Blue Plumbing

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

05/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased a toilet from Lowe's they contracted **** Plumbing to install. Job was extremely overpriced.
On Mar 18, **** Plumbing (contracted thru Lowe's Home Improvement) came to our house to install a toilet. They advised us the flange was rusted and broken. He told us he could come back Friday and take care of it. On Friday, March 20th the plumber ******* came worked about 20 mins and sent pictures to his boss and told us it would be a 4-5 hour job, including jack hammering the concrete, installing a new pvc flange and then applying the new concrete, wait 8 to 10 hrs for the concrete to cure and then reset the toilet. The boss said to charge $1,800.00 and ***** told him he could not do that. $1,500.00 would cover it. ***** stated he would be here 7:30am on Monday and would have to come back later Monday to set toilet or Tuesday morning. On Monday at 11:30am I called the plumber to ask when they were coming. The secretary said she thought they had been here all morning. ***** called quickly and said he was on his way. He and a helper arrived at 12:20pm, worked for 20 mins and told us it was not as bad as he thought but he needed to go to town for supplies. They left at 12:40 and came back at 1:40pm. He stated they were in a stalemate as he needed supplies and had no way to pay for them. My husband asked him how much. He said probably $30.00 so he gave him $60.00 and they left again at 1:50pm and returned at 2:35pm. they had purchased a bucket, trowel, concrete, a 4" pipe extender, and a Pvc couple. They started work again and at 3:05pm, he came out and said they were done. They had installed the new flange poured the concrete and set the toilet. He said they needed my credit card for the bill. I asked if the price was less as it was not a much work as they thought. He said no. His helper then entered my credit card number, exp date and security code in his cell phone. I said I thought the concrete was suppose to cure before setting the toilet and he said it was already cured just wait 2 hours before setting on it. After they left my husband and I both felt like we were way overcharged so I called the office number, with no answer. But in about an hour the secretary called me back and I told her we felt we had been overcharged. she said she would have the owner call us. The next day I called my credit card company and they are freezing the account after this charge posted, and sending me a new card. Cody Blue, owner did call the next day and said it was a bid job. I asked for an itemized bill and he stated he did not do that on a bid job. He charges $125.00 an hour for mileage. (The secretary had told me it was $85.00 an hour for the plumber). So you can see these figures do not add up. Since this time my credit card is putting this amount in dispute and will take it to a Dispute committee. Lowes called to see if the job was okay. I told him my story and just 3 hrs later the secretary for the plumber called and said I would be receiving a big credit. That they overbid to make sure it covered the whole job, but as soon as she gets the tech report she will adjust the cost and send me an email outlining all the costs and how much our refund would be. she also asked if I would call Lowes and tell them we worked things out. I never received an email. On Thursday, April 2nd, I called the plumber number with no answer. Then I called Lowe's to report I had heard nothing from the Blue Plumbing. The number I had for the plumber turned out to be the secretary April ********* private cell phone. I did talk to her later and she advised she refused to write up a overpriced and deceptive bid for our job and she was fired. The plumber, ***** was also fired. She also stated this was not the only time this had come up. She stated she will back me up if I need her to. I do owe for this job. I just believe I was way overcharged.

a http://www.amarillo.ebindr.com/ebindr/images/icons16x/scrub.jpgfair cost of work done and mileage.

We do agree that the job was inadverantly overcharged. We spoke to the customer at the end of March and we agreed to refund $675.00. The check was written and supposed to be mailed out by our secretary. However, during this time we terminated the secretary's employment and did not realize the check was never mailed. The secretary was not terminated for refusing to write a deceptive bid. At the time she spoke with the customer, she was a disgrunted ex employee. We have been in communication with Lowe's in regards to this unfortunate situation. Lowe's is mailing the refund check to the customer. Please accept our apoligies for this gross mis-communication as this is not the way we like to do business.

09/16/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hired to replace main sewer line. Told it would take 2 days and its now 3months. they have screens my calls not shown up to finish the work.
Hired Blu Plumbing Monday May 23, 2016. $3,500 to replace main sewer line. I was told it would take only 2days. On Wednesday May 25th i was told they would finish by May 26th. No workers showed up on May 26th. on May 27th i called to ask if they were going to show up. i was told they will come out May 28th and finish the work. No one showed. May 31 called and they said they will finish the job that week. No one showed. week of June 6th i believe the hole was dug and line replaced but failed City inspection. That week after City returned and approved of work they started to fill back the hole in yard. Then they stopped showing up to finish the job. there is a 1/2 fill hole in my yard. i called repeatedly and calls were not answered or returned. June 10th i called attorney b/c my calls were not begin answered. they said the work would be done the following week. they never showed or called.

i would like the job to be finished. after having a hole in yard for 3months i would like hole to be filled, yard returned to good condition, and money refunded.

07/29/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

filed a claim, came out took agreed upon "Co-Pay" for repair, have not heard from co. since!!
We filed a claim with American Home Shield (AHS) because our water heater was leaking. AHS sent Blue Plumbing for the repair. Tech came in, looked at the water heater and told my parents that it was a refrigeration problem and that he would have their refrigeration guy come and look, that my parents wouldn't have to pay the "co-pay" again. It has been a month and haven't heard from them since. We had to have our AC worked on ( decided to pay for it ourselves instead of depending on AHS) the tech opens the door and the first thing he says is we have a huge leak coming from the bottom of the water heater- what Blue Plumbing was sent to fix. AHS still has the claim open according to their website, and we have tried calling Blue plumbing multiple times, even went to the address that is out on Google ( huge house in City View) no answer on the phone or in person.

We want our money back!! Absolutely nothing was done or attempted to be done to repair the leak and now we have to purchase and have installed a new water heater for something that could have possibly been repaired that now has to be replaced.

Plumbers