Courtyard By Marriott Amarillo Downtown

09/04/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

On July 27, 2015 I called and made a reservation for my wife and I to spend our 35th anniversary at the hotel on July 31, 2015. The lady took my credit card information and said we will see you on the 31st. We went to the hotel on the 31st to check in and found we had no reservation. Being on a Friday night we had a very hard time finding another place to stay in Amarillo which pretty much ruined our anniversary. When I got my credit card bill I noticed that the hotel had charged me $205.85. I contacted the hotel and they finally told me that my reservation was under my ex sister-in-laws name. I don't know how this could have possibly happened because her name never came up when I made my reservation and I certainly don't have her credit card information.

I think we should get a full refund and a compensatory nights stay a the hotel.

Dear Mr. ********:

Thank you for your continued support of the Courtyard Amarillo Downtown. We hope you enjoyed your stay with during the Center City Block Party.

I apologize for the inconvenience that resulted from your reservation on July 31, 2015. I understand that you have already discussed this with our associate, ******.

In prior years, there was a rampant misuse of Marriott Reward Numbers wherein guests would stay at a Marriott property, but utilize a Marriott Reward Number that belonged to a family member, friend, or even an administrator at the company they worked for, wherein the points earned for that particular stay were being awarded to someone other than the guest that was actually staying at the hotel. The purpose of the program is to reward the guest staying at the hotel.

In 2014, Marriott installed a system wherein guests could no longer make reservations and earn points on Marriott Reward numbers that did not belong to them. After the Night Audit process each evening, the reservation system automatically changes the name on the reservation to the name of the owner of the Marriott Reward Number on the reservations. This happens to all reservations arriving that day. Your reservation was changed to your sister-in-law's name because the Marriott Reward Number on file under your last reservation on July 07-08, 2012 belonged to Ms. Dian Ruud.

After we investigated this further, the entire amount of $205.85 was returned to the MasterCard for the July 31, 2015 reservation. It had been charged as a Guaranteed No Show that evening since we were unable to locate the reservation for "********", since the system changed the reservation not *********

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to explain this further. We would be more than happy to sign you up for Marriott Rewards so that you have a reward number with the correct personal profile.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Hotels