told them what was going on ans i was told they couldnt do anything about this! i think this wrong what they are doing to people and i think i should have this bill taken care i owe 140.86 and this account!
Product_Or_Service: charged card 140.86

i would like this taken care in the amount of 140.86! and put a stop to want sams is doing to people that shop there miss leading them to make money!

11/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I opened an account with Sam's club in Oct.2009 and have an great payment history.I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus and was terminated from my job in September. So I called Sam's Club yesterday 10/05/2013 about 2:10 pm, to get on a hardship program. I was given the run around for about an hour. And I had to constantly repeat myself as if I was speaking another language. They were impling that they did not understand me. They connected me with the wrong departments, didn't seem concerned and reps were not friendly. I lost my signal and called back but they informed me the finance department was closed. Today at about 9:30am they said the depart was not opened yet when in fact they were opened. I told them to double check and indeed they were opened. This made me so upset. I told them that once trained properly, I think I can get a job in about a year. Then I was offered one option, a hardship program for $69 monthly and they would drop the interest to 15% for one year. I said that's not helping me any. That would cause me further financial difficulties. As of October 5th my minimum payment is $89 and my interest is currently 22%. I told them I do not have $69. They didn't care and I told ******************* they were lying. So can you help me find out are they telling the truth?
Account_Number: ******************

I would like a lower interest rate and payment amount for the hardship program. It will help me if the interest was 10% and the payments were between $20-30 dollars. And I would need a longer time to be on the program if possible.

12/09/2014Problems with Product / Service