Amarillo Area Appliance Service & Repair

04/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I contacted this company almost 2 months ago when my oven stopped working. The repairman, who I presume is the owner of the business, was very nice. He explained everything and I paid about $300 for a part for repairs. He told me a day the part would be in the following week. When that day passed and I still hadn't heard from him, I called the company. He then called explaining he would need an assistant to help with lifting the oven and gave another date. He returned to the house but the new part only partially fixed the problem. He explained that the control panel needed to be replaced. Since he said it would have a warranty, I decided to go ahead and proceed with over $600 more in repairs. A new control panel was installed about 2 weeks later. We used the oven once and it stopped working. I contacted the company on a Friday afternoon. On Tuesday, when he still hadn't returned to my house, I called again and was told by the female who answered the phone that they knew he had forgotten 2 customers on Monday - which one was I? He came out and could tell that the new control panel wasn't going to work so ordered another one. When he again did not call about putting the new part it, I mistakenly tried to discuss my frustration with the woman who answers the phone. She quickly offered a trite apology and told me I was just taking my frustration out on her - offering absolutely no help for the situation and making me feel as if I couldn't even call the company about service. Yesterday, when he tried to install yet another defective control panel, I asked about a refund so that we can just get another oven. He told me that I may or may not be able to get a refund - it just depends on whether the manufacturer gives him a refund and that he was frustrated too because it was no longer profitable for him to keep driving out to my house. He told me he would call me in the morning with an answer about the part and I again did not hear from him.
Product_Or_Service: oven repair

I would like the money for the defective part refunded because he never warned me that if this part was defective, I would have to eat the costs. Instead, he told me the part would have a warranty. I also want the Better Business Bureau to inform consumers of the risks they take when working with a company like this, especially if they pay in advance.

Issue is resolved. It is very regretful that the customer had a negative experience at all. Defective parts unfortunately can sometimes be a reality especially with electronic devices. We believe she is satisfied and will continue to be a customer in the future. Which is the best outcome for any company when a customer has had any type of negative issue.

Appliances - Small - Service & Repair