In Alaska, Oregon & Western Washington

Sadler's Home Furnishings

12 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

01/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint: Mattress is too soft. Feels like foam. Demonstration model did not when one changed positions. Item sent to us floats when there is movement. We were told to put a piece of board under the mattress. Contract will not allow for returns until after 60 days, but the return section indicates 30 days for returns.?!

RE: Case ********* **** ******

Dear Sirs:

Sadler's Home Furnishings is always concerned about the comfort of our customers. After reviewing *** ******'s issue, the way we display it on a platform bed versus his being on foundations could affect the feel.

With that information I have authorized an exchange sooner then the 60 night sleep policy.

In regards to *** ******'s comment that "But the return section indicates 30 days for returns?!", he is clearly mistaken as evidence by the attached policy page that he clearly signed. The "Return" section clearly states "furniture". Mattress purchases has it's own section. There is states "One time exchange after 60 night adjustment period."

BED WAS REPLACED. STILL, WHEN SPOUSE IS RESTLESS; BED SHAKES LIKE AN EARTHQUAKE. BUT, WIFE IS SATISFIED

12/23/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Non-delivery of products

Complaint: Bought a memory foam mattress/boxspring in MAY. Was delivered with dirty cover. Customer service came out and decided to order a new cover. Was told it would take 6-8 weeks. At 8 weeks I called for an update. Was told they would look into it and call me back. Never heard anything. Called another week later. Was told they didn't know what was going on and would speak to the person handling the order. A few days later I decided to call the sales rep who sold the bed. He found out an order confirmation was never received. Order was placed yet again for the mattress cover. About 8 weeks later I called again for an update. They supposedly received it the day I called. They came out to put the cover on the mattress only for me to realize the cover's pattern did not look the same. I realized the bed that was delivered was NOT the bed I bought. At this point I had a mattress that was one brand and a boxspring that was another. If anyone is familiar with mattress warranties then they know this will void a mattress's warranty. It took several weeks of calling regularly to get any kind of information or updates from anyone on what the next steps would be. I was always left with a "I will call you back". I tried to speak with the supervisor/manager of customer service and was told by 2 different customer service reps that the manager wouldn't return my calls, he would only give the regular reps my contact information to call me back. I still left a message with him and never received a call back. At 6 months of still dealing with their error I called the store manager. He said we could come in and pick out a new bed. He offered no apologies and only blamed me for having too many hands in the pot. He also told me the bed did not have a warranty to which the sales rep who sold it stated it did in fact have one. (He later corrected himself). I only wanted to know what is going on and no one would give me any updates what so ever. First they were reordering a new cover for the mattress I had actually been sleeping on, then we discovered the boxspring was a different brand so they were going to send out the matching boxspring. But it was never explained on why all that wasn't being done. I was more than patient and kind and tried to avoid going to the BBB. After speaking with the store manager I asked who else I could address this issue with since the store manager felt the need to not apologize for their mistake. He forwarded me to the Customer Service manager and I left a message just asking for a call back. That was over a week ago. I received a call back from the customer service rep who was trying to help. She informed me that the customer service manager decided to deliver the original bed we ordered. I asked for a refund at this point because now the store manager is saying one thing (pick out a new bed) and the service manager saying another. I was denied a refund. So now I'm sleeping on the original bed I ordered. They gave me a 60 day trial on the mattress as I should have received from the start. Now I'm dealing with the body aches and back pain from breaking in yet another bed that who knows if it will be tolerable in the next 3 months. I would really just like my money back but feel like I'm going to deal with even more issues returning this newest mattress.

I have spoken with ms ***** ***** on her bedding issue. Currently she is talking with her spouse considering the options we have offered. The options are 1) reselect new mattress set or2) return for a full refund.
At this time I am waiting on their decision.

03/28/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues