Contact Better Business Bureau for Radio, Television and Print Media Interviews
David Quinlan, Senior Director of Public Relations & Community Outreach
BBB's Public Relations Managers can assist reporters and media members in:
- Addressing questions on BBB releases and current marketplace issues.
- Locating helpful consumer tips on avoiding frauds and making smart purchasing decisions.
- Finding BBB Business Reviews on local and national companies. Reviews include: Company contact information, personnel, business history, complaint activity and industry details.
- Researching fraudulent companies and scams operating locally and nationally.
- Connecting with scam victims and consumers who have filed BBB complaints.
- Acquiring a list of companies—BBB Accredited and non-accredited—by industry category.
- Examining inquiries and complaints by industry. BBB's "Top 20" most-complained-about and most-inquired-about industry statistics are released quarterly and yearly.
- Getting contact information for local and national regulatory and government agencies.
Interested members of the media are encouraged to use the current approved version of BBB's seal. For a high-resolution file of BBB's Seal, please contact email@example.com.
Better Business Bureau serving Alaska, Oregon and Western Washington is one of 112 in North America and the largest BBB by geographical service area. BBB is a neutral not-for-profit public reporting agency committed to trust in the marketplace. For more information on ethical business standards and BBB Accreditation, or to access free BBB Business Reviews, Charity Reviews, scam alerts or find local event information, contact BBB or visit bbb.org.