Arkansas

BBB Accredited Business since 01/09/2009

Many Islands Camp, Inc.

06/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel

Complaint: Poor service and lack of understanding the situation. Money was taken without any evidence of what was being accused.
First of all there are no trash cans at the camp sites so you need to make sure you bring trash bags if you care. Beer cans seem to pile up rather quickly and so does all the other random garbage. We stayed there 3 nights. Trash started to become an issue with 17 people. We never saw a single employee come by and collect the trash like the other camp sites on ************.
Second issue that I had with Many Island and their management is the lack of understanding. I understand that management has a hard time and have to wait on drunks guest. I could tell by their attitude when talking to anyone. They could really careless whether you come back or not, because the partyers will come back year after year to drink and do whatever they want.
Third was the way I was treated after spending $110 to rent a raft for a single day. On top of that they made me put down $100 for a deposit. Once I returned the raft after I thought it would be simple to get the $100 back. I walked into the main office and stand in line for 25 minutes and then speak to the lady and man behind the counter. I tell them that I am here to get my deposit. They ask for my ID, turn around, and whispering to one another for a minute. The lady turns around and said that I would only receive $70 of my deposit because I had 9 people in the raft. I paid for 6 people and was charged a little extra. I also picked up two extra people that were left at *************** that helped an overturned canoe. It is about a 10-15 ride to where I dropped them off. This was a good ways from where you turn in the watercraft at Many Islands. The lady said that I had nine people. I told her the story and she could have cared less. She wanted the money. I am guessing they have spies or something on the river.

Boat Renting & Leasing, Vacation Rentals, Campgrounds & RV Parks