Cornerstone Electric

09/01/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Charged me while on phone to another customer. Also cam to e in wall socket, but failed to bring socket with him and charged me for the time to go get it. Also, several sort calls to other customers that slowed down my work.
Product_Or_Service: electrical work
Order_Number: n/a
Account_Number: n/a

pay back the over charge

Total time on the job was 2.5 hours. Customer was charged for 2 hours. I did receive several phone calls due to owning a business. Customer was not charged the time I had to spend on the phone. Customer complained I did not bring all material to the job prior to arriving. This is not customary due to all the unknown parts and material that may be needed to complete the job. I installed a new light fixture and installed a new receptacle. I did not bring a new receptacle or material with me because it saves time and money for me and the customer to make one trip to get material, rather than guess and have to make several trips that will end up costing the customer more money. I did not know before I got there what color of receptacle was needed or if there was a special wall plate or etc. I charged $70 an hour plus material. That is comparable with other LICENSED AND INSURED electrical contractors in Amarillo. The averaged rate for electrical contractors is $65 to $80 an hour. Customer compared price to a painter he had just hired. I have to be licensed and insured unlike a painter. That makes my prices hire than most painters.

Electricians