BBB Accredited Business since 07/26/1965

Russell Chevrolet-Honda

04/23/2013Problems with Product / Service
05/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I added remote keyless start for $748. I was unhappy with the quality. I contacted day of pick up. Rude and almost hostile.
I bought a 2013 Honda Civic in September 2013. I am a public school teacher and was 9 months pregnant. I explained to them I wanted remote keyless start so that I could keep my car running while my baby was in there or my dog when it was hot. I didn't want so much wear and tear on my new car by turning it off every time I had to get out. I paid almost $800 for the feature. When I got the car, the salesman had no knowledge of how to use it. They had to get the installer who had to read the manual. Basically the part works by locking the doors, starting the car, but if you unlock the car the engine shuts off. It is basically useless and will only stay on for 20 minutes max. I contacted them that day saying I was unsatisfied. My dad and I visited the dealership the next day. I was 9 months pregnant. The manage of the place came in very defensive and rude. He told me the best they could do was take off the part free of charge, but I would still have to pay. I contacted the owner of the business asking him what we could do to resolve the issue. I told him I know that no one got rich off of a Honda Civic, but it was a huge deal to me. When I looked at the car, that was a deal breaker, if I could not get that feature. I expressed to them why I wanted it. They did not inform me of the part. I had test drove a Chevrolet at the lot with that feature and it was wonderful. I thought for sure Honda would be comparable if not better. The owner responded by saying, "Thanks for letting me know." I responded back by asking what we were going to do to resolve the issue. He never got back to me. Now every time I use that feature, I am disgusted with the inferior quality and remember how I was treated. Totally unsatisfied with the customer service, especially since they claim to be a "family business."

I would not mind giving my car back. I am not happy with it's performance, as well as the part that I was sold.
Second, if I am going to pay top of the line money for a part, I should get top of the line performance from it. I would like it replaced with the Chevy remote keyless entry and be given a refund of the difference.

*************** purchased a civic on 8/27/2013, over 8 months ago. The salesman and the sales manager both attempted to talk her out of the remote start from Honda. There was an issue of the payment being high, and the sales manager said that if *************** would take the remote start out of the deal, thus lowering the payment, we would be where she wanted to be in regards of payment. She would not have it, and demanded the remote start be put on the car. After parts are taken out of packaging and installed on cars, we can not take them off the car and return them to Honda for a refund. That is Honda's policy, not Russell Honda's. If we had been misleading in any way about the remote start, Russell Honda would have refunded her money and taken a loss. However, it's the opposite, we tried to talk her out of getting the remote start.
I agree that the chevrolet system is much more convenient, but that system is not compatable with a honda. I do not see where Russell Honda is in the wrong here, and question why a complaint has now been made on a transaction that occurred last year.

As they said, they tried to talk me out of the part due to the money issue, not the inadequatacy of the part for what I was using it for. I explained to my sales person in the very beginning that I wanted the part and why. They were not knowledgable about the part and by no means told me how it worked as a means of giving me a heads up as to maybe it not fitting what I needed it for. The sales manager was rude. They would not work with us at all.
As I stated before, I was 9 months pregnant during this time. No one knew how the part worked when I picked it up. They had to get the installer to come out and show us how it worked, then he had to use the manual and then told me to do the same because we couldn't get it to work again. Aren't you supposed to be knowledgable about the things you sell so you can take into consideration the customer's need for the part and if it would actually work? Isn't that part of their job? If so, then I guess Russell Honda is at fault. I contacted them immediately about my dissatisfaction. The next day my father and I went up there. I have tried to live with the part but everytime I use it, I am reminded of how I got ripped off on an inferior part and the people I bought it from not only were not knowledgable but rude when I asked for assistance with my dissatisfaction. As one can see, you hear money, money, money here in their response; Nothing about the customer stated before she even test drove the car, she wanted this feature and we informed her of how it worked. I think that I am not a valued customer because I bought a civic versus a higher priced car. What happened to going there and being treated like family? Is that how they treat their family?

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Dealers - Used Cars