Quail Creek Landscape

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

05/11/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Installed broken used sprinkler control box. Have contacted Mr. ****** by email and phone conversation, and has yet to make arrangements to install.
I want a new control box to be installed in the garage.

I just want the box to be replaced with a new one.

A used clock was installed and approved by the customer. It was not broken at the time of installation. There is no warranty.

The box was broken at the time of installation. The door falls off the box, and the stations do not run when programmed. I did not approve this box, and I paid for a new box, so I would like for it to be replaced.

I paid full price for the job, and expect him to purchase and install a new box. The contract states that parts/labor are under warranty for 1 year.

BBB sent e-mails to business to ask for paperwork in regards to the case. Business responds that his control box was used, but paperwork sent by the consumer does not have an indication that this part was used. BBB asked the business to send do documentation to support his statement. This is what the business responds: It was a verbal agreement. I will install a new one if she purchases the one she wants. I am meeting half way. The City of Amarillo inspected the installation and found no faults in any of the work.

05/05/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Work started, deposit made, company won't finish work in reasonable time period without payment in full.
Quail Creek Landscaping Timeline
Saturday, March 7
*Began clearing beds -
*Did not clean up mess. Left existing rocks (at least 400 lbs.) and wheelbarrows in front of the house.
NOTE: As of April 17 - none of the mess has been cleaned up. We had to move the 400 lbs.
of rock to clean up the area in front of our house.
*Left supplies at our house to store - sod cutter, 2 wheelbarrows
Hours: 3

Another Day
*The Rock Ranch delivered 4 granite baskets plus some boulders in another basket to our home

Another Day
*Cut out 2 additional flower beds in yard and sidewalk bed.
Hours: 5

Monday, March 16
*Began to place the rock
*¾ of the rock was placed by the end of this day, but not glued together
*Said he was going to nursery to tag some items for planting
*Told us to leave the sprinklers off so he could finish. We left sprinklers off for 2 entire weeks without him showing up.

Sat, March 28
**** came out and worked about 1/2 hour on the rocks. This was the last day he worked on our property.
*Placed rock around the outside light poles. One layer only - nothing stacked, nothing professional, looks like a child did it.
*He requested another $1000 for his expenses, giving us the impression that plants would be ordered and planted.
*He loaded a ¾ pallet of granite rock onto his trailer, saying that he would give us credit for this rock.

Monday, March 30
Called and said he was having cash flow problems and needed more money to finish the project

Thursday, April 2
*Send a text said he needed $2250 to finish
*I called after and asked for an itemized statement as to the extra charges.
*He said that he couldn't do that. He doesn't keep records of his time on a job.

Wednesday, April 8
*Wheelbarrows and additional supplies picked up from property, no work completed
*Picked up some more of the rock,
Thursday, April 9
Asked and called *** to schedule a time to finish.

Monday, April 13
I requested an itemized list of expenses to justify the additional cost. I also requested that the job by finished by early next week.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015
*Phone conversation and texts stating that he didn't think we could agree on final prices.
*He said he needed payment first before the job is complete because he doesn't trust that we will pay him after the job is complete.

As of April 17, the following has not been completed:
*No plants
*No bed work done
*No trash picked up
*Rock not finished
April 19 - worked about an hour on project, still not finished.

Will email the word document with texts, amounts, and quotes attached.

$7500 quote + $500 for additional rock = 8000 quote

$3695 of quote not completed.

$6000 already paid

$1695 refund requested

Will email table with exact figures.

Customer changed the scope of the work and will not agree to the pricing. I have completed the amount of work for the amount paid. I prefer not to do anymore work for the concern of being compensated. Only an estimate was given not a firm price. They were given options on less expensive products to use but they chose differently.If there was a guarantee for payment,I would finish.

We did not change the scope of the work. The original estimate stated a 2 layer rock border. (See attachment for of estimate.)

Under the recommendation of the Better Business Bureau, we will not pay in full for a job that isn't finished. 80% of the job is already paid for, and under my calculations 80% of the job is not complete.

We have asked numerous times, verbally and through text for a breakdown of the numbers to justify why owner thinks we owe him more money and for the change in price of the scope of the work. He said that he doesn't keep track of that type of information.

Breakdown of hours worked, materials expenses, cost per hour for labor, etc. is requested.

I DO keep track of that type of information, and under my calculations, a refund is requested.
Until we can receive justification of owner's new numbers, we stand by our request for a refund.

Refund denied.The calculations are not accurate. The work performed equals the amount paid to date.

Need a price breakdown including number of hours worked, price per hour, cost of supplies.

Until we see and agree to this price change, we will not agree.

07/09/2014Problems with Product / Service