Arkansas

Lindsey Management Co., Inc.

37 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 8 closed in last 12 months

07/03/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Paid them $1350 and never received keys for apartment. They turned account over to collections without calling or mailing me. I never moved in.
I Paid the 600 dollar deposit fee and the first months rent fee of 750 dollars. I did not receive my keys or see the apartment. They never called me or mailed me. They turned the account over to collections stating that I owe them $2,350 Dollars.
I'm currently disputing the claims of my credit report and refuse to give them more money for nothing.

Let me successfully dispute the accounts off my credit report

04/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Release from lease agreement based on transfer/reassignment of DoD civilian personnel
Lindsey Management Co, INC rejected my request to be released from my lease agreement. I provided Lindsey Management Co, INC a minimum of 30 days notice and copies of the DoD personnel action, Standard Form 50, directing my transfer/reassignment to Indianapolis, IN and the Authorization for DOD Civilian Permanent Duty Change of Station (PCS)Travel, DD Form ****.

Based on my DoD directed transfer/reassignment to ***************** Lindsey Management Co, INC release me from my lease agreement with no penalty. This was transfer/reassignment was directed by my agency. Lindsey Management Co, INC personnel indicated prior to signing my lease in 2009 and again in January 2014, I was required to provide a copy of my orders (DD Form ****) and a minimum of 30 days notice, and I would be released from my lease based on the agency directed transfer/reassignment with no penalty.

04/02/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I did not receive any information regarding my payment not received; my account was sent to a debt collector without any notification
I moved out 1/18/2014, after a number of complaints regarding illegal changes made to my lease. I was not aware of the forgery until it was time to break my lease due to personal issues. I was responsible to pay $1,315.00 for breaking my lease, so I sent my payment and it was received on March 18, 2014 at 4:57 PM according to my tracking and shipping requirement that I placed on the shippment. It also shows that the package was delivered and SIGNED! For some reason, Lindsey states that they did not receive my payment. I was not notified of this until I received a call from a debt collector today at 9am 3/25/2014. Instead of Lindsey contacting me at any point and letting me know they have not received a payment, they sent my account directly to a debt collector. So, now I am at risk of a payment I sent 2 weeks ago affecting my credit!

I am unsure of the settlement I seek, but something needs to be handled as far as their business practices and their policy regarding their customers.

05/29/2014Problems with Product / Service
04/10/2014Billing / Collection Issues
08/15/2014Problems with Product / Service
02/13/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Received a bill from Vantage Center stating a balance due. I called and asked for paperwork/evidence for the charges they stated they had none. They did leave a voice message on my phone which I saved that said that the carpet was so worn down that they could see the cement through it. If they could see this why did they charge me 41.71 for carpet cleaning if they knew they had to replace it. Lindsey charged me 209.60 to replace the carpet. Called them back again and spoke with Grace and she stated that they had no photographic evidence to show that the carpet was worn and the had no paperwork to back up the charges. The date on the paper work is dated the 6th of January, I received it the 11th of January, they want me to pay this with no evidence by the 28th of January which is not even 30 days. This is just bad practice, I would like the 41.71 charge for cleaning of the carpet removed if they knew they had to replace it. This makes me think that the carpet replacement is just another fraudulent charge a away to get more money from me.

Evidence would be great if they are going to charge someone they should be able to back up the charges. The cleaning charge for the carpet should be dropped which was 41.71. The carpet replace should also be dropped based on the fact that they painted the apartment on the 29th of December, then they cleaned the carpet on the 30th of December after which was then decided to replace the carpet. How would I know if they had to replace the carpet because of the painters getting it dirty? I should have at least 30 days to pay a bill, they gave me 21 days.

Mrs. Cooper,

The name of the place is Vantage Center which is professionally managed by Lindsey Management Co. The number to contact is at 479-527-9851. Managers names are Dee Dee Daire and Russ Herron. The address to the apartment I was at is 1150 E Shephard Ln, Apt 108 in Fayetteville AR.

08/07/2014Problems with Product / Service