Wellington Room

12/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My fiance and I went to The Wedding Chapel on October 21, 2013, to discuss their services and after the first meeting we felt that by using the service that it would reduce the stress of the wedding. We placed a deposit of $500.00, signed an order form, and made an appointment for a meeting to plan the rest of the details. I arrived for the next meeting at 4:45 pm on October 28, 2013, but the business owner did not show up until an hour after the appointment time of 5:00 pm. While I was waiting, I tried calling her and my friend who was there with me also tried calling her, but we both got the answering machine. After waiting 30 minutes, I sent a text to my fiance and let him know that both my and my friend's cell phones were dying and I asked him to call her. He responded at 5:36 pm that he also got the answering machine, but he then called me to tell me that she was on her way. We ended up staying and trying to make the rest of the plans, but I realized that even though she apologized that I did not feel confident that she would be able to handle our wedding if she was not able to keep the appointment time. I asked by fiance to find out if she would give us a refund on the deposit and she told him that it was nonrefundable. When I called her on November 5, I got her answering machine and I did not hear back from her until I called her twice on 7th. She told me that she was under no obligation to give us a refund and I explained to her that when we signed the contract we expected her to be on time and do her best with the wedding and her being late made her appear unorganized and unprofessional, I did not feel comfortable enough to give her more money, and hiring her was supposed to help with the stress of planning the wedding. Even though she ended up giving us half of the deposit back, she made me feel like she was entitled to it since she had to turn a higher paying party away for the date we had set.
Product_Or_Service: Wedding services

Refund of rest of the deposit

Wedding Chapels & Ceremonies